Cornwall Football Forum

Rooney

I am a man utd fan but Rooney saying f off to the cameras was stupid he gets £200 grand a week hes a brilliant player but he blackmailed the club with his wage demands the manager should of said no im not paying that you can go.The 1 thing i cant understand why couldnt motd of edited that bit out because it wasnt live ,i expect all the papers will be about his swearing more than the brilliant comeback that happened .Ryan Giggs is a true professional hes not in the papers every 5mins like some players.I think rooney should be sold theres a ready made replacement in hernandez who is a real gem.

I see that Rooney is "sorry". Brooking is saying "It is something we will have to have a look at". Ferdinand is twittering "he know's it was wrong but give him a break".

He swore at the camera, and we are waiting to hear if he will be punished.

What about the elbow against Stoke?

What is our game coming to. Common sense has gone.

This guy has got issues.

I think the elbow was aginst wigan! im also a united fan and totally agree rooney should be punished his antics are bad examples to the thousands of kids who worship and adore him. agree as well MOTD are very quick to edit and cut horrific injuries and dont repeat them why is it ok to repeat something which is guna place stronger emphasis on the event and get a huge wooden spoon out and stir it up. spose some would argue greats like linekar, hanson and shearer have the right to higlight and frown upon this unprofessional behaviour??

The 1 thing i cant understand why couldnt motd of edited that bit out because it wasnt live ,i expect all the papers will be about his swearing more than the brilliant comeback that happened.

Stated in the papers that the reason it was in there was that its one of the main incidents of the match and it needed airing to show how stupid he is. Needs to start acting like a professional and grow up, saying sorry after the event is to late, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Be interesting if he does get away with it and gets a warning.

what happens if in a match at the level that you're playing, you get sent off for swearing, ban comes through of 35 days and £50 fine! I know what I'd do, and that would be to appeal it straight away and get the fine recinded, because Rooney didn't get fined! See where the FA should then.

Personally, a fine would make absolute no difference to him whatsoever, should be a match ban!

bit like the Touchline ban that managers get, what on earth difference does that make? they get a better view from higher up, they're in contact with the bench and they go in the changing room at half time!!

Guest man city fan

Be interesting if he does get away with it and gets a warning.

what happens if in a match at the level that you're playing, you get sent off for swearing, ban comes through of 35 days and £50 fine! I know what I'd do, and that would be to appeal it straight away and get the fine recinded, because Rooney didn't get fined! See where the FA should then.

Personally, a fine would make absolute no difference to him whatsoever, should be a match ban!

bit like the Touchline ban that managers get, what on earth difference does that make? they get a better view from higher up, they're in contact with the bench and they go in the changing room at half time!!

is it 50pounds for a sending off now???

A great article by Simon Burton of the guardian online which I totally agree with:-

My link

If Fabregas, Gerrard, or Lampard for example would have done this, nobody would have made an issue out of it.

Because it is Rooney, and probably more so because it involves Man United, suddenly swearing is deemed a crime punishable only by certain death.

The FA are an organisation ran by circus clowns and this whole episode does nothing to improve that image.

A great article by Simon Burton of the guardian online which I totally agree with:-

My link

If Fabregas, Gerrard, or Lampard for example would have done this, nobody would have made an issue out of it.

Because it is Rooney, and probably more so because it involves Man United, suddenly swearing is deemed a crime punishable only by certain death.

The FA are an organisation ran by circus clowns and this whole episode does nothing to improve that image.

Cant remember them swearing on camera!!

Wayne Rooney’s outburst at Upton Park, was the latest outburst from a piece of dirty scum that is ruining the game of football. This boy continues to think he is more important than those that pay his wages, those that believed in him and all those children who look up to him. This is the sole reason that shows that he actually thinks he can do and say what he wants in front of the entire world. He is yet another example of how Manchester United are responsible for the ills of the world and are slowly but surely destroying not just football but the entire fabric of our society.

If this country wasn't led by lazy journalism, then the wicked, malicious, loathsome actions that this club continue to inflict on the world would have ceased by now.

If these actions were highlighted and condemned by the press, then these attention seeking moments would become a thing of the past. Instead our media praise the actions of a club that is rotten to it's core. Think Eric Cantona, a man that was made out to be a hero when the fact is he jumped feet first into a football supporter who disagreed with this bully boys antics. Was this thug treated like a common football hooligan? Was he sacked by his employer for sullying this so called brand leaders name? Did the press lead a revolt against this criminal, a criminal that is no better than the ASBO generation that haunt our towns and cities? No he was lauded as an hero! His poor hard working victim, a man who had spent his hard earned money to follow his beloved team was made out to be the perpetrator in this cowardly crime.

