Cornwall Football Forum

Martin Gritton released from Chesterfield

Taken from a Chesterfield connected site

Having ended his loan spell at Torquay United last week, striker Martin Gritton has been released from his Chesterfield contract in order to find a new club in the transfer window.

'Martin is a true professional and everyone at Chesterfield wishes him all the best for the future,' said Spireites boss John Sheridan, whose squad is well-stocked with strikers at present.

33-year-old Gritton had no problems with the decision, commenting: 'I love football but understand it doesn't always work out, so we move on.

'I am pleased that Chesterfield is having some success and I wish everyone well for the future.'

Taken from a Chesterfield connected site

Having ended his loan spell at Torquay United last week, striker Martin Gritton has been released from his Chesterfield contract in order to find a new club in the transfer window.

'Martin is a true professional and everyone at Chesterfield wishes him all the best for the future,' said Spireites boss John Sheridan, whose squad is well-stocked with strikers at present.

33-year-old Gritton had no problems with the decision, commenting: 'I love football but understand it doesn't always work out, so we move on.

'I am pleased that Chesterfield is having some success and I wish everyone well for the future.'

truro city perhaps????

Morning Dave/Mike, i spoke to Gritts Monday night and he said he was pleased Chesterfield paid him up. He just wants to play football,and not sit on someones bench for the remainder of his career.Cant say much but you might see him in the Conference scoring goals very soon!!! :thumbsup:

Morning Dave/Mike, i spoke to Gritts Monday night and he said he was pleased Chesterfield paid him up. He just wants to play football,and not sit on someones bench for the remainder of his career.Cant say much but you might see him in the Conference scoring goals very soon!!! :thumbsup:

well rappo get him moved into ur house and get him playing for carharrack!!

truro city perhaps????

Maybe Truro City wouldn't be a drop too far as mentioned elsewhere, it mystifies me when players are referred to as a striker when only scoring 63 goals in 329 matches, Truro City could be the stepping stone back to the big time, if banging in goals for them but as we see scoring in the Zamaretto league isn't that easy.

If wanted by Truro City he could do worse than getting a pay packet now to take him through to the end of the season.

Nice Stats Mountaineer!! You've obviously done your homework!! Of those 329 appearances i think you'll find almost half of those have come off the bench. So Gritts has actually a better than 1 in 3 strike rate when he's started games which aint bad for a target man in league football im sure you will agree!? I would fancy him to better that easily in the Zameretto! Would love to see him at City (or Carharrack Jamie!)but i know his preference is no lower than Conference as he's not 33 until June actually! Maybe a nice 18 month contract somewhere and then back to Truro? I've seen him play enough to know he will be an asset to any team that signs him. :clapper:

Fair comment RAPPO - I thought my posting would kindle some interest regarding the TRUE facts, that is the difference these days, appearances could be 90 minutes or 90 seconds so do not give a fair assessment.

I have read the comments on both the Chesterfield and Torquay websites which were glowing when referring to Martin as a footballer and a club person, I hope he finds a club soon with ambition to advance to the Football League.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on where martin gritton is signing?? I notice he stillnhasnt signed

For anyone! Truro on the cards??

That article is a couple of weeks old. If he is still unsigned (and has been "paid off" by Chesterfield), surely it's worth Lee taking another punt at a match-by-match deal? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.