Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Title Run-in!!!

After Torpoints enthatic win over Plymouth Parkway last night, i now feel that it is a 3 horse race for the title between, Torpoint, St Dennis and Sticker. With all 3 clubs having some difficult games to play before the season is over, i think more points are yet to be dropped! Just wanted to know what everyones views were on the tense title run-in, in what has been a very exciting season in the East Cornwall Premier League so far .............??? :thumbsup:

Wish you could play Torpoint on the sunday morning of the cup final jonnie that and a coach we are travelling on parked in the goal we are defending may just give us a chance.Great to see St Dennis doing so well ,whoever wins it will be deserved champions.

Dave and Stuart have got the boys playing as a team and working hard for each other this year. Long may it continue, looking forward to seeing the team i watched at Nanpean earlier in the year on Final day.

Jamie Kay hasn't transfered to Wadebridge as he?

I am looking forward to the team that played against Nanpean turning up for the final as well mate. Jammie Kaye hasnt gone to Wadebridge just helped them ouy for a couple of games.The semi against Liskeard took it out of the players and that has shown in the last couple of games,promotion looks beyond us now hopefully the lads will relax and enjoy the day,will be good to see Dave and the lads on the day.

I can see it being a very close finish with only a couple of points in it, and with torpoints last 2 games being against sticker and st dennis that could have a big say.

St dennis away to parkway tomorrow will be interesting. They drew 2-2 only a couple of weeks ago and I know parkway feel they should have won the game having gone 2-0 up.

Sticker are the underdogs but can't be written off as they've been in the top 3 all season.

I can't call it, however do think st dennis drop points away from home and it could bite them in the a**.

Also heard carl rickard is grounded for tomorrows fixture... Santini any news on that one??

Carl Is grounded yes topgaffer, lol ha, and as for dropping points away from home, we have a 100% away record I'n the league at the moment, looking better away then we are home lol, having lost to Bodmin bude and torpoint at home and drawing to parkway home, will be a close run I'n and whoever finishes top will Definatly deserve it, me personally would take finishing 2nd behind a quality torpoint side but above our promotion rivals sticker, and hopefully winning the league cup,this would be a great achievement for us at St Dennis, with it being our 1st season back in the ECPL. But the double I's still on for us, so we will be pushing so hard to try and complete that. Alot if teams will be set out to make it difficult for us, but that's what make it exciting, will be a very interesting and exciting run in, goodluck to all teams involved. :-)

I can see it being a very close finish with only a couple of points in it, and with torpoints last 2 games being against sticker and st dennis that could have a big say.

St dennis away to parkway tomorrow will be interesting. They drew 2-2 only a couple of weeks ago and I know parkway feel they should have won the game having gone 2-0 up.

Sticker are the underdogs but can't be written off as they've been in the top 3 all season.

I can't call it, however do think st dennis drop points away from home and it could bite them in the a**.

Also heard carl rickard is grounded for tomorrows fixture... Santini any news on that one??

You heard correct, I am grounded for tomorrows game. Still trying to beg mum to let me play, but shes not having any of it!!! :(

im hoping st dennis will win it now,, new team and al that!! but if it does go down to the game between them and torpoint you just watch them pull in the 1st teamers!!! st dennis is good enough they have proved even in the cup, bye bye torpoint your no longer the champions!

If "topgaffer" I's Ricky then that I's funny, because for 1 of the so called "respected mangers" I'n our league he certainly does come out with some childish posts, but hey will take it as a pinch of salt, and bitterness towards us, after dumping them out of the cup :-)

Not ricky cardew, keep guessing sherlock.

Don't seem to remember belittling your cup success at any stage either? I think any team that can get the better of a strong torpoint side over 2 legs deserves to go on to lift the cup, just make sure it isn't carl lifting the trophy, he might snap those twiglets he has for arms ;)