Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL and CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

Cornwall Senior Cup Second Round

Callington Town v Truro City (Postponed)

Edgcumbe v Polperro (Postponed)

Falmouth Town 6 St Dennis 2

Hayle 0 Saltash United 2

Helston Athletic 3 Wadebridge Town 1

Mousehole 1 Camelford 7

Newquay 4 St Day 1

Pendeen Rovers 1 Sticker 2

Penzance 0 Launceston 0

Perranporth 2 St Stephens Borough 1

Perranwell 1 Penryn Athletic 2 (aet)

St Teath 3 Godolphin Atlantic 4

ECPL

Premier Division

Bere Alston United 2 Torpoint Athletic 1 (Played at Torpoint)

Lanreath v Morwenstow

Launceston v Bude Town (Postponed)

Tavistock v Probus (Postponed)

Division One

Camelford 0 Nanpean Rovers 0

Holsworthy v St Stephen (Postponed)

Kilkhampton 0 Roche 2

Rowett Insurance League Cup

Bodmin Town v Liskeard Athletic (Postponed)

The ECPL should take control of this and make a hard and fast rule that the match referee should be contacted before any decision is made and him alone should decide if a local friendly referee should make an inspection or give the match referee the option to inspect or wait until 1 hr before ko

Pendeen Rovers 1-2 Sticker

Fantastic cup tie with Pendeen going ahead through a penalty on 17 mins, then Sticker finally getting back into it on 86 mins and getting the winner in the 2nd minute of stoppage time.

Attendance: about 50 with 15ish from Sticker.

Who scored for Sticker Dan?

Great result for bere Alston well done lads :-) made it wide open noe

Bere should have been well clear by half time hit the bar and lots more chances but went in 1 up from a chris bray strike torpoint levelled and then put the pressure on for 15 mins having introduced hicks white and thornton from the firsts bere got the winner from a free kick from paul simpson thoroughly deserved win for bere

Great result for bere Alston well done lads :-) made it wide open noe

Bere should have been well clear by half time hit the bar and lots more chances but went in 1 up from a chris bray strike torpoint levelled and then put the pressure on for 15 mins having introduced hicks white and thornton from the firsts bere got the winner from a free kick from paul simpson thoroughly deserved win for bere

Ditto to all that !!!!

Just got in from the mill Torpoint v Bere Alston. What a game! Torpoint huffed & puffed but Bere took them fair &

square!

1-0 half time to Bere from a Chris Bray solo effort that the Torpoint keeper could have done better, dont think the home side could have complained if it was a 3-0 HT scoreline,having had Billy Allen subd & Shane White(1st team) come on 10 mins before half time they were struggling.

2nd half saw Bere defending superbly with Hillier at the heart of defence getting in tackles & Westlake playing the captains role,but much was down to the superb goalkeeping display witnessed by the home faithfull as Jack Dixon made 4/5 superb 2nd half saves to keep Torpoint at bay & only allowing them the equiliser 10 mins into the 2nd half.Torpoint brought on their remaining subs Hicks & Thornton(1st team) but to no avail.

Bere took the lead 10 mins from the end as a horrendus bloomer by the home keeper Sleeman who should have saved a easy free kick from Simpson only to see it slip through his grasp.

The Bere team played as a team! Torpoint clearly didn,t! & didn,t take defeat well,thinking they had the big guns on the bench to change things,but determination can beat superiority on the day!

Don,t think 442,football fan & the rest of the Torpoint wind up merchants will be chirping away this week!

Satutday service abviously very much a bere player! Was a good game in terrible conditions both teams had periods of domination but bere just cum away with the win just goes to show how difficult the league is and how any team who doesnt perform can lose! But it ridiculous that mr service is concentrating on the first team players involved forget that the 2nd team wer missing 5 players so had to bring ppl in otherwise wudnt av had a team at all so forget about that the first teamers dint start wich most other teams WOULD have done! Was a gd game to watch but definatly torpoint not at ther best BUT all credit to bere who capitalised!

