Cornwall Football Forum

Well done to the rovers, very good game to watch and know doubt play in.Pendeen created by far the most chances and could of and should of won by a bigger margin. :clapper::thumbsup::smiley20::yahoo: can not wait for the final should be a cracker. All the best boys i know there will be a lot of people behind you in the final. :thumbsup:

Well done to the rovers, very good game to watch and know doubt play in.Pendeen created by far the most chances and could of and should of won by a bigger margin. :clapper::thumbsup::smiley20::yahoo: can not wait for the final should be a cracker. All the best boys i know there will be a lot of people behind you in the final. :thumbsup:

could.nt agree more Pitty m8t, just like to add that all the lads played there hearts out never give up and belived in themselfs with pride and passion , well done to the whole Team , and big hug to "DRE" by far the best manager in the league and just because i am his bother does make me buyest

oh and finaly a message to helston (the pitch today was quality???) in the final , job done , happydays,

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE COMBINATION LEAGUE CUP FINAL BETWEEN PENDEEN & PERRANWELL WILL BE PLAYED AT PORTHLEVEN AFC. :clapper:

Well how don't that surprise anyone,sand,ostrich springs to mind.How does anybody get onto the Combo committee,time for some new blood me thinks. :ninja:

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE COMBINATION LEAGUE CUP FINAL BETWEEN PENDEEN & PERRANWELL WILL BE PLAYED AT PORTHLEVEN AFC. :clapper:

Well how don't that surprise anyone,sand,ostrich springs to mind.How does anybody get onto the Combo committee,time for some new blood me thinks. :ninja:

Where do you suggest they hold it then if not inbetween the 2 clubs.

Can't see what your problem is with port.

No probs with Port,it's just Mr.Roberts favoured venue apart from Helston,why not Falmouth,Penryn or Wendron. :angry:

No probs with Port,it's just Mr.Roberts favoured venue apart from Helston,why not Falmouth,Penryn or Wendron. :angry:

Not that central for both teams though.

Helston:

Martyn Webster: Terry Rowe (Phil Black), Frazer Cumming, Fred Conway: Mikey Davies, Nigel Thwaites©, Aaron Collick (Dan Jenkin), Dan Stidwell, Joe Perrin (Mike Hallibone): Liam Eddy, Mark Goldsworthy: Subs Unused: Sid Taylor, Charlie Conway

Helston GoalScorer: Mark Goldsworthy

Helston:

Martyn Webster: Terry Rowe (Phil Black), Frazer Cumming, Fred Conway: Mikey Davies, Nigel Thwaites©, Aaron Collick (Dan Jenkin), Dan Stidwell, Joe Perrin (Mike Hallibone): Liam Eddy, Mark Goldsworthy: Subs Unused: Sid Taylor, Charlie Conway

Decent lineup with a wealth of swpl experience, was it a case of pendeen playing really well or helston playing bad? With names like thwaites, eddy and Davies I would imagine helston fancied their chances against the league newcomers !

Helston:

Decent lineup with a wealth of swpl experience, was it a case of pendeen playing really well or helston playing bad? With names like thwaites, eddy and Davies I would imagine helston fancied their chances against the league newcomers !

Just had a phone call from Ludgvan asking when Helston are going to turn up for the semi final!!! Got to say pendeen played as if they were in the final and Helston could not handle it. I am sure Sid will agree that only one team turned up. good luck to Both sides in the final. Got to say that the Ludgvan surface was excellent altho Helston obviously did not think so because they would have pu the old Wimbledon to shame with their aerial bombardment. MOM was the blonde lad in midfield for Pendeen - should be playing a higher standard.

Helston:

Just had a phone call from Ludgvan asking when Helston are going to turn up for the semi final!!! Got to say pendeen played as if they were in the final and Helston could not handle it. I am sure Sid will agree that only one team turned up. good luck to Both sides in the final. Got to say that the Ludgvan surface was excellent altho Helston obviously did not think so because they would have pu the old Wimbledon to shame with their aerial bombardment. MOM was the blonde lad in midfield for Pendeen - should be playing a higher standard.

Agree with you there Bash! Apart from a spell we had just before half-time when we finally got the ball down and started to play, I had a sore neck from watching the ball in the clouds. If we had kept the ball down on the floor we would of given a much better account of ourselves. It was dead frustrating in the middle without getting the ball when we have played so well with the ball on the deck!

