Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Table

Can you paste your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

9th February 2011

League

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Wort) 1-3 St Ives Town (Martyn Harding, Chris Lock, Simon Carter)

Att - 45

Hayle Reserves 0-2 Mullion (Sean Haskell-Mills, Hayden Thomas-Fuller)

Att - 28

Helston Athletic (Mark Goldsworthy 3, Nigel Thwaites) 4-1 Holman SC (Marcus Smith)

Att - 50

Ludgvan (Danny Ford, Alex Zamaneagra) 2-6 Troon (Ashley Smeeth 3, Jamie Marles 2, Danny Claypit)

Att - 30

Pendeen Rovers (Jack Ramsey) 1-1 Illogan RBL (James Martin)

Att - 50

Porthleven Reserves (Neil Southall, Nick Perry) 2-7 St Agnes (Alec Penrose 3, Tom Benney 2, Ryd Purnell, Spencer Hassell)

Att - 33

St Day (Mike Cruse) 1-3 Wendron United (Rob Dunne 2, Craig Martin)

Att - 40

League Cup Q-F

Penryn Athletic Reserves P-P Perranwell

Att -

Penzance Reserves 0-4 St Just (Gary Matthews, Darren Steadman, Chris Curnow, Adam Palmer)

Att - 72

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

ST JUST 22 17 3 2 75 32 43 54

HELSTON ATHLETIC 20 17 1 2 63 19 44 52

PERRANWELL 20 15 3 1 78 20 58 51

ILLOGAN RBL 19 14 4 1 67 7 60 46

ST AGNES 22 13 4 5 74 31 43 43

PENDEEN ROVERS 20 12 4 4 56 23 33 40

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 20 13 1 6 52 23 29 40

WENDRON UNITED 23 12 3 8 61 51 10 39

RNAS CULDROSE 21 10 3 8 52 52 0 33

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 22 9 5 8 48 40 8 32

ST DAY 21 8 4 9 49 40 9 28

ST IVES TOWN 23 9 0 14 47 55 -8 27

TROON 24 8 3 13 41 57 -16 27

MULLION 22 8 2 12 57 64 -7 26

PENZANCE RESERVES 23 6 3 14 24 56 -32 21

NEWQUAY RESERVES 24 6 2 16 34 54 -20 20

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 21 4 5 12 34 66 -32 17

HAYLE RESERVES 19 3 4 12 20 56 -36 12*

HOLMAN SC 25 3 2 20 30 85 -55 11

LUDGVAN 23 0 2 21 12 145 -133 2

Agree soccer follower loads of rain last night, im afraid to say that Penryn's pitch is now not the best in the senior leagues and of course a better setup then Perranwell so steady down lads lol, as many would agree, but it's still up their as one of the best, Ian Gregory has done a tremendous job at Hayle and I believe has been rewarded of his efforts, Nice set and a great playing surface.

Penryn v Perranwell game off

Funny that. that wasnt fixed much. funny how the first team were short today. pretty certain it wasnt called off because of a waterlogged pitch.

once again the 'best pitch in cornwall' cant handle a little bit or rain :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

frazer7you quote "fixed" i can assure you that this is not the case. as you may remember very heavy rain on Wednesday.On Thursday I went down to the pitch to give it a light role for Saturdays game, but the pitch was totally waterlogged and therefore could not be worked on. Returned on Friday and there was an improvement in the pitch but was still very soft on the stand side & top goal . The best chance of getting the game on was just to mark it in and leave it alone and hope for a dry Friday night/Saturday morning. But, as you are probably aware there was at least 5 hours of rain Friday night! I was not at the pitch this morning for any inspection but I'm not the slightest bit supprised at the decision to call it off ... Perranwell twins thanks for your comments its nice to know people appreacate the hours of work.

Funny that. that wasnt fixed much. funny how the first team were short today. pretty certain it wasnt called off because of a waterlogged pitch.

if there was so much rain on tho days you said there was how come then almost every game in fht and combo football is still on yet penryns game is off knowing there 1st team is short seems very strange to me !!!!!!

once again the 'best pitch in cornwall' cant handle a little bit or rain :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Perranwell twins thanks for your comments its nice to know people appreacate the hours of work.

must try harder next time.

:smiley20:

(ps dont take my comments seriously, just having a laugh) :clapper:

League Cup Q-F

Penzance 0-4 St Just

Att - 72

League

Falmouth 1-3 St Ives

Hayle 0-2 Mullion

Helston 4-1 Holmans

Ludgvan 2-6 Troon

Pendeen 1-1 Illogan

Porthleven 2-7 St Agnes

St Day 1-3 Wendron

Good result boys!!

Especially with Illogan dropping more points every week!!

Delboy pull your finger out and get the score on here as i'm 4 hrs ahead and can't wait all night for you!! I need my beauty sleep!!

would not know about the other pitches in the area . can only tell you about Penryn's pitch over the last few days

so if u are the groundsmen at penryn then how come you wasnt there at the pitch inspection, because surely it is your decision to call the game off or not.

I think you'll find its a referee's decision whether a game is played or not, although he may be guided by the groundsman.