The club is littered with this kind of degenerate behaviour. George Best, a footballing genius or another poor role model who had no respect for women and was nothing but a fall down drunk. Present this behaviour in one of Britain's estates and that whole neighbourhood would be written off as an hovel full of binge drinking wife beaters, not though if you play for the team from Trafford.

David Beckham, thought he was big enough to kick out at one of the best natural footballers in the world, just because he was being given a footballing lesson. Beckham however did redeem himself by standing up to the 'arrogant' United manager. Beckham's attitude completely changed after he left the club and he became an ambassador for the sport.

Ronaldo, thought he could cheat his way through his United career and inevitably got away with it because of the hysteria created by Manchester United and the British press. Of course when somebody does stand up too the club like the BBC's Match Of The Day programme, they are pathetic enough to refuse to speak to them.

I am no expert, but surely Manchester United need the press far more than the press need them? A complete Manchester United black out in the press would soon have them changing their bullying and intimidatory tactics. It would also cut down on the number of poor saps with limited intelligence who are drawn into the press conspiracy, and blindly follow whatever the press saturate the market with. Clubs in areas that suffer from a mass exodus of morons who jump on the Trafford clubs bandwagon would thrive if this drain on society were forced down and the spotlight taken away from them?

Other examples of this clubs shameful arrogance are their claim to be the Red Devils. This moniker was stolen from another long standing sporting club just a few short miles from their Trafford base.

The nerve to call themselves Manchester United when they are from Old Trafford, which is part of the Trafford Metropolitan Borough. The club may claim to be from Manchester but the facts are there for all to see.

It could also be said that since 1993, when United built a successful team with young players stolen from rival clubs. Players such as Ryan Giggs taken from Manchester City. United don't want you to know that they bought that success, and they tell you they built it out of youth. They did, just youth that their big money fetched in.

The common theory that teenage pregnancies, poverty, and crime have all increased since Man Utd started their run of success is based on the principal that before 1993 people used to venture out and watch their local clubs. The youngsters of the time used to go outside and play games such has football and didn't spend all day in front of the television waiting for snippets of United news. This is also put down as the reason for poverty. Grown men in replica Trafford kits sat in front of the television getting to fat and lazy to actually go out to work. That in turn leads to poor health due to a lack of exercise. All of which leads to a global economic downturn. Young girls buy into the Manchester United ethos force fed them by the media. They meet young teenage boys who understand very little apart from United and to try and get their attention, they feel they have to have sexual relations. This of course is nonsense, but it is too late once they are pregnant. If only the press told everybody that Manchester United fans can't see past 'The Theatre of Wet Dreams'.

Will the press become wise to this evil?

Who knows?

One thing is for sure people with intelligence who are capable of making decisions for themselves need to keep exposing this horrible club for what they are.

Soccer Club United of Manchester

In my honest opinion this is a massive mountain from a molehill. Yes Im a United fan but I like to think Im a non-blinkered United fan.

We all know Rooney, and 99.9% of all footballers at every level, swear on a regular basis. Some more often than others, some more agrresively than others. Ask yourselves, if you had been given absolute dogs abuse for 2hrs of your life by 30thousand people would you not give a bit back if the opportunity arose? I know would. And I expect that Terry has, Lampard, Gerrard, Drogba etc all have given a mouth full back to opposing fans.

I have read and heard a lot of prescious thoughts the last few days about what a "role model" he is and what a bad influence he has been to kids everywhere. If thats the case I suggest they are the problem, not some rough scally who sleeps around behind the back of his pregnant wife and is clearly full of anger issues. I know I wont let him be a role model to any of mine and if you cant then tell your kids right from wrong upon hearing rude words maybe you shouldnt have had those kids. These are probably the same people who take their kids to a game, shout swear and use several hand gestures for 90 mins and thats fine but as soon as a footballer does it its the end of the world.

How many times over every weekend do we see players shout and swear at the ref, fans and opponents yet nothing is EVER done about it? Im in no way an expert lip reader but I see many examples every week. Anyone see Murphy for Fulham on Sunday, threw an absolute volley of abuse, used several swear words several times yet got absolutely nothing. Is there not a law stating that using foul language towards an official is straight red card offence? I personally feel its about time refs stood up for themselves, if they actually started to punish the potty mouths it would soon stop and this would filter down to every level of football. Do refs not get a telling off for not sticking to the LOAF to the letter? Obviously not in this case week in week out. Yet I saw a Hearts players booked on Sunday by the ref for celebrating with his own fans for equalising in the last five mins of the local derby, if the ref had not booked him he would have been reprimanded by his bosses. Where is the logic with authorities, and players?

