Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES 5thMarch

ECPL Fixtures

Premier Division

Morwenstow 1 Plymouth Parkway 3

Probus 2 Bude Town 1

St Dennis 2 Saltash United 0

Sticker 6 St Stephens Borough 1

Tavistock v Bodmin Town (Postponed Bodmin failed to turn up)

Division One

Camelford 0 Callington Town 0

Elburton Villa 1 Nanpean Rovers 2

Holsworthy 1 Plymstock United 5

Liskeard Athletic 1 Edgcumbe 1

Millbrook 2 St Teath 2

Roche 0 St Dominick 1

St Stephen 5 Kilkhampton 0

Rowett Insurance Supplementary Cup Quarter Final

Lanreath 0 Polperro 6

Well done Nanpean, defended well for the last 20 mins, not pretty football, but you put chances away to win games. Just a shame the Nanpean players did not stay for a drink/food in the Clubhouse.

Otherwise well done to them

Elburton play Roche week, big game for them

morwenstow 1 parkway 3, good performance from moostow could how been 2/3 up at half time but didnt take the chances, deserved a point at least, well done parkway tho, guess when you near the bottom nothing goes your way :( maybe next week

Liskeard 1 Edgcumbe 1

Dont really use the forum anymore as i think its gone downhill a little bit due to a few posters, but had to voice my opinion today. Good game, unfortunately marred by Graham O Niell broken leg after 5 mins which was an absolute disgrace. Poor tackle, late, 2 footed, off the ground, no control of himself, free kick given but no card whatsoever. Not saying the lad went to break Grahams leg, Gray over ran the ball, toe ended it away and then got smashed by the Liskeard player, but he should have walked no doubt. Referee bottled it completely. We end up losing one of our top players for the best part of a year, and the lad who did the damage will be back playing again next saturday.Complete joke. May have made no difference to the outcome of the game, but you expect the offical to get the big decisions right, especially when its that obvious. The ref even said he didnt win the ball, hence the free kick. Maybe if it happened after an hour it would have been different. Also, ironic that the injury occured at 2.55pm, when k/o wasnt supposed to be until 3pm. Referee insisted it was to k/o at 2.30pm for some reason and in the end after debate from us pushed it back to 2.45pm (we didnt arrive till just after 2pm as we were preparing for a 3pm start). Maybe he had somewhere important to be tonight...

Apart from that one shocking decision the Ref actually did well, so im not your usual forum ref basher. He just got the big one wrong. Sent of 2 Liskeard players late in the game, both for 2 yellows, probably a bit of a token gesture more than anything else.

Was a good game after that, not many chances at all from either side but a good battle. Liskeard taking the lead mid way through the first half with Edgcumbe equalising in the last 10 mins. A fair result.

ECPL Fixtures

Premier Division

Probus 2 Bude Town 1

Division One

Millbrook 2 St Teath 2

Roche 0 St Dominick 1

Lanreath 0 Polperro 6

Why didn't Bodmin turn up at Tavistock?

I was right next to the tackle and it was nothing like that, he won the ball. It was not a nice outcome to the tackle and wish him a quick and full recovery but I feel I have to say it was a strong tackle and not a dirty one.

Sorry Razor I did know you were from Sticker, just having a blonde moment. Good result for you boys against St Stephens Borough. Who got your goals today?

Chris Kitson (4) Andrew Butler(1) Dan Meens (1) Believe it or not Chris didn't have a particularly good game but I dont care when he scores 4! His total so far is now 33.He is such an instinctive goalscorer. Dan Meens was his first senior goal in I dont know how many years. You can imagine his celebrations!!

Who got your goals?

ECPL Fixtures

Premier Division

Probus 2 Bude Town 1

Division One

Millbrook 2 St Teath 2

Roche 0 St Dominick 1

Lanreath 0 Polperro 6

bodmin rang us at 155 to say 4 of there players had not shown up and they only had 7 players so were not coming . the ref had turned up we were warming up when they phoned .