No disprect to Pendeen and the Combo league cup, however let's not forget Helston have applied for promotion to the SWP and need to finish in the top 2. Yes its April and they yes they have 13 league fixtures remaining!

No disprect to Pendeen and the Combo league cup, however let's not forget Helston have applied for promotion to the SWP and need to finish in the top 2. Yes its April and they yes they have 13 league fixtures remaining!

I giess you are implying that they have bigger fish to fry but that really takes it away from Pendeen's performance and the poor performance by Helston. That really is/was the bottom line!

Ha ha that's got to be the worst attempt at covering up a bad performance. if it was like "le boss" describes surely the half time talk would have been something like "get the ball on the deck and start knocking it about, bring Davies & eddy in to the game more" ?? players like mike davies and Liam eddy need the ball on the deck! Put it in the air and they are ineffective. Sounds like a bad day at the office for helston, shame cos it would be nice to have seen them do the double!!

I giess you are implying that they have bigger fish to fry but that really takes it away from Pendeen's performance and the poor performance by Helston. That really is/was the bottom line!

you took the words straight out of my mouth, how much do you have to achieve as a club to get some recognition?

you took the words straight out of my mouth, how much do you have to achieve as a club to get some recognition?

I quess helston were thinking this will be an easy game,but were out played in every department,just goes to show that money cant buy you everything!

Well done to Andre,Colin and everyone connected with the club. This is a massive achivement,with this being your 1st year back in senior football. I unfortunately couldnt make the game ,but i hope to make the final wherever it is.I agree with one of the previous posts,getting there is fantastic ,just go and enjoy the final,if you win its a bonus.So good luck for the final and hopefully I can see you picking up the cup.Take care ,see you soon ,Richard Angwin

I quess helston were thinking this will be an easy game,but were out played in every department,just goes to show that money cant buy you everything!

Yeah your right, money can't buy you everything, Helston were on £100 per player plus £60 win bonus!!! Rumour has it, Sid Taylor was so disappointed with the game that Helston played, he only gave every player £50 and will not be at the game tomorrow night as he has booked a flight at lastminute.com to Spain.

And to make matters worse for the money grabbing players at Helston they are only getting £75 per player tomorrow night v Culdrose.

Yeah your right, money can't buy you everything, Helston were on £100 per player plus £60 win bonus!!! Rumour has it, Sid Taylor was so disappointed with the game that Helston played, he only gave every player £50 and will not be at the game tomorrow night as he has booked a flight at lastminute.com to Spain.

And to make matters worse for the money grabbing players at Helston they are only getting £75 per player tomorrow night v Culdrose.

I heard that Dan Stidwell is on 120 a game and Dan Jenkin cleans his boots for him! Ridiculous.

Not sure Crystal Hood what you are saying. I thought Pendeen have been applauded for their efforts all season AND for their semi-final performance. They really have done well.

Least of all a brain eh?

Would like to congratulate Pendeen,making it to the league cup final in their first season back in the combination is an awesome achievement.I only made the second half but what i saw was a Pendeen team who were well up for a game against probably the best footballing side in the league.Their work rate was excellent throughout the side,they challenged for every ball.Helston did mount a late comeback and for the last 10 minutes put Pendeen under a bit of pressure with the goalkeeper making a couple of very good saves.

Congratulations also to Sue and Chris at Ludgvan for taking on the semi final and making a great success of it,the pitch was absolutely spot on and the organisation for the game was fantastic.Well done to both of you and hopefully we'll get the nod for future semi finals and finals.

surprise surprise theres no comment from harry breasbats!!!??

Dont know if you have a TV in Illogan but things are a little bit busy here in the Middle east at the moment so dont have much time to sit down a surf the Internet.

You are a 1st class James Blunt pal.

Well done Pendeen and best of luck in the Final

What difference does it make where you are in the world or what you are doing? It was clearly a bit of banter.... And, really, any need to get so personal by calling him a James Blunt pal ?

surprise surprise theres no comment from harry breasbats!!!??

Dont know if you have a TV in Illogan but things are a little bit busy here in the Middle east at the moment so dont have much time to sit down a surf the Internet.

You are a 1st class James Blunt pal.

Well done Pendeen and best of luck in the Final

Busy in the safari bar is it???? Lol