I find it absurd that this can be punished with a two game ban yet his elbow last month was a yellow, Carraghers tackle on Nani, a yellow and countless other dangerous tackles and regular abuse of officials seems to be tolerated

For me, I would like to see Rooney dragged in front of the cameras today and made to apologise using his own words, no pre written statement, no script, no blocking of certain questions and not the very obvious words of the secretary of Man United used on Saturday, and make a large donation to charity.

Kowalski you also forgot to mention that Fergie was the real mastermind behind 9/11, Beckham used to have a direct debit of monthly payments to Robert Mugabe, Rooney is in fact an undercover Taliban agent, Rio Ferdinad is a massive supporter of the Gaddafi regime, Park is actually North Korean and the son of Kim Jong-Il, Vidic is in fact the love child of Slobodan Milosevic!

You have literally just blamed the whole worlds issues at the front door of Manchester United. Interesting that you say the club is "littered" with "degenerative behaviour" and managed to single out just 4 players spread out from the 60's to present day, Id say thats not too bad really.

United did get Giggs from City, at a very young age and no fees were exchanged. United became the richest club in the world based on the fact that they were lucky enough to find a group of brilliant youngsters who all came throught the ranks together under a brilliant manager. This and great global marketing made United as massive as they bacame which allowed Fergie to spend sometimes wisely and sometimes big to maintain that success.

Wow, and they say United fans are blinkered!! Just out of interest who do you support, or are you just a typical ABU?

green eyed son......

I made a concious decision to not support the Trafford club even though I lived within fifteen miles of them, and several other clubs growing up.

I had more claim to support them than anybody from outside the Greater Manchester area.....

Green eyed......nope

Didn't hate Liverpool when they were the top team in England!

Then again they won it with style.

Kowalski you also forgot to mention that Fergie was the real mastermind behind 9/11, Beckham used to have a direct debit of monthly payments to Robert Mugabe, Rooney is in fact an undercover Taliban agent, Rio Ferdinad is a massive supporter of the Gaddafi regime, Park is actually North Korean and the son of Kim Jong-Il, Vidic is in fact the love child of Slobodan Milosevic!

You have literally just blamed the whole worlds issues at the front door of Manchester United.

No I didn't....

Interesting that you say the club is "littered" with "degenerative behaviour" and managed to single out just 4 players spread out from the 60's to present day, Id say thats not too bad really.

There are many, but these are the ones that are media darlings. Most glory hunters won't know anybody else pre 1993....

United did get Giggs from City, at a very young age and no fees were exchanged. United became the richest club in the world based on the fact that they were lucky enough to find a group of brilliant youngsters who all came throught the ranks together under a brilliant manager. This and great global marketing made United as massive as they bacame which allowed Fergie to spend sometimes wisely and sometimes big to maintain that success.

I won't go into the event that made United a global brand. The truth hurts!

Wow, and they say United fans are blinkered!! Just out of interest who do you support, or are you just a typical ABU?

I am from Salford and was surrounded by any number of clubs within a similar distance. I chose not to support the club from Trafford.

Have you ever wondered why Man Utd are hated so much? It's not jealousy as they like to claim.

Kowalski u have serious issues I can think of loads of players doing worse things! Robbie fowlers snorting goal celebration mocking fellow professionals. John Terry sleeping with Wayne bridges wife. Stan colleymore abusing his wife! Maradonna one of the greatest of all time tarnished his name by drugs during his goal celebration u could practically see the cocaine seeping from his eyes! Bruce grobbelar done for match fixing! There just a few to mention! So before u consider coming on here slating united without saying who u support. Consider that there are 80 teams in the football league and premiership and a lot more teams world wide!! U may as well support united by the amount u favour them! United are the most loved team in the world u either love them or love to hate them fact!

Kowalski u have serious issues I can think of loads of players doing worse things! Robbie fowlers snorting goal celebration mocking fellow professionals. John Terry sleeping with Wayne bridges wife. Stan colleymore abusing his wife! Maradonna one of the greatest of all time tarnished his name by drugs during his goal celebration u could practically see the cocaine seeping from his eyes! Bruce grobbelar done for match fixing! There just a few to mention! So before u consider coming on here slating united without saying who u support. Consider that there are 80 teams in the football league and premiership and a lot more teams world wide!! U may as well support united by the amount u favour them! United are the most loved team in the world u either love them or love to hate them fact!

92 clubs in the football league and premier league!

Robbie Fowler never mocked fellow professionals with his line sniffing, he was merely immitating Rigobert Song eating grass!!! or as those in the know wish to call it, 'having a go at the Evertonians who constantly accused him of being a cocaine user'

What does that have to do with anything? Are only those that have lived in the Greater Manchester area allowed to comment on MANCHESTER United issues now?

Nope, but it is usually glory hunters that get most upset about posts that are obviously put there to wind them up.

Manchester United striker Enoch 'Knocker' West served the longest ever British suspension from the game - 30 years - after being found to be the ring leader of eight players who fixed the outcome of United v Liverpool game in a First Division (that's what the Premier League used to be called for those that think football started in 1993) game in 1915, which relegation threatened United were allowed to win 2-0.

Rumour has it that Bryan Robson, Norman Whiteside & Paul McGrath drank a wee bit too much 3 weeks before the 85 FA Cup final. I feel this brings into disrepute the history and reputation of Manchester United and will immediately start a petition to have all results thereafter erased from the history books and have those players sent to the Tower of London and placed in stocks. That was when this country started going down hill, broken Britain...its all their bloody fault

Also heard that Ryan Giggs is in fact the great great great great great great great grandson of Thomas Farriner,the baker at fault for the Fire of London.....HANG HIM!!

Rumour has it that Bryan Robson, Norman Whiteside & Paul McGrath drank a wee bit too much 3 weeks before the 85 FA Cup final. I feel this brings into disrepute the history and reputation of Manchester United and will immediately start a petition to have all results thereafter erased from the history books and have those players sent to the Tower of London and placed in stocks. That was when this country started going down hill, broken Britain...its all their bloody fault

Also heard that Ryan Giggs is in fact the great great great great great great great grandson of Thomas Farriner,the baker at fault for the Fire of London.....HANG HIM!!

Word bruvva......WORD!

From the Daily Mirror:

Wayne Rooney’s swearing ban has sparked a revolt among Premier League referees. In a bizarre new twist, they claim match official Lee Mason was put under pressure to write a report that would enable the FA to charge the Manchester United striker.

Perhaps the FA should be charging themselves for bringing the game into disrepute! :SM_carton:

I don't understand why you keep referring to Manchester United as Trafford. Yes it's in Trafford but here are other examples.

Tottenham Hotspur - Edmonton

(Woolwich) Arsenal - Highbury

West Ham - East Ham

Liverpool - Anfield

I think there's a trend with a few Manchester United's stadium being called Old TRAFFORD

Liverpool's ground is called ANFIELD

Arsenal's former ground was called HIGHBURY.

You clearly have a problem with United and if I'm honest I hate the glory supporters who have never even seen a game but you just don't have an argument.

Joey Barton get's away with swearing at a ref on camera against Villa with no FA charging but Rooney gets a 2 match ban? FA need to sort themselves out if u ask me.

The difference was that Rooney was face on to the camera and he knew that.

Until referees start booking players for swearing at them NOTHING will change. It may mean teams playing with 10 men BUT they will learn.........

United couldnt be gracious in defeat in the FA cup semi against City,they were often outplayed and were beaten fair and square yet all the overated Ferdinand could do was throw his toys out of his pram for no paticular reason. Rumour has it that the hole in the changing room wall appeared when Rio went to kick himself but missed and kicked the wall, as reported no other united player or official was involed.

Alex Ferguson must take most of the blame for the disgusting way that his team conduct thereself when they lose,he is a thug from Glasgow who bullies his way to success.I wonder if he would be such a wonderful manager, [that is according to united fans] if he had managed Crewe for 300 years or however long he's been at Old Trafford, I doubt it.

• 3 weeks later...

A big deal was made out of this ordeal. They wanted to make an example out of someone so why not do it to the biggest name in English football. If it was from a blackpool player nothing would of been done about it. At the end of the day there is no harm in a player having passion and that is what i saw. There is not one player in the premiership down to the local teams who has not sworn in a match. If you say you ain't your f**&ing bullsh***ing.

A big deal was made out of this ordeal. They wanted to make an example out of someone so why not do it to the biggest name in English football. If it was from a blackpool player nothing would of been done about it. At the end of the day there is no harm in a player having passion and that is what i saw. There is not one player in the premiership down to the local teams who has not sworn in a match. If you say you ain't your f**&ing bullsh***ing.

Im a man utd fan and rooney is a brilliant player but he has a awful attitude ,all the fans forgave him when he held the club to ransom with his wage demands ,and saying the club wasnt signing quality players bet hes eaten his words now with the hernandez signing .I thought ferguson would of got rid of him like he has to various players in the past fergie must be getting soft in his old age .So all these spoilt players can spend there summers in there carribbean homes ,then they go on some luxury far east tour for mountains of money .Then the season starts and the managers complain they are tired what a bloody joke

• 2 weeks later...