ECPL Fixtures

Premier Division

Probus 2 Bude Town 1

Division One

Millbrook 2 St Teath 2

Roche 0 St Dominick 1

Lanreath 0 Polperro 6

bodmin rang us at 155 to say 4 of there players had not shown up and they only had 7 players so were not coming . the ref had turned up we were warming up when they phoned .

So do they get fined and lose three points and Tavi get awarded three points?

ECPL Fixtures

Premier Division

Probus 2 Bude Town 1

Division One

Millbrook 2 St Teath 2

Roche 0 St Dominick 1

Lanreath 0 Polperro 6

we get the 3 points not sure if they they get fined though . think they got some problems at bodmin and this could turn into a weekly thing which is a shame as no one wants to see this happen to a club . lets hope they get things sorted

ECPL Fixtures

Premier Division

Probus 2 Bude Town 1

Division One

Millbrook 2 St Teath 2

Roche 0 St Dominick 1

Lanreath 0 Polperro 6

we get the 3 points not sure if they they get fined though . think they got some problems at bodmin and this could turn into a weekly thing which is a shame as no one wants to see this happen to a club . lets hope they get things sorted

I agree we dont want a potentially top team dropping out!

Surely its an end to Budes title challenge now! 3 horse race? I fancy St Dennis

Fantastic result pete! U and Chris have certainly turned ur season around! The way probus are carrying on, it wouldnt surprise me if u finished in the top 5 this season. Uve definately done us ( St Dennis ) a massive favour in the last few weeks. Just dont play so good when u play us lol!!! Well done again boys! Why do you fancy St Dennis now 'mint'???

It was a poor tackle, Graham over ran the ball and toe ended it away. Blue obviously didn't mean to hurt him that bad, and he may have gone for the ball, but the tackle was reckless and irresponsible and he 100% didn't get ball. Surprised there are 2 versions, as we were walking off at half time an older man stood behind the goal said the tackle looked 'horrendous', and as far as I'm aware he was there supporting Liskeard. I didn't think it looked 'horrendous', but it was bad and he should have gone. Not gonna bicker with people on here bout it, just gutted for Graham and disappointed the ref wasn't strong enough to make the right decision.

from what i heard they had 11 players first thing this morning and were ready and willing to play. we turned up normal time to get warmed up and that, at 1:55 we got a call saying that bodmin would not be forefilling the fixtur edue to only having 7 players.

2 bodmin players even turned up at the ground and were waiting for the rest of the team at round 1:45, and that in itslef shows how late they had decided not to play.

get the points is not always the best option as goal differnce could come into account at the end of the season.

It was a poor tackle, Graham over ran the ball and toe ended it away. Blue obviously didn't mean to hurt him that bad, and he may have gone for the ball, but the tackle was reckless and irresponsible and he 100% didn't get ball. Surprised there are 2 versions, as we were walking off at half time an older man stood behind the goal said the tackle looked 'horrendous', and as far as I'm aware he was there supporting Liskeard. I didn't think it looked 'horrendous', but it was bad and he should have gone. Not gonna bicker with people on here bout it, just gutted for Graham and disappointed the ref wasn't strong enough to make the right decision.

All the best in your recovery Graham, from everyone at St Dennis football club.

ECPL Fixtures

Premier Division

Probus 2 Bude Town 1

Division One

Millbrook 2 St Teath 2

Roche 0 St Dominick 1

Lanreath 0 Polperro 6

I agree we dont want a potentially top team dropping out!

Sorry guys with the best will in the world if your good enough to be/stay in the league so be it! short memories amongst some of you, did they qualify 1 to be in the East Cornwall league or 2 was it because of facilities available at the time? please discuss (again). amazing that 1st team management knew the game wouldnt be played fri evening as there wasnt enough players. Tavy had an earlier call about 1ish asking if tavy could supply a lino for Bodmin!

dont want to put the boot into a club that maybe having a problem as most clubs can find themselves in the same position as Bodmin but Jesus when is ECPL gona start putting teams in that have earned the right!