Cornwall Senior Cup Second Round

Callington Town v Truro City (Postponed)

Falmouth Town v St Dennis

Hayle v Saltash United

Mousehole v Camelford

Newquay v St Day

Penzance v Launceston

Perranporth v St Stephens Borough

Edgcumbe v Polperro (Postponed)

Helston Athletic 3 Wadebridge Town 1

St Teath 3 Godolphin Atlantic 4

Pendeen Rovers 1 Sticker 2

ECPL

Premier Division

Bere Alston United 2 Torpoint Athletic 1 (Played at Torpoint)

Lanreath v Morwenstow

Launceston v Bude Town (Postponed)

Tavistock v Probus (Postponed)

Division One

Camelford 0 Nanpean Rovers 0

Holsworthy v St Stephen (Postponed)

Kilkhampton 0 Roche 2

Rowett Insurance League Cup

Bodmin Town v Liskeard Athletic (Postponed)

You missed out: :SM_carton:

Perranwell 1 vs 2 Penryn

:(

Satutday service abviously very much a bere player! Was a good game in terrible conditions both teams had periods of domination but bere just cum away with the win just goes to show how difficult the league is and how any team who doesnt perform can lose! But it ridiculous that mr service is concentrating on the first team players involved forget that the 2nd team wer missing 5 players so had to bring ppl in otherwise wudnt av had a team at all so forget about that the first teamers dint start wich most other teams WOULD have done! Was a gd game to watch but definatly torpoint not at ther best BUT all credit to bere who capitalised!

Why was ALL apart from one missing, something to do with the Torpoints third team I think. Saw at least three second team players came back to the Torpoint Bar with the third team after their Cup game. They could of ALL been injured and just went to watch the third team instead of

watching the second team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dan chapman, lewis young, matt foster, mike heron, daniel johns and wuggy! so thats 6 players missing yesterday from which atleast 3/4 would have definatly started but thats not the point torpoint wer bad and bere wer good! thats football! none of the 2nd team went with the 3rd team jack wood, ed goodman and gareth jones have played for the 3rd all season. ye was a nice touch to see jack go and speak to his counterpart at the end of the game shows how the game should be played!

Just got in from the mill Torpoint v Bere Alston. What a game! Torpoint huffed & puffed but Bere took them fair &

square!

1-0 half time to Bere from a Chris Bray solo effort that the Torpoint keeper could have done better, dont think the home side could have complained if it was a 3-0 HT scoreline,having had Billy Allen subd & Shane White(1st team) come on 10 mins before half time they were struggling.

2nd half saw Bere defending superbly with Hillier at the heart of defence getting in tackles & Westlake playing the captains role,but much was down to the superb goalkeeping display witnessed by the home faithfull as Jack Dixon made 4/5 superb 2nd half saves to keep Torpoint at bay & only allowing them the equiliser 10 mins into the 2nd half.Torpoint brought on their remaining subs Hicks & Thornton(1st team) but to no avail.

Bere took the lead 10 mins from the end as a horrendus bloomer by the home keeper Sleeman who should have saved a easy free kick from Simpson only to see it slip through his grasp.

The Bere team played as a team! Torpoint clearly didn,t! & didn,t take defeat well,thinking they had the big guns on the bench to change things,but determination can beat superiority on the day!

Don,t think 442,football fan & the rest of the Torpoint wind up merchants will be chirping away this week!

My word you've been waiting a long time for this? It must have really hurt all those weeks Torpoint kept winning? Just one thing, can you explain what evidence you've got on Torpoint not taking defeat well?

square!

My word you've been waiting a long time for this? It must have really hurt all those weeks Torpoint kept winning? Just one thing, can you explain what evidence you've got on Torpoint not taking defeat well?

