Cornwall Football Forum

newquay veterans managers step down

metts

Newquay vets managers Alan Metters / Derek Fieldhouse have stepped down from the hotseat , I would personally like to thank all the players and wish them every success in the future if they continue , But the time and effort needed we could not give as every manager understands sometimes you have to be honest with your selves and the players , So thanks again for the last 3 seasons and all the best , as we say cheers and gone Alan Metters / Derek Fieldhouse X Newquay veterans

thanks rappo always a good friend , we felt we had to bring another group of players through this season but watching them you realise how much work is involved teaching them about vets football it was a shock to see how easily they gave the ball away , then they start thinking hang on got to run to get it back now and then they understand hang on im 40 and cant run any more lol , but iv been in football for 36 odd years and been very luck to learn from some great coaches managers and players ,and most important met some fantastic people in the game who i have the upmost respect ,last year i was lucky enough to help win the charity cup with newq and jim and the guys then the vets won the cup and their league so its not all bad and it was lovely to watch all the western guys all who i know personally,im sure ill catch up with you some were and best wishes to the misses and kids , im going to try to get my golf handycap down with derek ,and i want to channel all my effort now in getting the ladies back into the 2nd highest league in the country ,so thanks again mark take care and catch up soon promise metts,