In short if ur good enough and you qualify then ur in. Clubs try hard to get in. As far as potentially top team dropping out all the clubs in the league are potentially top teams, maybe Bodmin as a club should get behind THEIR 2nd team

we were called about providing a linesman which we had agreed, but at that point we were not warned that a team may not be raised by bodmin.

i hate to see any team dropping out in any league, and wish all the luck for bodmin to get a team and get through the fixture and take a leaf from biscovey book as they are getting better and better with any game.

Santini,

things have certainly improved for us since the start of the new year, no magic formula to be fair, just lots of hard work from the lads game after game. Great to see you boys doing well and i would like nothing more than to see you or Sticker win it this season. Not taking anything away from Torpoint who are still a very very good team, but as they can't go up, i certainly think both St Dennis and Sticker could compete with the better sides in the Peninsular West league.

Best wishes for rest of the season mate, and if i do manage to convince Chris to give me a rare start against you boys, go easy on me.

Pete

Santini,

things have certainly improved for us since the start of the new year, no magic formula to be fair, just lots of hard work from the lads game after game. Great to see you boys doing well and i would like nothing more than to see you or Sticker win it this season. Not taking anything away from Torpoint who are still a very very good team, but as they can't go up, i certainly think both St Dennis and Sticker could compete with the better sides in the Peninsular West league.

Best wishes for rest of the season mate, and if i do manage to convince Chris to give me a rare start against you boys, go easy on me.

Pete

Cheers buddy, same goes for you. Hahaha, we cant go easy on you, u will end hammering us if we do, lol! All the best mate

Santini,

Pete

I doubt you will get a start at St. Dennis, as you went up for a corner last week at Sticker and only arrived back at half-time in the Bude match yesterday! It might be fun for everyone watching you 'chase' Lee and Carl for 90 minutes, but not for the opposition manager. When I watch you play, I feel as though I should come out of retirement!!

Probus goal scorers yesterday against Bude were Dan Vincent and Steve Way.

Santini,

Pete

I doubt you will get a start at St. Dennis, as you went up for a corner last week at Sticker and only arrived back at half-time in the Bude match yesterday! It might be fun for everyone watching you 'chase' Lee and Carl for 90 minutes, but not for the opposition manager. When I watch you play, I feel as though I should come out of retirement!!

Probus goal scorers yesterday againgst Bude were Dan Vincent and Steve Way.

Pete can't be that old as I only turn 30 this year

And wasn't that long ago when we all turned out at probus ( or was it)

Didn't realise u had retired chris, u can't be that old pal

Santini,

Pete

Probus goal scorers yesterday againgst Bude were Dan Vincent and Steve Way.

Pete can't be that old as I only turn 30 this year

And wasn't that long ago when we all turned out at probus ( or was it)

Didn't realise u had retired chris, u can't be that old pal

Hi Cat,

Pete is 32 and I didn't say he was old, just slow!

I haven't really retired, but I just don't pick myself very often unless we are desperately short nowadays! I can't run around like I could and the youngsters we have all been doing well recently. It is really enjoyable watching the young lads learning and growing together, so I don't feel the need to increase the average age by picking myself very often. I am currently in contract negotiations with St. Dennis Vets!

Pete has also been on the bench recently, as well as Jason Bullen and I - well over 100 years experience on the bench if we are needed! Good job the average age without us is 23, which includes 4 teenagers.

Good luck at St. Day for the rest of the season.

Predictable weekend, good score line for Sticker; those extra goals may come in handy if the title is this close at the end. Well done!

Probus had a great win, St Dennis, Sticker and Torpoint will be thanking Probus at the end of the season as they have had some great results recently helping to keep the top three a little out of reach.

St Dennis did their usual, good win on the day with both sides battling well.

Should be 3 points for the top 6 this Saturday. Sticker vs. Parkway will be the game to watch along with Launceston and Probus - Launceston have had some good results at home.

Predictable weekend, good score line for Sticker; those extra goals may come in handy if the title is this close at the end. Well done!

Probus had a great win, St Dennis, Sticker and Torpoint will be thanking Probus at the end of the season as they have had some great results recently helping to keep the top three a little out of reach.

Should be 3 points for the top 6 this Saturday. Sticker vs. Parkway will be the game to watch along with Launceston and Probus - Launceston have had some good results at home.

Predictable weekend??? You predicted St Dennis to lose to Saltash! What do you mean St Dennis did their usual?

Predictable weekend??? You predicted St Dennis to lose to Saltash! What do you mean St Dennis did their usual?

Well.... uh they won!!! Yea I know, I thought maybe Saltash would disrupt the winning streak. I think now they are one of the strongest sides in the league but just wasn’t their day. St Dennis had their day instead.

Are rumours of St Stephens Borough folding at the end of the season true? That would be such a shame but then only the committee to blame.

Well.... uh they won!!! Yea I know, I thought maybe Saltash would disrupt the winning streak. I think now they are one of the strongest sides in the league but just wasnt their day. St Dennis had their day instead.

Are rumours of St Stephens Borough folding at the end of the season true? That would be such a shame but then only the committee to blame.

Thats the first ive heard about Borough folding, i did see former Borough midfielder Max played against us on Saturday, Borough's better players leaving isnt a good sign! As for the game itself, i feel we (St Dennis) controlled the whole game in all fairness. Apart from a disallowed goal for offside, Saltash never really troubled us and our keeper had a quiet afternoon. I also dont understand why Saltash's manager decided to play Carl-Powell-Thomas (Saltash's best player) at centre half? I thought if he played in his usual posistion (centre midfeild) Saltash may of created alot more opportunities. But oh well never mind, we got the 3 points we deserved and we'll keep pushing on and hopefully win the title first time round :yahoo: Good luck to Saltash for the remainder of the season!

Well.... uh they won!!! Yea I know, I thought maybe Saltash would disrupt the winning streak. I think now they are one of the strongest sides in the league but just wasn’t their day. St Dennis had their day instead.

Thats the first ive heard about Borough folding, i did see former Borough midfielder Max played against us on Saturday, Borough's better players leaving isnt a good sign! As for the game itself, i feel we (St Dennis) controlled the whole game in all fairness. Apart from a disallowed goal for offside, Saltash never really troubled us and our keeper had a quiet afternoon. I also dont understand why Saltash's manager decided to play Carl-Powell-Thomas (Saltash's best player) at centre half? I thought if he played in his usual posistion (centre midfeild) Saltash may of created alot more opportunities. But oh well never mind, we got the 3 points we deserved and we'll keep pushing on and hopefully win the title first time round :yahoo: Good luck to Saltash for the remainder of the season!

Im sure Baz "Borough Massive" will confirm this allegation. I also believe that Borough have lost their star keeper who was one of very few asset's left to the team. Unsure of his new club but that will be a kick in the teeth!

Yes 3 points well deserved. Good luck with your remaining games. Torpoint have not played like they did at the beginning of the season or last year, Sticker have had a few down spells this year so I think you are in for a real shout.

Im sure Baz "Borough Massive" will confirm this allegation. I also believe that Borough have lost their star keeper who was one of very few asset's left to the team. Unsure of his new club but that will be a kick in the teeth!

Yes 3 points well deserved. Good luck with your remaining games. Torpoint have not played like they did at the beginning of the season or last year, Sticker have had a few down spells this year so I think you are in for a real shout.

I believe the former Borough keeper has gone to Liskeard 1st team? Thank you 'Cookie4' Yeh i think it may be our season but there is alot of games to go and and some good teams yet to play so we will jus have to wait and see come the end of the season. Good luck and all the best!

Not sure what pleasure or benefit people get out of starting unfounded rumours but I can assure you all that Borough have no intention of folding.

Julian Chenery - this is what a forum is for.... If a rumour is started, someone official like yourself can come on here and clear any uncertainty up. But thanks for your response, im sure every team is glad to here a team like St Stephens Borough who could of had lots of potential until the re-structure are not folding. :unsure: