Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES 19/20 February

ECPL

By Dave Potham

Premier Division

Bere Alston United v Torpoint Athletic (Postponed)

Biscovey 0 St Stephens Borough 4

Bude Town 4 Tavistock 2

Morwenstow 2 Wadebridge Town 2

Plymouth Parkway 1 Probus 3

St Dennis 4 Lanreath 1

Division One

Liskeard Athletic 2 Polperro 3 (Played Friday)

Kilkhampton 1 Millbrook 6

Plymstock United 3 Callington Town 1

Roche v Holsworthy (Postponed)

St Blazey 2 St Dominick 4

St Teath 0 Elburton Villa 0

Rowett Insurance Supplementary Cup Quarter Final

Edgcumbe v Nanpean Rovers (Postponed)

i missed the Torpoint game so couldn't comment on which was the better performance. However, all the lads put in a huge amount of effort

today so credit to every one of them. Parkway are a very good side and on another day they may feel they deserved something but after the start

we had this season, we're overdue abit of luck.

All credit to Parkway for getting the game on tho and all the best for the rest of the season.

thanks Ricks, yeah we are on a good run at moment, Sticker away next sat so that will be another big test for us. you never know, 3 points against them would

also help you boys abit. The old man has got to be happy with your season so far, to be honest, St Dennis and Sticker are the two best sides i've seen this season.

all the best for the rest of the season mate.

Biscovey 0 Borough 4

Thompson

Jones

Fort 2

Clean sheet for Sam Borthwick in his last game before joining Liskeard 1st team.

All the best Sam.

Thanks massive, i have enjoyed my time at Borough. Good luck for the rest of the season, a cracking team with cracking lads. It was hard to leave, but its a good move on my part.

A nice game to finish on, although i wish i ahd been allowed to take the penalty at 4-0!! Haha!

St Teath 0 Elburton Villa 0

What a terrific game this was, not a dirty game at all, very very tight with limited opportunities for both teams. One clear chance for St Teath in the dying minutes to win the game but the keeper saved well.

A cracking advert for ECPL.

The man in the middle had a nightmare 1st half. The 2 dismisals were hand bags at dawn, a good stern talking too would have been enough, or worse case yellow cards for each player. Credit to him in the 2nd half he let the game flow, with the odd exceptions.

Cracking banter from the Home supporters. Good attendance as well. Refreshments were good.

Also credit where due to the Management Team St Teath for making Elburton Villa feel welcome. Having a chat before the game and afterwards.

Good luck to the rest of the season to St Teath.

St. Dennis 4 Lanreath 1

As an unbiased Sticker supporter... Lanreath played well in the first half and were unlucky not to be 2-1 up. A direct free kick clearly crossed the line by at least 2 feet, which the ref and his assistant did well to miss!??

That said in the 2nd half, 3 or 4 of the Lanreath veteran players (many of whom have won the ECPL title more than once) tired in the St.Dennis peat, allowing St. Dennis to run out worthy winners in the end. Jamie Castle did keep the score down, but only really in the last 20 mins.

I wouldnt class offering the ref a cup of tea before a game as kissing his behind gavin, just abit of commen courtesy, I would love to no who you think does all the kissing? :-/ because it certainly isn't the players or the manager. As for the free kick that "went over the line by 2 feet" I wouldn't be able to call it and neither would the ref because he or I, from what I saw we weren't I'n a position to call it, as for our lino, he usually very honest so if he missed it, it may been for a reason.

What planet are you on gavin shipman, having officiated at St Dennis on many occasions their treatment of the official is how a club should do it,it`s called being professional, it`s not backside licking. As to their assistant he is very competant and honest in his duties, I wish all assistants were as good as he is.

St.Dennis tend to get these decisions at home......they treat the ref like royalty and the lino is the 12th man.....still an ok side though but it helps when all they do is kiss the behind of the ref

not being funny mr shipman but do you have a problem with st dennis? our lino is the most unbiased i have ever seen and i have played with enough club linesmen to know and trying to be as professional as we can without getting paid costs nothing!!!!! referees have got a hard enough job on a saturday without getting abused by players or officials from either side! giving the ref a cup of tea is hardly kissing his behind and as for always getting "those" decisions is a joke

Easy fella's! - not suggesting it was done on purpose, so lets not get personal... but a number of the St.Dennis faithful agreed it was at least 2 feet over the line... and goals change games. But 'yes' the linesman should have seen it and given a goal... that said, not many, as the home lino would!

Easy fella's! - not suggesting it was done on purpose, so lets not get personal... but a number of the St.Dennis faithful agreed it was at least 2 feet over the line... and goals change games. But 'yes' the linesman should have seen it and given a goal... that said, not many, as the home lino would!

Even if that goal was given, St Dennis still would have never lost the game!!!

sorry gavin but in my book that means corrupt and i can assure you that I am as honest as the day is long,.Two scenario`s for you, I arrive at a ground (senior league) no one speaks to me, I find my way to the changing room , after a short while the away teams assistant arrives he gives me a list of their subs, 5 mins before kick off I go out to the pitch at this point the home club do not even know if a referee for their game has turned up. At kick off time no one from the home club has even spoken to me I have no list of subs plus I have no match balls to use. Second scenario, I arrive at the ground and are shown the changing room, I am offered a tea or refreshment if required, i am given a selection of correctly pressured match balls to use, 30 mins before KO I am given the list of subs. Now please tell me which is the correct approach for a club to their match day and by the way St Dennis are not alone, I am pleased to say that there are lots of clubs who treat the officials exactly the same. Also that first scenario is a true account.

Best to have my 2 penneth worth, Mr Shipman we at St Dennis try to make all visitors to our club made to feel welcome and that goes for the referee's.

HOWEVER if you know me or our assistent manager Stuart Bell, then you will reliase Referee's are not given an easy ride.The CCFA Coffers will verify that.

So i find your comments unfounded and have no alternative but to say, YOUR FIRED.

PLEASE LEAVE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY

B manning......You seem to want to go very far to let us know that you are always fair....Guilty conscience maybe??? but I still don't think you're corrupt as I don't know who you are, maybe you could PM me ??

I don't think that calling me names is going to educate me santini....

I have nothing against St.Dennis, just that on the 4 occasions that I have been to the ground this season I feel the treatment is over the top........

sorry if that offends anyone

gavin, definately no guilty conscience and the correct term you are looking for is not fair, but honest. Now you still have not answered which of the two scenario`s I quoted is the correct one. If you could let me know which games you have seen at St Dennis then i will let you know if you have seen me.

i have 2 points on these 2 topics stated above.

POINT1

i watched a game between launceston v st dennis 2 weeks ago. launceston scored a goal that literally touched the net, let alone crossed the line, the static centre circle referee obviously couldnt see it, so he was looking for help from the inline st dennis linesman. goal not given!!! i could see it was a goal because i was standing behind the st dennis linesman behind the railings. 10 minutes passed when he turned to 5 of us and said perhaps i should of given that with a sniggeer.

POINT2

i watched a game that was refereed by mr ian spurling.(must state i dont no the guy) last week. from the 1st minute to 100th minute. (yes 10minutes over) it was in my opinion refed very harshly towards 1team and much in favour of the other, free kicks, bookings, penalties, and 10 minutes extra in search of a goal. I swiftly made my way to the clubhouse for a much needed bovril on a cold day. to my disbelief mr spurling entered shortly after and spent the whole duration with 1 set of players. make of this what you wish, ime only a bystander but ime glad because both these points would of majorly hacked me off if i was on the opposing club :SM_carton:

Can't say I noticed St Dennis giving preferential treatment to the ref when we went down there this season.

Mind you I was too pre-occupied trying to find the right solution to stop Carl & Lee, etc (didn't work)!!

When we played there they were having a club photo done and there were more staff than players so hardly surprising that as a well run club they do that extra bit for the officials and their opponents.

As for their club lino.....he may look a bit like Mr Bean and comes across as a bit pompous but I'd hardly call him biased...

...the guy up at Wadebridge!!!....now there's a whole different story!!!

Two fairest club lino's we've come across this season have been John Cole of Plymouth Parkway and the fella that does the line up at Morwenstow

In defence of Ian Spurling, it's fair to say our club have had a few run ins with him in the past, but on the last three times we've had him he's been spot on.

Likewise, 'Bernard Manning' and I have not always seen eye to eye but his handling of our game at Sticker recently was the best he's been with us.

I think it's fair to say that quite a few of the refs in the ECPL tend to get more games with the teams closer to where they live (i.e. we've only ever had 'Bernard Manning' at St Stephen, Sticker, Probus and Nanpean in the past) and that being the case, they are gonna be more familiar with the players and officials of those clubs and may come across as favouring the home side, especially when a decision goes against you or your team are losing.

There was also the feeling in the past that the Devon sides in a predominantly Cornish League were often getting a raw deal from the officials but although this may have appeared so a few years ago...it doesn't any more.

Mind you having a decent away record tends to make you forget some of the dodgy decisions that have occured from time to time.

This has turned into one of the silliest threads ever started on this site :rolleyes:

I'm sure if St Dennis lose a game its not because they didn't kiss the refs arse enough and then sent a request never to have that ref again. :blink:

I must try to remember to get my arsed kissed next time i have a game there :thumbsup: :smiley20:

This has turned into one of the silliest threads ever started on this site :rolleyes:

I'm sure if St Dennis lose a game its not because they didn't kiss the refs arse enough and then sent a request never to have that ref again. :blink:

I must try to remember to get my arsed kissed next time i have a game there :thumbsup::smiley20:

Now, now Anita!! We dont want this turning into a ###### forum!

I must try to remember to get my arsed kissed next time i have a game there :thumbsup::smiley20:

Now, now Anita!! We dont want this turning into a ###### forum!

Now, now Anita!! We dont want this turning into that sort of forum!