Cornwall Football Forum

2010 is all but over!

It's almost the end of another year and I'm interested in seeing answers to the question "What would be your local football memory or thought of the calendar year?" Happy, sad, good, bad or funny - but summed up in less than a 100 words.

For me - it has to be the way that Madron AFC of the Mining Division League continue to play on after taking such heavy defeats during this season. They're not even half way through their season yet and already have a negative goal difference of -262 from 13 games! And as for the game they lost 55-0 at Illogan RBL - it still seems impossible to concede so many goals in 90 minutes. And to top it all, they're still not bottom of their division!

It's almost the end of another year and I'm interested in seeing answers to the question "What would be your local football memory or thought of the calendar year?" Happy, sad, good, bad or funny - but summed up in less than a 100 words.

For me - it has to be the way that Madron AFC of the Mining Division League continue to play on after taking such heavy defeats during this season. They're not even half way through their season yet and already have a negative goal difference of -262 from 13 games! And as for the game they lost 55-0 at Illogan RBL - it still seems impossible to concede so many goals in 90 minutes. And to top it all, they're still not bottom of their division!

Dave, are they not out to take the p###. No one can be that bad surly? Have they a team of 5 of which 4 are blind and 1 has flu or something? :blink: