Cornwall Football Forum

Junior cup semi final at Newquay

Bazzer

The car park at Mt Wise football ground will again be for players and officials of St Agnes & Illogan

+county / Newquay officials /Disabled persons.

Please park at Mt Wise car park or Tregunnel Hill car park.

DO NOT PARK IN REEDS WAY ESTATE AS CLAMPERS OPERATE THERE EVEN AT NIGHT.

The car park at Mt Wise football ground will again be for players and officials of St Agnes & Illogan

+county / Newquay officials /Disabled persons.

Please park at Mt Wise car park or Tregunnel Hill car park.

DO NOT PARK IN REEDS WAY ESTATE AS CLAMPERS OPERATE THERE EVEN AT NIGHT.

It does beg the question, why,if there is such limited parking, is Newquay chosen as a venue? And if both teams are relative neighbours, why the venue chosen was not a closer one. I went to see the senior cup semi-final between Bodmin and Penzance and could not believe there was such a small crowd, yes i know Barcelona was playing Arsenal, surely the CCFA have got to start being creative - perhaps have both semi finals on one day at the same ground? And again parking was a problem.

Could it be just the lack of interest in the Junior and Senior cups all round?

There is plenty of parking within a 2 minute walk of the ground, why are you moaning ?

The ground is plenty big enough, well organised by the Newquay volunteers, good facilities for players and spectators and it is fairly local to both St Agnes and Illogan. The only other grounds local enough, would have been Truro, but the pitch is just awful and Hayle but they don't have floodlights.

Enjoy the match.

There is plenty of parking within a 2 minute walk of the ground, why are you moaning ?

The ground is plenty big enough, well organised by the Newquay volunteers, good facilities for players and spectators and it is fairly local to both St Agnes and Illogan. The only other grounds local enough, would have been Truro, but the pitch is just awful and Hayle but they don't have floodlights.

Enjoy the match.

You must have mis-read what i wrote. I was not criticising anything to do with the Newquay organisation, and yes the surface is good etc but having seen the crowd for the senior cup semi i wonder if it should be an evening game. Combo semis are on sundays so why cant theese be on a sunday. For most of the players, it will be thier biggest occasion ever and it would be nice for them to play infront of a bigger crowd. Lets hope i am proved wrong.

Car park was £2.10 which is extortianate but was only £2 to get in to the ground which i thought was more than reasonable!!! Was expecting to pay more so all good there. Pitch looked good and all very well organised. Thankyou Newquay.

Only thing i would say is that for a west area final it is a bit out of the way. I suppose its not too bad from Illogan and St. Agnes so fair play but although there was a decent crowd i know for a fact it wouldve been much bigger had it have been more central.

All in all a good evening though apart from the cold wind!!