Cornwall Football Forum

ARSENAL GOING WRONG WAY ?????

It is sad to see Henry move not only for Arsenal fans but also for ny football fan in Britain. But he has been struggling with injury for the past couple of seasons and £16 million is a nice payout for someone who has had 8 great seasons at the Arsenal and only cost £10,You could do a lot worse and sign Bent for £18 million. As for Arsenal sruggling not a chance they may not be up at the top of the league next season but watch out the year after with the youngsters we have coming through as witnessed in last years league cup. Thierry Henry was and always will be a true Arsenal legend good luck in Barcelona :drink:

Guest chriswarren

Look all you Arsenal fans, you dont wana support them any more they are going down hill. Come and support the Pool. Liverpool are on the way up and i am guna support them for at least this year again

We would even accept some ex spurs fans in to fan group

It is sad to see Henry move not only for Arsenal fans but also for ny football fan in Britain. But he has been struggling with injury for the past couple of seasons and £16 million is a nice payout for someone who has had 8 great seasons at the Arsenal and only cost £10,You could do a lot worse and sign Bent for £18 million. As for Arsenal sruggling not a chance they may not be up at the top of the league next season but watch out the year after with the youngsters we have coming through as witnessed in last years league cup. Thierry Henry was and always will be a true Arsenal legend good luck in Barcelona :drink:

i see what you're saying barbs and to an extent i as a spurs fan agree with you,BUT all the youngsters you talk about will not hang around when wenger goes at the end of the season.chris warren,thanks but no thanks.spurs are on a little rise of their own and i'll stick by them as i have done for the last 30+ years.thought liverpool were going to be world beaters last season after they signed kuyt and bellamy anyway?.

Guest chriswarren

R U sure coops ??? they are awesome. we were nearly world beaters except for the cheating diving Italians !!! they shud not of even been there although to be fair I think Manu are the best team in the world at the moment. We will def win the premiership this year no probs. watch these lips

sure i cant tempt you coops i wont be able to let you in half way through the season

chris,you're a funny guy.i agree about the italians but is it surprising that a team kicked out of the league,docked points,fined and villified and also kicked out of the champions league eventually went on to stay in the league,get the point reduction made less,the fine reduced and re-instated into the champions league,then go on to win it?????.what is it all of this punishment was for again??.oh yes,bribery and corruption.just so happens that they won the world cup aswell??..back to liverpool and your offer of switching my legiancies to them from my beloved spurs.once again i must say "no thankyou".i must also agree with your statement about man utd and add that liverpool are about as likely to win the premiership as spurs are to win the champions league....

Jon Rosevear, Only time will tell fella. :)

Coopsie fella, Just kidding my friend i was not bored. :D

neil phillips, Bent maybe valued at £17 mil but i dont rate the chap myself. :angry:

why dont u rate bent? he was injured for about the same time as henry last season n scored more goals than him and his side got relegated. Hes scored what? 20, 18, 15 goals (rough guess) in his 3 seasons in the prem for one of the relegation battlers and i think that if he wasnt injured this year it would have been watford, sheff utd and wigan goin down and not charlton

hello eddie junior,where you been buddy?.common sense statement mate and as i've said atleast 3 times during this debate,"imagine what he MAY be able to do in a good/better team"?..i think he'll be at spurs VERY SOON and for a fee of around £12million to £13million with add ons for goals success etc.i can't see spurs setting a new club transfer record for a player to warm the bench.therefore expect keane to be played behind a front pairing of bent and berbatov OR there will be alternating pairs of keane and berbatov for some games then Defoe and Bent for other games?.i can see bent and defoe becoming good mates,perhaps in a similar way to cole and yorke (perhaps not as effective).people say that if spurs get bent,defoe will be off BUT i can't see that happening because with mido certain to go,it would mean that we have to buy another striker (but watch out for the young lad called TAARABT next season,he's going to be a bit good.you heard it here first)...just want to say a quick thankyou to deacs and rich chown for allowing this topic to continue and not closing or deleting it,as has happened in the past. :clapper:

fabio capello JUST sacked by the Real Madrid board,watch an intense quest for arsene wenger unfold now and they'll offer him all the financial backing he needs to sign van persie,fabregas etc.unless you can think of anyone else that they may want?.

i heard that aswell BUT i have a feeling that wenger's agent may be working his socks off.perhaps he'll sort it for when wenger's contract expires next season?.my desperation for arsenal to implode is becoming really transparent isn't it??.getafe only finished 9th in the league though.

personally i think it would be fantastic if wenger left really leave them in the s.... but every thing i read is that getafe manager, i dont rate him myself, but in spain they have new manager every 3 months and new president every year, so what do we know haha

i do agree though i think his agent is running his phone bill up now

aint found anything interestin to comment on recently as i usually get abused wen i do anyway haha! well some1s gotta talk sense here sometimes. u wer close lks like hes gone for 16m thts a hell of alot of maney but it will b worth. :D

in the last 2 seasons only drogba and henry have scored more goals in the premiership.henry has only scored 1 more and drogba 5 more.therefore i once again ask the question "is he really that expensive"??.

coops i cant mate its too dark for me, plus you always get ripped off 16.5million for bent i wudnt even give a tenner

he consistently outscores rooney and cost £11million less...being a striker is about scoring goals. ;)

by the way,there's links to other clubs on there.

Yea right Mike C! they are going to retire that shirt when i stop playing! but hopefully not for some years yet! Darren Bent? what do you think? waste of money I think, he is gonna have to prove himself big time to me! Gonna have to meet up soon bud, laters mate.

for more than you sold henry for (his clubs OFFICIAL statement) and it's clear that his talent must be absolutely outstanding for him to be top scorer in such an internationally recognised footballing league.what is it again "the amor shield"!!!. :D ...spurs get hugely criticised for spending £16million on a guy thats been the top english striker in the premiership over the last 2 seasons and has scored shed loads of goals for 2 clubs that were eventually relegated (therefore rubbish teams with no or little service).yet united spend £17million+ on each of nani,anderson (despite talent are really still unproven kids)and hargreaves and NOTHING is said. then the goons spend more than £16million on the household name that is eduardo da silva and still nothing from anyone.there's an unwritten rule that only the top 4 can spend big on players.the press just hate the fact that a club that doesn't need investment and is self sufficient is able to possibly gatecrash the party of the untouchable top 4.further good news for gooners is that the board had managed to secure a "line of credit" to the tune of £40million to purchase fresh blood and that was before Henry was given away.i mean sold.

Nice,another £40million worth of debt to add to the £260million that is already in place.i reckon wenger is trying to ensure that the club really implodes before he leaves next year.

Guest Luffy

Reading all the posts in regards to the minor London clubs in the prem div, I should think that yet again the only real challenge to the northern red machines will be the mighty blues again. Although no major signings have been undertaken at the Bridge yet, it is time to consiladate and get ready to bring the prem trophy back to Stamford Bridge.

In regards to the rest of the London teams, Arsenal will need to find another striker, possibly a midfield player and a defender to put them back with an outside chance of winning the title.

Spurs can buy all they like unfortunately they will always be the nearly men as they have not quite got the balls to go all the way.

It is nice to see hammers fans smiling again but then again it is the pre season, and as soon as a ball is kicked they will be doom and gloom worrying whether they are going to stay up, that is if they are not sent through the trap door by the authorities and the blades are reinstated.

Fulham can have a couple of our cast offs and that should help them survive another year in the top flight, we on the Kings Road like to help our less fortunate neighbour.

