Cornwall Football Forum

mining league results 13/04

i totally disagree with that comment, titans were lucky to have their goal stand, west cornwall keeper had both hands on the ball, which was then knocked out of his hands and the titans player tapped in. west cornwall were unlucky not to take the 3 points, thought that it was clear titans used the 'ROOT ONE'tactic!!

Newlyn 3 Madron 1

Made pretty hard work of this, missing three key players we played well for the first 15 minutes and went 1-0 up, but for most of the first half let Madron into the game. We missed a few chances, but didn't really play any football and had our keeper to thank for keeping the one goal advantage with a great one handed save.

The second half we again were very sloppy and wasn't until we made it 2-0 that we started playing any sort of football. Madron had a couple of chances to pull one back but their striker missed when in good positions. A well taken header made it 3-0 and from there the Madron linesman proceed to give offside for everything, even the Madron players were laughing at it! In the last few minutes Madron scored a consolation but the game was over by then. All in all a pretty dire game of football for the people watching. Madron had a few first (or is it second???) team players in there but we still should have played a lot better, but you have to win ugly sometimes.

Two of the Madron players like a bit of kicking off the ball etc etc when the ref wasn't looking, then squaring up to players, pretty laughable really, the rest were a good bunch and battled to the end.

welcome to your opinion my friend, maybe im biast, i am a titan. tho we did miss 2 sitters late on

yes indeed that is true, missing them didnt help, sorry im a neutral :L

Titans didn't deserve 3points today. Neither did west Cornwall. Fair result I thought. Neither team played well. But everytime we meet it's a scrappy game. Have a good rest of season titans. Never no may see you again if we both win semis.

welcome to your opinion my friend, maybe im biast, i am a titan. tho we did miss 2 sitters late on

Titans didn't deserve 3points today. Neither did west Cornwall. Fair result I thought. Neither team played well. But everytime we meet it's a scrappy game. Have a good rest of season titans. Never no may see you again if we both win semis.

I was there as a neutral, I thought Titans were the better of the two teams for the majority of the match, but as you said neither really played well - too much of the game played at 100mph. West Cornwall did come in to it in the last 20 minutes but then again Titans could/should have won it with that shot that just crept past the right hand post about 5 minutes from the end.

I was at the far end from the Titans goal but it did look to me like the keeper had already lost the ball when the Titans player headed it, but as I said I was a long way away. Ref got both penalty shouts right, although the ball may have struck the arm in both cases there was certainly no intent and "play on" was the correct shout.

One other point, how come West Cornwall had two players both wearing Number 11 for a period in the second half?

I was there as a neutral, I thought Titans were the better of the two teams for the majority of the match, but as you said neither really played well - too much of the game played at 100mph. West Cornwall did come in to it in the last 20 minutes but then again Titans could/should have won it with that shot that just crept past the right hand post about 5 minutes from the end.

I was at the far end from the Titans goal but it did look to me like the keeper had already lost the ball when the Titans player headed it, but as I said I was a long way away. Ref got

both penalty shouts right, although the ball may have struck the arm in both cases there was certainly no intent and "play on" was the correct shout.

One other point, how come West Cornwall had two players both wearing Number 11 for a period in the second half?

Buy one get one free on shirt numbers

Mining 3

Praze 5-0 St Ives Mariners

H/T 0-0

The visitors were the better of the two teams in the first half and where unlucky not to take the lead.The second half saw the home team more up for it and scored two quick goals. Mariners kept going on what was not a good evening for Football. Praze added the third with a long range effort. The home side added the fourth with 20 minutes to go and the fifth went in 10 minutes before the end.

Praze Goalscorers

Luke Williams

Dan Bray

Oli Nidds

Corrigan Bray

Matt Trudgeon

Good luck to the Mariners for the rest of the season.

thought the referee had a good game tonight.told both captains before the game he would try and play advantage and that is what he did :clapper: i also thought he was correct for the titans goal,player and keeper both got to the ball at the same time.

have to agree about the two penalty shouts its great to see a ref use some commone sense. although titans had the more clear cut chances i also agree the best team won :thumbsup: this just makes things even tighter at the top and all to play for. :drink:

thought the referee had a good game tonight.told both captains before the game he would try and play advantage and that is what he did :clapper: i also thought he was correct for the titans goal,player and keeper both got to the ball at the same time.

have to agree about the two penalty shouts its great to see a ref use some commone sense. although titans had the more clear cut chances i also agree the best team won :thumbsup: this just makes things even tighter at the top and all to play for. :drink:

Best team won, Martin it was a draw

Ludgvan Res 1 - 4 Rosudgeon Res

Tough, physical game in completely different conditions from Saturday.

