Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 16/04/11

Mining 3

St Ives Mariners 1 Goonhavern res 9 ht 0-9

goonhavern started the game really well kept the ball played our football and flew to a 9 - 0 lead.

We came out second half and and it was like a diffrent game. We was second to everything and credit to st ives a good bunch of lads they played really well never gave up.

Then resulted in them winning the second half with a penalty good luck rest of season see you at ours soon :thumbsup:

SCORERS weeble(3) alex(2) rob(1) joe(1) diddy(1) own goal (1)

Mining 1

Goonhavern 8-1 Storm

Never really got out of first gear today but had enough in tank to overturn the much improved visitors.

Dan Rollerson scored a quickfire early brace to get the scoring underway. Joe Carlyon made it 3-0 with a 30 yard chip.

Sam Waters scored a second half brace and Joe Carlyon added his second of the game before Curtis Keen and Dan Rollerson completing his hattrick finished the scoring. Storm's goal came from their left winger I think who finished well when put through.

Good luck to Storm for the remainder of their season.

Mining 1

St Buryan 3 - 4 Gwinear CT (2-1ht)

After a bad run of form, luck and injuries today's victory was very welcome . Went down their with bare bones carrying injuries and having had our keeper poached 2 weeks ago (what's that about in April !)we've stuck to our princibles and resisted the offers of ringers and lined up for the second week with out a reconised keeper , credit to all the Gwinear boys played good football and stood up to be counted against a very good and strong Buryan team , coming from 3 - 1 down to revenge the 4-3 defeat at home . Ryan Turner with the 1st and 3rd , Barney Dagger with a peach for the second and Dan Bagshaw coming of the bench carrying an injury to claim the winner ! :yahoo:

Peter Grenfell reffed the game very well, was calm explained all his disisions and ran the game from start to finish with a smile on his face .

Good luck St Buryan and thanks for the fish-finger sarnies :drink:

Mount ambrose 0 west Cornwall 11. Good bunch of lads at mount. Good luck for rest of season

Thanks Gilly, Gave us a footballing lesson today, after 3 straight wins we were optimistic about our chances and only being 2-0 down at half time we had battled well without really creating any good chances and we were hopefull of getting back into it, West Cornwall had other ideas and really came out firing in the second half and there superior fitness and quality really told, and but for some great saves from our new keeper it could well have been a lot more. A good bunch of lads at West Cornwall who kept playing football and never took the piss like some teams would when the score got silly, all the best for the rest of the season

Mount Man of the Match;

Ben james (keeper) :clapper:

Next up Praze another nice easy one :SM_carton:

St Agnes 1 - 7 Carbis Bay

Carbis Bay the better team on the day, played some nice football and broke St Agnes down well. Fair play to Aggie who took the lead with a well taken free kick on edge of box that keeper spilt leaving an easy tap in, they never gave up today and had there own good passing spells. Nice bunch of lads and with that effort will take points off other teams easy. Very well refed!! :smiley20:

threemilestone res 1-2 titans

really good bunch of lads hope they win the league, never big headed or mouthy just well organized and respected us and ref. scoreline maybe flatters us a little although neither side really looked like scoring many

threemilestone 8-1 sennen heard we were average and sennen were poor

really good bunch of lads hope they win the league, never big headed or mouthy just well organized and respected us and ref. scoreline maybe flatters us a little although neither side really looked like scoring many

Have to say tms no9 we had so many chances second half we should have been home and dry but took none of them a problem that seems to haunt us. However i thought in both the games at yours ur guys were superb and ur a big side as well, warned the guys at half time that it had to be put to bed early, even at 2-0 but we couldnt score and with 5 to go look at what can happen. Good luck for the rest of ur season. :thumbsup:

Have to say tms no9 we had so many chances second half we should have been home and dry but took none of them a problem that seems to haunt us. However i thought in both the games at yours ur guys were superb and ur a big side as well, warned the guys at half time that it had to be put to bed early, even at 2-0 but we couldnt score and with 5 to go look at what can happen. Good luck for the rest of ur season. :thumbsup:

really i think you controlled the game but i cant remember either keeper really having a save to make other then the goals. think ask made a 1 on 1 save and that was about it several good balls whipped in from your small winger ( jordan i think his name was)

really i think you controlled the game but i cant remember either keeper really having a save to make other then the goals. think ask made a 1 on 1 save and that was about it several good balls whipped in from your small winger ( jordan i think his name was)

Spot on, when i say missed chances im talking about that final ball to many scuffed shots, even though our front two both scored they missed to many final balls to even trouble your keeps. :D

Illogan 7 - 1 Trevenson (HT 3-1)

(Adam Callaway 4, Luke Abbott-Smith 2, Lee Harris)

Good game for us this week after some indifferent performances. We played some good football and knocked the ball around well with some really well taken goals especially by Cally, just what we wanted going into our next 2 games which are going to be really tough with Redruth United in the Dunn Cup semi Tuesday and the big one Junior Cup final on Easter Monday!!

Illogan 7 - 1 Trevenson (HT 3-1)

(Adam Callaway 4, Luke Abbott-Smith 2, Lee Harris)

Good game for us this week after some indifferent performances. We played some good football and knocked the ball around well with some really well taken goals especially by Cally, just what we wanted going into our next 2 games which are going to be really tough with Redruth United in the Dunn Cup semi Tuesday and the big one Junior Cup final on Easter Monday!!

In my opinion, the best footballing side in the junior leagues by a long shot! Could easily mount a decent challenge in combination.

If people out there want to see how to play football, this is a side to watch. Movement, fitness, communication and ability is evident throughout.

Enough arse licking now....

A good game from which my lads at Trevenson battled well. Almost thought we could pull the scoreline back once we'd scored and made it 3-1... But that wasn't to be. Down at Robartes on Saturday which I'm hoping will be alot closer contested than this game.

All the best to Illogan for the remainder of the season, especially on Easter Monday.

According to the FA fulltime website:

L 16/04/11 Madron A - W Halsetown

Nothing posted here, any confirmation on what happened?

Earlier on in the season the game was called off with Halsetown unable to raise aside however Halsetown reserve team played and won. Madron thought they will be given the 3 points.

However recieving the fixture list realised the game had been rescheduled, Mr Davenport was unhappy withh this contacted the league and told them, however game was still scheduled Alan told Halsetown the referee, and the league the game wont be going ahead.

Earlier on in the season the game was called off with Halsetown unable to raise aside however Halsetown reserve team played and won. Madron thought they will be given the 3 points.

However recieving the fixture list realised the game had been rescheduled, Mr Davenport was unhappy withh this contacted the league and told them, however game was still scheduled Alan told Halsetown the referee, and the league the game wont be going ahead.

To put this one straight, Halsetown were only informed of the late arranged game earlier in the season on the Thursday night. The league agreed this was not enough time for us to field a team, and informed us in writing that the game would be rearranged.

As for last week, Mr Davenport did not bother to inform the Halsetown secretary until we phoned on the Thursday night to see why no contact had been made. After a promise to return our call the Halsetown sec needed to call Mr Davenport again on the Friday night, and was told that the game was not going ahead.

So because the Chairman wasn't happy with the league ruling he decided to not play the re-arrangement? Funny, last time I checked, the league were the one who made the decisions and we had to abide by them whether we liked it or not. I certainly wasn't over-impressed when they ruled that Madron turning up to play us with their manager and 5 players was a postponement (because the other players MUST have gone to our old ground and gone home, despite the manager and 5 others managing to get to our ground successfully) but we had to accept the decision and move on. You didn't find us taking our ball home because we had to replay the fixture.