Apart from their obvious disappointment straight after the final whistle, I can honstely say I found Ricky and the Torpoint lads gracious in defeat and in the clubhouse I had a good chat with Ricky and shared a bit of banter with some of the players and they were fine.....I for one personally hate losing but will always say things as I see them and hold my hands up and admit if we have been deservedly beaten by a better team....On this occasion, although our winner was courtesy of a large slice of good fortune, over the balance of the whole ninety minutes we were worthy winners on the day and I believe everyone at Torpoint accepted that...no problem.

lanreath 2-2 morwenstow

both teams at the wrong end of the table and both needed a win it was a hard fought game with lanreath the better in the first and could of went in 3 or 4 -1 up at half time but was 1 each,, second half morwenstow was alot better causing problems,, lanreath must of give away 20 fouls and for the second time this season morwenstow had a player through on goals and the last defender taking the player out early in the second only to get a yellow and for the second time the ref saying the last man dont count anymore????????? dont know if anyone can help on this matter cause i dont understand a player thru 1 on 1 with the keeper and tripped up by the last defender surely is a sending off

thats a lie its nothing to do with 1st team, bodmin 2nd team lads all got together after training in the week and they all decided they was gonna have a day at the races and a night out on the beer!!! to be honest i thought that was rather naughty but good on them!! everyone entitled to a up after all its XMAS!

Thats ok then, for a minute I thought someone was going to come on here and try and tell us the pitch was frozen down one side and had a line of standing water down the middle!!

Hi Martin,just to let you know that the ground at Bodmin was frozen and was looked at by the Groundsman and his son around 10,15,knowing Paul Simmonds well as i do i have no doubt the pitch was unplayable.His sons Matt and Chris play for me at St teath and Steve captains Bodmins first team,they are all as honest as the day is long .Hope that clears it up for you.

Thanks for that, I appreciate any information at the moment from anyone connected with any club!!

The confusion for me stems from the fact that the game was called off around ten oclock, it was a cup quarter final sanctioned by CCFA and allowed to be called off by a groundsman, the designated ref was not involved in the decision, the opposition are only a few minutes away and could have waited considerably longer before a decision was made and by 12.45 the pitch was perfectly playable.

Thanks for that, I appreciate any information at the moment from anyone connected with any club!!

The confusion for me stems from the fact that the game was called off around ten oclock, it was a cup quarter final sanctioned by CCFA and allowed to be called off by a groundsman, the designated ref was not involved in the decision, the opposition are only a few minutes away and could have waited considerably longer before a decision was made and by 12.45 the pitch was perfectly playable.

surely the groundsman and the club have more right to call off a match than anyone ????? i cant wait to knock you out ................. of the cup ! your so boring !

Not sure the groundsman or the club have jurisdiction over the CCFA in matters of games being called off by un-qualified members and regarding the knocking out comment, you seem to have missed the point a bit so if you care to read on a little, you may increase ur IQ above and beyond ur shoe size.

The basis of the initial enquiry was very simple and was offering a club member the opportunity to let me know why the game was postponed in the absence of the correct people. If this is allowed to happen then there would be no games played after a short downpour, a mild frost or a case of gout, malaria or some other airborne tropical disease!

I just wanted to know how a club could make that decision without consulting the league officially!

The only person who can call the game off is the appointed match official, to save him travelling and to get a decision before the away team leave for the ground the club should call in a local qualified referee to do a pitch inspection, he then will telephone the appointed official who will make the decision based on the advice of the called in official.

I have to agree with Martin, it would be good to know how the decision to call off the game was made and by whom. I had the same problem last season with a game ( not Bodmin) whereby I was telephoned and just told that the game was off when i asked why I was informed that the centre circle was hard, now this was at least 5hrs before KO with the temperature above freezing, I did point this out but to no avail so I as match official had no say in whether the game was on or off.

i think martin is a womes he moans like 1 anyway!!! pathetic comments he has posted!!! zzzzz

Most of the comments on this topic have been of an intelligent level and to a certain degree interesting reading. You, however, have managed to lower the conversation to your basic neanderthal background in order to attempt either a stab at humour or intellect.

Either way having been called "a tit" "boring" ,"jesus" and in your latest pathetic dig quote " A WOMES, I think it may be time to leave the debate behind. Thank you for your entertainment, support, pms regarding the legal side and above all, thanks to the single cell contributors for their interest and input.

LOL

MQ x