Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Latest Table

Please can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 16th April

Hayle Reserves (Matt Thomas 2, Mark Pope, Gary Bell) 4-1 Wendron United (James Daniel)

Att - 30

Ludgvan 0-12 Helston Athletic (Mark Goldsworthy 5, Shaun Parker 2, Nigel Thwaits 2, Liam Eddy, Dan Stidwell, OG)

Att - 20

Mullion (Sean Haskell-Mills 2,Rob Carey, Joe Lugg) 4-4 Falmouth Town Reserves (Chris Morris 2, Luke Wort, Mike Newberry)

Att - 50

Newquay Reserves (Ben ColQuhoun 2, Jamie Tipton, Dom Roberts, Craig Barclay) 5-3 Penzance Reserves (Jonathon Badcock 2, Liam Andrew)

Att - 14

Pendeen Rovers (Andy Annis 2, Ashley Thomas, Wade Brown, Rikki Smith, Josh Mooney) 6-2 Holman SC (Adam Selley, Rob Press)

Att - 35

Penryn Athletic Reserves 0-2 St Agnes (Jordan Maloy, Thaddeus Vingoe)

Att - 45

Porthleven Reserves P-P Perranwell

St Day 0-5 Illogan RBL (Paul Wolstencroft, Simon Ellis, Craig Williams, James Martin, Jonny Jones)

Att - 25

St Just (Darren Steadman, OG) 2-2 Troon (Jamie Marles 2)

Att - 50

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

HELSTON ATHLETIC 29 25 2 2 100 28 72 77

ST JUST 30 20 7 3 92 44 48 67

PERRANWELL 26 20 4 2 102 26 76 64

ILLOGAN RBL 28 19 6 3 88 19 69 63

ST AGNES 29 19 4 6 98 37 61 61

PENDEEN ROVERS 28 17 4 7 89 39 50 55

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 26 18 1 7 68 28 40 55

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 30 15 6 9 91 52 39 51

WENDRON UNITED 31 15 3 13 79 74 5 48

RNAS CULDROSE 28 12 4 12 70 68 2 40

TROON 31 12 4 15 58 68 -10 40

ST DAY 30 11 5 14 64 67 -3 38

MULLION 29 9 6 14 70 79 -9 33

ST IVES TOWN 30 11 0 19 55 71 -16 33

NEWQUAY RESERVES 31 8 4 19 48 73 -25 28

HAYLE RESERVES 28 7 5 16 37 70 -41 25*

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 29 6 6 17 47 93 -46 24

PENZANCE RESERVES 34 7 3 24 36 101 -65 24

HOLMAN SC 33 5 2 25 44 109 -65 17

LUDGVAN 31 0 2 29 15 202 -187 2

Lol had to laugh at that ctb!

St day 0 Illogan 5

Illogan scorers Paul Wolstencroft, Simon Ellis, Craig Williams, James Martin, Jonny Jones

Att hard to say with a cup quarter final on the adjoining pitch, would estimate 25 tho watching us?!

I was surprised how few people turned up at Newquay today. I counted 14 just before half-time and that included everyone, Newquay club officials, etc. There was 2 from Penzance, my daughter and I.

Newquay went 2-0 up but the teams went in 3-2 in Pz's favour. Newquay then scored 3 in the second half.

Once again no goalie for Pz, so Tiffer went in between the sticks, no subs, only left Pz with 9 players forcing a couple to come and play to make up the numbers. So the youngsters visibly tired once Newquay brought on their 3 substitutes.

But unlike Porthleven we fulfilled our fixture today.

Illogan, Helston and St Just to play at home, Penryn away. I don't think we'll get another point for this season.

with all due respect and i'm not disrespecting anybody, and i'm no expert having been at hayle only a few months but alot of the lads that play in our first team were forced to step up with the exodus to penzance pre season, before they were ready, hence hayle's position in the peninsula league unfortunately, so personally i look at it as the combo team getting their players back. The majority of the players who helped out while both senior teams were playing have dropped back down to the 3rds and 4ths and are happy with that because the step from mining 3 to combo is a big one, just an opinion :c:

with all due respect and i'm not disrespecting anybody, and i'm no expert having been at hayle only a few months but alot of the lads that play in our first team were forced to step up with the exodus to penzance pre season, before they were ready, hence hayle's position in the peninsula league unfortunately, so personally i look at it as the combo team getting their players back. The majority of the players who helped out while both senior teams were playing have dropped back down to the 3rds and 4ths and are happy with that because the step from mining 3 to combo is a big one, just an opinion :c:

You can count my posts on here on one hand, so you can tell its touched a nerve. Both Hayles 1st and 2nd teams are currently the same, as Scoffy pointed out all but a couple of players from the 1st left and so the 2nds fill in for the 1st not the other way around. But as usual the sad ass sour grapes on here strikes again. Perranwell, St Day now is it Hayles turn, next it will be how much we get payed. Chin up girls and thanks for turning up, jammo and Marcus im shocked at your reaction when youve been part of these scenario`s many times. Kettle and black. Off to spend my goal bonus ######

Popey

Group: Members Posts: 11 Joined: 15-September 06 Posted 11 minutes ago

Scoffy, on 16 April 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

with all due respect and i'm not disrespecting anybody, and i'm no expert having been at hayle only a few months but alot of the lads that play in our first team were forced to step up with the exodus to penzance pre season, before they were ready, hence hayle's position in the peninsula league unfortunately, so personally i look at it as the combo team getting their players back. The majority of the players who helped out while both senior teams were playing have dropped back down to the 3rds and 4ths and are happy with that because the step from mining 3 to combo is a big one, just an opinion

You can count my posts on here on one hand, so you can tell its touched a nerve. Both Hayles 1st and 2nd teams are currently the same, as Scoffy pointed out all but a couple of players from the 1st left and so the 2nds fill in for the 1st not the other way around. But as usual the sad ass sour grapes on here strikes again. Perranwell, St Day now is it Hayles turn, next it will be how much we get payed. Chin up girls and thanks for turning up, jammo and Marcus im shocked at your reaction when youve been part of these scenario`s many times. Kettle and black. Off to spend my goal bonus ######

i'd love to see this hand??? is it on youtube??!! lol

quiet night in then big man lol :yahoo: luv you :clapper:

Popey

Group: Members Posts: 11 Joined: 15-September 06 Posted 11 minutes ago

Scoffy, on 16 April 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

with all due respect and i'm not disrespecting anybody, and i'm no expert having been at hayle only a few months but alot of the lads that play in our first team were forced to step up with the exodus to penzance pre season, before they were ready, hence hayle's position in the peninsula league unfortunately, so personally i look at it as the combo team getting their players back. The majority of the players who helped out while both senior teams were playing have dropped back down to the 3rds and 4ths and are happy with that because the step from mining 3 to combo is a big one, just an opinion

i'd love to see this hand??? is it on youtube??!! lol

Not on youtube but usually in your mum

did i touch a nerve old boyo? lol

dont take it heart popey son, just saying that now the 1st team fixtures are over, its the 1st team playing, im pretty sure that about 6weeks ago the starting 11 for your 2nds was different?

anyway to be honest-i couldnt care less whether you use 1st team or 4th team-it is a club after all and you are entitled to put out whatever team you wish.

just gutted i couldnt play today-ahh well, sunnin it on carbis bay beach was probably more fun lol-oops hang on, perhaps i shouldnt have said that-my commitment will be questioned now lol

glad to see you scorin tho you old timer ###### :smiley20:

Boyo, Son??? Smithy your 7stone dripping wet and the only thing youve touched tonight is yourself.

For all the guys that still dont get it, i`ll try again without using pictures and crayons, there is no 1st team, it mainly consists of the 2nd team and so the team you refer to as different 6 weeks ago is because it was filled with 3rd/4th team. But now the `1st` team fixtures are nearly complete it means the 2nds are back to its usual strengh.

This is the exact reason this forum content as become so poor and only used for result checking or sad ****`s to slate any club that they have no conection with or that are doing well.

Boyo, Son??? Smithy your 7stone dripping wet and the only thing youve touched tonight is yourself.

For all the guys that still dont get it, i`ll try again without using pictures and crayons, there is no 1st team, it mainly consists of the 2nd team and so the team you refer to as different 6 weeks ago is because it was filled with 3rd/4th team. But now the `1st` team fixtures are nearly complete it means the 2nds are back to its usual strengh.

This is the exact reason this forum content as become so poor and only used for result checking or sad ****`s to slate any club that they have no conection with or that are doing well.

and it was gr8 too! :thumbsup:

######

Pendeen 6-2

Att 35

Holman Goalscorers

Adam Selley

Rob Press

A Sunny day at Pendeen saw the home side take the lead on the 4th min from a corner headed in by Rikki Smith.....At that point i thought it was going to be "one of those afternoons" and although ultimatley it eventually did Holmans postponed the dreaded all to familiar feeling until the 2nd half when after conceeding the 1st goal bounced back with an equaliser from a rare header from Adam "50 pence head" Selley to draw the scores level. Holmans then surprisingly took the lead when Rob Press got on to a good through pass from Mat Osborn and ran through with only the keeper to beat and calmly slotted the ball in the back of the net.

HT 1-2

The game was completley turned on its head after half time. Pendeen came out with much more purpose and within 10 minutes the wheels along with the doors, roof and engine had come off for Holmans as Pendeen equalised and then quickly followed up with another 2 goals to take a 4-2 lead. Holmans were sruggling to threaten the Pendeen 18yd box and the Pendeen attack were giving the Holmans defence a torrid time who had stood firm 1st half but were finding it difficult to deal with the strength and pace of Wade throughout the 2nd half and a further 2 goals for the home side took the final scoreline 6-2.

Both sides get to do it all again Tuesday Night when Pendeen visit Blaythorne for the return fixture

fair report neil, but that through ball by matt was infact a horrendous back pass by ashley thomas, sorry ash!. i thought your guys were excellent first half neil, they played some good football, and lucky for us we managed to lift it a bit in the second half. see you tuesday night. is it 6-30 ko mate.

6:30 kick off fine for Tuesday will give everyone a bit more time to get there.......we have players coming all the way from Redruth!!!! Lol

Definatley a game of 2 halves and pendeen showed great resolve to come out and play as well as they did 2nd half...... Must have been a good 2nd half team talk Andre! Was really pleased with our 1st half display just a shame football is played over 90min......maybe I should suggest a rule change and reduce it to 45min if the away team are in front?????

Mullion Goalscorers;

Joe Lugg

Sean Haskell-Mills 2

Rob Carey

Mullion Could and shouldhave picked up the 3 points, 1 penalty scored and another saved by Mark Rose in the Falmouth goal, who was probably lucky to stay on after bringing down Rob Carey who had taken the ball past him in the box. Mullion Goalkeeper Tom Collins was again in exceptional form, both teams looked dangerous and good going forward. Nowhere near as good as we played in the two previous maches vs Helston and St. Just.

I think there were a lot more than 25 at the match, not sure where you got that figure. more like 50. 2 local teams didnt have a game and showed up to watch a great matchfor a neutral. :drink:

Blame whoever gave the match report to the Sunday paper. Will alter website and posting.

All done, a couple of minutes work.

You should be on the phone to me as soon as your matches are finished with the results, scorers and attendances! Forget the shower or after match pint me first, OK!!

Some of our boys never shower after anyway!! maybe they are going green? but going home brown ....

And when i watched a match i go to my local shop on a sunday morning to get the Independent

to read the fiction on the sports pages!! :c: