Cornwall Football Forum

Just like to have your views on this

Should all junior clubs who enter the junior cup be put into one hat? which i mean that all east and west clubs will will not be split up like the senior cup!!!!

My View:- I think that this should happen because its only one up you do this and you have a chance of playing a club in the east or west!!!

You may say about travelling such as torpoint going to st just but you only have to travel once down there and also you more unlikely to play a team from your league.

so the fors:

1. Play new Team
  2. Dont know nothing about the team you are playing
  3. Day out
  4. different pitches

the negatives

well the travelling

:c::drink: :clapper:

Just like to have your views on this

Should all junior clubs who enter the junior cup be put into one hat? which i mean that all east and west clubs will will not be split up like the senior cup!!!!

My View:- I think that this should happen because its only one up you do this and you have a chance of playing a club in the east or west!!!

You may say about travelling such as torpoint going to st just but you only have to travel once down there and also you more unlikely to play a team from your league.

so the fors:

1. Play new Team
  2. Dont know nothing about the team you are playing
  3. Day out
  4. different pitches

the negatives

well the travelling

:c::drink::clapper:

Yes as a team from down west, i personally would like to see all the teams in one hat. I guess they keep it as East and West so that the better teams will make it thru instead of playing each other in earlier rounds - less likely a chance of a giant killing. With regards to travelling, it is nice to play on "foreign territory" could revitalise the Junior cup cos as i see it, most see it as an inconvenience and the crowds are reducing all the time

We (St. Newlyn East) have really enjoyed playing teams in the "wild" West over the previous 2 seasons despite playing our league football in the Duchy League. It gives us the opportunity to compare the standards of our respective leagues in competetive matches, visit new grounds and also adds an extra spice to the cup tie.

This season we made an extra effort and hired a coach for both of our away trips - the players loved it as it made it a bit special and we took a few spectators with us as well!!!

We are fortunate (or unfortunate if you like) to be central to both the east and west so travelling isn't really an issue that would come in to it for us. I for one would be in favour of all teams going into one pot...

A couple of times in recent seasons, like St Newlyn East, Grampound has been placed in the Western half of the draw and, also like them, we have really enjoyed the experience of playing at new grounds and against new opponents. We also took the opportunity to have a bit of a day out at the same time when playing away. With regard to the travelling, nowhere in Cornwall is that far from anywhere else really (I can remember allowing 2 hours to travel 25 miles across London to play) and it is only likely to happen once or twice a season. I would welcome the change.

Definitely a good idea. Always up for a day out and to play different teams. It would make the winner even more worthy as well as the best teams (regardless of west or east) would play each other in the latter stages.

I can feel a petition brewing...

lets do it!!