I see that people have predicted the top six, but I thought I would do the top half of the table:

1. Chelsea

2. Man United

------------------

3. Liverpool

4. Tottenham

------------------

5. Arsenal

6. Portsmouth

7. Everton

8. Newcastle

9. Blackburn

10.Reading

Should be a great season this year but apart from the Yids it will be the same at the top. CHELSEA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

AFTER SELLING T.HENRY TO BARCELONA DOES EVERY ONE FEEL THAT IT CONFIRMS THAT ARSENAL ARE CRUMBLING ??? A BIG PLAYER LIKE THAT CAN HAVE HUGE IMPACT ON YOUNGER PLAYERS AND LOOKS LIKE THE LAST BIT OF JIGSAW HOLDING IT TOGETHER ARSENE WENGER COULD BE ON HIS WAY ????

OR WILL IT PULL EVERYONE TOGETHER ???

WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY WILL FINISH NEXT YEAR ^_^

every one is jumping onto the band waggon, predictions counter predictions,

& the season has not even started yet,

remember last year only one team to win the league, Chelsea,!! did they win it you all know the answer,

nothing is decided until the fat lady sings, take West Ham everybody ( except West Ham fans) predicted going down & look what happend,

at least let's whait until Christmas, then start predicting,

Hammers :clapper: :c:

Guest chriswarren

LIVERPOOL FOR THE LEAGUE AND CHAMPS LEAGUE WITH EASE !!!!! CROUCH AND TORRES UP FRONT WILL BE UN STOPABLE, I RECKON 75 GOALS BETWEEN THEM EASY !!!!!!!!!!! BIG IT THE POOL

AS CHELSEA EVEN THINKING OF WINNING ANOTHER TITLE DONT MAKE ME LAUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm a yid fan and think i'm the only person that has not said that spurs WILL finish above the goons.as many have said,it is wenger that is important to the goons and if he's still there then there's no reason to believe that they wont be able to atleast match last seasons 4th place finish.Liverpool will not win the league and i don't think chelsea will either.man utd are the best TEAM in the country by a long way and for that reason i think that they will secure atleast the premiership.Spurs have spent a fair amount of money but we have got in 4 players for the same as liverpool have paid for 1 player BUT unless we get a ball winning playmaker in the midfield,quality left winger and good centre back for when ledley is injured,we wont be breaking into the top 4.i think that Everton could get in there and the top 6 (after man utd,chelsea,liverpool and arsenal) could have any one of portsmouth,blackburn,west ham,man city,newcastle and spurs all fighting it out for a couple of spots in europe.people will probably laugh at the thought of man city being up there but they must remember that although sven never won anything with England,he has won the league and cup double at EVERY club he's managed and he only lost 4 or 5 competitive games whilst in charge of England.it should be a great season and as cockerkneeboy said "nothing is decided until the fat lady sings".lets just stop speculating and see what the season throws at us and enjoy it as much as possible.anyway,i have a bad feeling that sunderland are going to doink spurs on the first day of the season. :(

thats at the moment paps.dinamo's official press release/statement yesterday was quoted as "we can confirm that Eduardo Da Silva has agreed the transfer to Arsenal in the premiership of England for the fee of £16.4million based upon goals,appearances and success"."we would like to wish him well at his new club and thank him for the service that he has provided and the sale represents acceptable business for all concerned parties".

Ok, I dont think any team in the premiership would worry about spending out that kind of money if he scores goals like he has done, will just have to wait and see.

Brilliant article here about henry very true what is said: http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=70941

Also coops, why do you keep going on about the debt that arsenal have? As far as i know they only have that debt because they have the new Emirates stadium? Do you know different if so please inform me.

thats exactly my point though paps,he WILL be a good signing and even for that fee if he scores goals "who gives a crap what he cost".afterall,how many bad INCOMING transfer mistakes has wenger made?.thats my point with bent also but for some reason a huge hoo ha has been made over his fee but not over anybody elses.as for the debt arsenal have,it IS because of the stadium BUT without the success you were enjoying when the stadium started being constructed there will be no way of keeping up payments to creditors etc.that is the only reason i parp on about the size of the debt.

dein does appear to be the "glue" that has kept Arsenal together mate.personally though i hope that spurs fans optimism is proven to be right because although we have always been huge rivals with arsenal,it would be brilliant for them to actually be challenging eachother for once aswell.lets see what the season brings.i'm also pretty sure that both spurs and arsenal still aren't finished in the transfer market.