Helston 4-1 Holmans

(HT 1-1)

Holmans Goalsorer - Marcus Smth (44th Min Pen)

Helston had just a lttle bit more in the tank after a battling 1st half performance from the visitors to go in at half time level. Helston had new signing Liam Eddy partnering Mark Goldsworthy upfront and both were proving to be a handful in the opening 10min and a corner which Holmans goalkeeper Ben Minns failed to deal with sufficently saw the ball fall to Goldsworthy who shot through a number of players from 15yds out to put the hosts 1-0 up. Helston were then guilty of missing a number of good opportunities and Minns atoned for his earlier mistake with a couple of fine reaction saves. As the half progressed Holmans confidence began to rise with Jacob Kemp playing well in his new forward role teaming up with Marcus Smith upfront who's pace unsettled the home defence on a couple of occasions. With Helston squandering a number of chances and Holmans for their part creating a few resulting on the 44th min when the industrious Tarik Kalkan was adjudged by ref Ian Roberts (rightly - biased obviously) to have been manhandled in the box and the resultant penalty was calmly slotted home by Smith

2nd half saw Holmans start brightly and a through ball by Matt Osborn saw Smith shoot wide which was repeated a few mins later from a kalkan pass into smith. The away side were still being made to work hard by the hosts and began to tire and once Liam Eddy managed to wriggle free of his marker Adam Gill a good save by Minns fell straight into the path of Goldsworthy for his 2nd. With a 3rd added 5 min later for Goldsworthys hat trick Helston were firmly in the driving seat and a 4th by the "evergreen" Nige Thwaites after coming on as substitute wrapped up the scoreline.

Helston looking strong for the combination league run in with a good squad being assembled - They have been voted by Holmans as the club with the best after game grub - Thanks Angie :)

Holmans still in relegation trouble with their next fixture away to local neighbours Troon who have now won two on the bounce since the 2 sides last met in the supp Cup -

Mullion goalscorers;

Sean Haskell-Mills and Hayden Thomas-Fuller with his 1st goal in senior football.

Surface at Hayle was fairly good, find it hard to understand that the facilities available at Penryn that a game can be called off on that pitch. there is a lot worse in the league that get the go-ahead in conditions worse than what we have had this week.

Mullions 2nd clean sheet of the season. Thomas Hendy and Graham Cook at the back were fairly solid, Backed up by Daniel Higgins and the brilliant Charles Cheetham. Mullion started off the brighter as Hayle looked to struggle with their formation of 3-5-2. Mullions width was a constant problem in the 1st 20 minutes, and made the pressure count when a long ball by Will Duke was collected by Hayden Thomas-Fuller who outpaced and outstrenghted the Hayle Wing-Back to cooly slot the ball past the advancing the Hayle goalkeeper. Mullion continued to press, and had a number of corners but failed to add to their tally.

Hayle started the 2nd half a lot better than Mullion and with a change of formation to what seemed a more familiar 4-4-2 jus before half time definatly suited them more. Hayle only created half chances in a second half in which they had much of the play. Derek Pickin Spurned the best chance as he seemed to get mixed up from a cross 2 yards from goal. Mullion broke on the counter after about 55 minutes when Thomas-Fuller ran down the left after a great through ball by Kyle Harvey. Thomas-Fuller over hit the cross and Robert Carey at the back post squared the ball for Sean Haskell-Mills to tap in. Shortly after Harvey was replaced by manager Scott Toy. Hayle continued to press but Mullions defence stayed strong and no clear cut chances were made.

Will Duke was sent off within the last 10 minutes for Mullion. I gather it was for Foul and Abusive language. But Mullion hung on and defended superbly to claim a second victory on the trot and only a second clean sheet of the season. :thumbsup:

hayle 0-2 mullion agree hayle bit flat 1st half ,mullion wanted the ball more even 2nd half hayle lots of possesion but not a lot in the final 3rd

and got caught out on the break for mullions 2nd, good game by adam northall at centre half for hayle .crowd 280

sorry ctb about 28-30 maths was not my strongest subject

would not know about the other pitches in the area . can only tell you about Penryn's pitch over the last few days

so if u are the groundsmen at penryn then how come you wasnt there at the pitch inspection, because surely it is your decision to call the game off or not.

I think you'll find its a referee's decision whether a game is played or not, although he may be guided by the groundsman.

i think you will find that its not the referees decision when they call it off at 1o in the morning

games get cancelled for many different reasons but usually the club does not want to postpone a game due to fixture pile up later in season and also lack of revenue for the home club and also players want to play .so personally i think most clubs will want a game to take part and only cancel if in the refs or groundsman opinion is that the surface is dangerous or waterlogged .

Current Combo Rule states that "Cancellation of matches through unfit grounds can only be granted by the match Referee or a Referee nominated by the League". ie a Referee qualified to officiate at Combo level.

frazer7 can you read.!!!!! i.e .a ref can be called in by 10 a.m.

Current Combo Rule states that "Cancellation of matches through unfit grounds can only be granted by the match Referee or a Referee nominated by the League". ie a Referee qualified to officiate at Combo level.

frazer7 can you read.!!!!! i.e .a ref can be called in by 10 a.m.

Yes I can read mr t. Instead of going on the offensive and being rude would you like to enlighten me on which referee called the game off then please. Or is it a big secret