Cornwall Football Forum

Combo xI V Naval Air Command

i was just wondering if anyone can shed any light on who is in the Combo select squad for the up coming game V the Naval Air?

The game is being played down Porthleven on Thur 17th March, 1930 Ko, this game is always a cracking match and with the talent

the combo have this years game promises to be as good as ever!

has no one got a clue about the squad?! CTB? Neil Curnow ask your old man and whack it on here mate, i need to know for the programme thats all.........? :unsure:

Seems like another Combo league shambles,senior league,can't see how. :angry2:

ok....! a rough squad from steve curnow...spelling will be way off! soz! :wacko:

barrie wyatt

andrew curnow

jason roberts

graham blake

kirk davis

liam eddy

mark goldsworthy

jason robertson

dom pullen

kev lawrence

dan o'tool

adam palmer

simon ellis

ross duncan

ricky smith

ashley thomas

toby..? st agnes

andrew..? porthleven

i may have missed a couple off, but thats a bloody good squad...none from troon though....tut tut!! lol

have no idea why players from holmans and ludgvan have not been selected...oh yea they are proppin everyone up lol

i defo think it would have been a nice gesture to have selected maybe one player from each oth those two clubs

from holmans-my pick would have been ben gadsen but heard he has now joined bodmin 1sts, so id probably choose Jacob Kemp

have no idea why players from holmans and ludgvan have not been selected...oh yea they are proppin everyone up lol

i defo think it would have been a nice gesture to have selected maybe one player from each oth those two clubs

from holmans-my pick would have been ben gadsen but heard he has now joined bodmin 1sts, so id probably choose Jacob Kemp

yeah me and pitty said today about jacob, bens gone to bodmin....for real!?? 1st team!? from troon, maybe simon philp, or ashley smeeth...

yeah me and pitty said today about jacob, bens gone to bodmin....for real!?? 1st team!? from troon, maybe simon philp, or ashley smeeth...

apparently so jman, i wish him good luck, as i expect all the other boys at holmans do-big big loss for holmans-we now need someone to really step up to the plate and fill this gap left by gadsy-his energy, work rate, determination and vision was missed on saturday.

As for ash smeeth-good shout that-i was impressed with him when we played you not so long ago-good movement

Would it not have been wise to pick 1 or 2 players from each club? Cant help feeling that this fixture is ill-timed what with lots of clubs either fighting for the title or fighting for survival. Dont think any club would be too happy if their players got hurt in this game.

yeah 2 from each team would of been a shout.....with a squad of 40 for the combo..........???!! :wacko:

craig clinton and ashley smeeth from Troon....

There are a lot of players on there that we may feel shouldnt be on there and a lot of players that that arn't on there we feel should be. Thats the beauty of football opinions.

Ive played in this game numerous times for both sides and the worse thing about it is the lack of support at all the games. So y don't we all get down to Port on Thursday and support the fixture and those that are lucky enough to be selected..

thejman - it would be good for you to post the Air Command side on here to, so we can see the players that will be involved from local clubs!!

P.S. Every Thursday evening at Porthleven Football Club SupaSoccer hold coaching sessions for 7-11 year-olds from 5.30pm until 7, so please if you are driving take care around the club for any children, thanks in advance

there is a few "local" playing:-

Jamie Thirkle

Joe Perrin

Aaron Collick

Jamie Marles (dont get much more local than Troon...!)

Lee Gribble

Richie Ward

Bob Hoskins

possibly a few more local lads also playing due to players dropping out but i will update you all when i can, and yes Neil is suspended for the game.

Went to watch the game this evening and it was some what disappointing. Result was combo 3,navy 1. Goal scorers for combo were Dom pullen,mark goldsworthy and Liam eddy. Jamie thirkell scored consolation for the navy.

Few players that stood out for the combo side were,Jason Roberts in mid field,bossed the game and won nearly every challenge,kirk Davis was best player on the park for the first half,getting forward well with his pace and having 3 shots on goal,making the keeper work for all 3 shots,not bad seems he was playing right back.my opinion man of the match was kev Lawrence,used the ball well set up domo for his goal and he was on the move all night. Navy offered very little to be honest,trying to play through midfield but the combo side were just to strong on the night!!!