Undeterred by Ludgvan fetching up a few from the higher echelons we set out our stall and could have been up within the first ten minutes after catching the back line napping. However it wasn't long after when Chesney found the back of the net with a cool finish to add to his tally for the season. Guilty of not clearing our lines, we allowed Ludgvan back in it 1-1. On the balance we were probably lucky to be only level with Si Taylor in between the sticks pulling off a couple of match turning saves.

HT

2nd half was a dogged battle across the pitch, with light fading and tackles getting tasty, we won our own battles throughout the side. On top, Jock Mccree was unlucky to see his dipping effort punched off the line - by an outfield player, penalty, Julio Geordio makes no mistake, 2-1. Mint.

From here confidence grew and 1st half mistakes were forgotten, the game was put beyond Ludgvan after Julio Geordio saw his canny effort flapped at by the keeper and over the line (shades of Gomes v Real) and Ginger John, fresh from an ear bashing off mother for having to wash the kit, was on hand after another spiller from the keeps to open his account for the season.

Fair play to the Ref, had a couple of big calls and was fair towards both sides. Bit disappointed that none of the Ludgvan boys stopped for a drink after, seeing as they were at home.

Well fought game, big 3 pts, and a side full of strength and character, now we can look forward to Home v Madron next Wednesday.......

i totally disagree with that comment, titans were lucky to have their goal stand, west cornwall keeper had both hands on the ball, which was then knocked out of his hands and the titans player tapped in. west cornwall were unlucky not to take the 3 points, thought that it was clear titans used the 'ROOT ONE'tactic!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Absolutely correct regarding the titans goal Seymour! Of all comments, I believe you had the best view of it?! Ball bouncing back to keeper on edge of box, defender between keeper and striker seeing the ball through to the keeper, keeper catches it, defender then moves away to avoid collision, striker runs through and knocks it out of keepers hands! Ref probably only man on the field who didn't see it lol! Ah well, some you get, some you don't, too late now! Titans dominated 1st half with the wind and slope, 2nd half WC were more competitive and finished the game stronger! Draw was the fair result, totally agree with that! Best of luck for the rest of season!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

all you play is root one football jesus christ praise the lord marksy are you blind?.....no you dont know anything bout footy

Absolutely correct regarding the titans goal Seymour! Of all comments, I believe you had the best view of it?! Ball bouncing back to keeper on edge of box, defender between keeper and striker seeing the ball through to the keeper, keeper catches it, defender then moves away to avoid collision, striker runs through and knocks it out of keepers hands! Ref probably only man on the field who didn't see it lol! Ah well, some you get, some you don't, too late now! Titans dominated 1st half with the wind and slope, 2nd half WC were more competitive and finished the game stronger! Draw was the fair result, totally agree with that! Best of luck for the rest of season!

thank you, i thought it shouldnt of stood, but, like you said some you get some you dont, Titans love playing root one football on that pitch, and i thought thats all they had to offer.

it amuses me when i hear titans are a long ball team.part of the game is to create space and on many occassions the ball is passed along our back line and into midfield.if teams press up against us restricting space then the best option is to play the ball behind the defence making them turn around and face their own goal,taking the pressure off your own defence.to me it makes common sense,its called playing the game after all we all cannot play pretty football and win loads of trophies like ARSENAL every year can we :thumbsup:

:yahoo::yahoo:

all you play is root one football jesus christ praise the lord marksy are you blind?.....no you dont know anything bout footy

perhaps u should introduce urself when we play u at illogan cause u seem to have a thing about me and titans AM I UR DAD :yahoo::yahoo: oh by the way if ur not on the bench for a 2nd team player or for that matter not in the squad at all introduce urself you can tell me all about how it should be done proerly. ps arent u below us in the league :yahoo: MMMMMMM now that begs belief :P