LIVERPOOL FOR THE LEAGUE AND CHAMPS LEAGUE WITH EASE !!!!! CROUCH AND TORRES UP FRONT WILL BE UN STOPABLE, I RECKON 75 GOALS BETWEEN THEM EASY !!!!!!!!!!! BIG IT THE POOL

AS CHELSEA EVEN THINKING OF WINNING ANOTHER TITLE DONT MAKE ME LAUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this guy having a laugh we all have the right to our own opinion but this guys head is full of magic.

has anyone ever won the premeirship and the champions league with ease, and 75 goals between crouch and torres, you have got more chance of nailing pi** to a flagpole.

go back to watching crown green bowls or whatever it is you do as you seem to have no idea about this game

B) :wacko:

i agree ah reckon so.does this guy not realise that torres only scored 14 goals in the same league that forlan and kanoute got a hat full in,yet they we're both crap in the MUCH tougher premiership.tell you what,i'd rather overspend (if spurs have) to the tune of £16million on a guy that's proven in the premiership rather than spend £10million more on a guy that's been outshone by atleast 2 premiership flops.

Guest chriswarren

I will be keeping these answers and letting you eat them at the end of the season

p.s just to let you know coops that bent is not worth 1.6 mil never mind 16mil he is rubbish

Chris Warren

your footballing knowledge astounds me have you thought of going on mastermind

you claim darren bent is not even worth 1.6million but that it is ok for rafa to go and splash out 20+ million on torres. I am not a spurs fan and think that 16million is a little over the top but they made nearly that on carrick the season before. also anyone who could score goals in that charlton side last season must be doing something right.

all rafa will do is waste the money the yanks give him just as he has with all his other buys. With the exception of reina the keeper the only real quality players that liverpool have benitez inherited.

but as i have come to realise there is never any sense spoken by a plastic scouser.

ps. please dont start banging on about 2 champions league finals. real football fans will realise that you got there because you were out of all domestic competitions by the end of january and could rest key players for important games.

What a load of crap has been written in this forum on this subject, yet it is gripping stuff, and exactly what the forum needs in this "football-less" time. Someone has said "keeping the answers to make you eat them at the end of the season". Good one. Obviously, not everybody will be right, and not everybody will be wrong. So some will have more to eat than others!

It is too early to predict what will happen. Would West Ham have been where they found themselves last year if Dean Ashton had not been injured before a ball was kicked?

Who else, this year, will get injured before the season starts?

Too early to say.

Anyway, Bent is a good signing for Spurs, and may help them get a win over Arsenal for the first time this century. He scores goals, what a striker is for. And with Berbatov, what possibilities await? Berbatov is clearly the best striker in the premiership, so they will score goals. They will let some in too.

I still think Arsenal will finish above Spurs, the top 4 probably remaining the same again as last year.

The team to beat will be Man U, like last time.

I agree with Mangle,United will be up there but don't forget Chelsea who will not have the injuries which disrupted them last season.

Darren Bent is a proven goalscorer in the Premiership and,provided that he gets the service which Keane,Berbatov and Defoe had last year,he will again score goals and lift Tottenham up the league.

I think that Mr.Warren's comments are a little "tongue in cheek" and he may be fishing for replies to comments which appear to be far fetched!

I will be keeping these answers and letting you eat them at the end of the season

p.s just to let you know coops that bent is not worth 1.6 mil never mind 16mil he is rubbish

don't worry soccer follower,this is not a bite on the bait that chriswarren dangles before me....chriswarren,"Bent is not worth £1.6million never mind £16million he is rubbish"..Yet he outscored EVERY one of your "worldclass strikers",so what does that make them worth?..pity your brain isn't quite as big as your mouth fella. :rolleyes: