Cornwall Football Forum

Glyn Hobbs

I have been reliably informed that Lee Hodges is interested in signing Plymouth Parkway striker Glyn Hobbs in January. This will be a direct replacement for Barry Hayles who does not look set to extend his loan spell. Hobbs would be a good signing. He is 24 years old and is only not playing at league level because of his criminal record. If he applies himself he would be an exceptional forward at Conference level.

I regulary watch glynn at parkway, and also when he was at tavistock. for me he would be a great signing for truro, he is extremely strong very quick and when on song hes unplayable at this level, in my opinion he would comfortably fit into argyles squad especially in the manner he punished siep and timar in the recent friendly at bolitho park this week, and based on watching crap like fallon and mclean at home park. so yes i would sign him at truro all day long......

14 goals from 18 appearances NO red cards and just 5 yellow cards for Plymouth Parkway this season, if HE wants it enough the future could be bright for him. No guantee of an automatic place in the Truro City line up, he would be stepping back up the leagues, so needs to WORK.

Should have had a straight RED against Torpoint though. Disgusting challenge on Hicks

Whats up with u Torpoint losers the lad got up ands played the rest of the game unlike the Parkway keeper who had to receive 4 mins attention after an ungamely challenge by a certain Torpoint forward.

Yes but we weren't talking about him were we dullard!! I'm not actually from Torpoint, i was watching that game and felt that challenge deserved a red, just because the lad thankfully got up, it was still a 2 footed lunge! Just my opinion on this particular topic. I actually think Hobbs is an exceptional player and having watched him many times think he should be playing at a higher level,

Whats up with u Torpoint losers the lad got up ands played the rest of the game unlike the Parkway keeper who had to receive 4 mins attention after an ungamely challenge by a certain Torpoint forward.

Yes but we weren't talking about him were we dullard!! I'm not actually from Torpoint, i was watching that game and felt that challenge deserved a red, just because the lad thankfully got up, it was still a 2 footed lunge! Just my opinion on this particular topic. I actually think Hobbs is an exceptional player and having watched him many times think he should be playing at a higher level,

If you want a true reflection on Glyn, go and watch play on weds afternoon for Hoppys Sports in the Devon Wednesday League. There he is under no pressure and just plays to enjoy himself. Totally different charcter and a nice chap to deal with. 2 sides to evry story.

If you want a true reflection on Glyn, go and watch play on weds afternoon for Hoppys Sports in the Devon Wednesday League. There he is under no pressure and just plays to enjoy himself. Totally different charcter and a nice chap to deal with. 2 sides to evry story.

You are absolutely right. As the secretary of Hoppy Sports Glynn does play for extra fitness but more for a laugh as well, as when in possession no one can take it off him. Off the ball he does all he can to win the ball back for the team.

Glyn Hobbs has been in talks with Lee Hodges about a move to Treyew Road but as yet there is no confirmation from the City chairman. Hopefully he will see the benefit of bringing a young talented 'local' player to Truro.

Announced today that Barry Hayles is staying on none contract terms.Will that make a difference?

I notice on the TIGERTALK forums postings from someone who has VERY CLOSE links with the day to day action at Truro City, they ask one question "Who is this Dan Thomas" who invents things Truro City are not aware of, the postings state that they are not aware of Glynn Hobbs so have NO interest, who feeds Dan his info?

Dan why not put those at Truro City out of their misery and reveal who you are and where you get your stories.

Your comment about Jack Stephens is noted but we the fans think Lee Hodges has the experience and knowledge to know what players are the type Truro City should be signing, with Argyle in freefall many of their senior players could become available on a FREE, even that may not interest Truro City a club on the UP.

SO WHO IS DAN THE RUMOUR MAN?

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to Glyn last night in Plymouth who told me that the deal with Truro appears to have fallen through because Barry Hayles has extended his spell. He is still keen to train with the club and continue talks with the management but hasn't heard anything recently. As for Jack Stephens, I don't think talks even got started!

You reckon the deal fallen through dan?

lee hodges is joint manager for argyle development side who play in the devon wednesday league and glyn was one of 2 outstanding players in the whole game, grabbing a couple of goals as well. shane krac the other. but it was a team effort coming from 3 goals down to winning 6-3 and i think lee hodges will be more than happy with how glyn performed against his side so watch this space.

• 2 weeks later...

lee hodges is joint manager for argyle development side who play in the devon wednesday league and glyn was one of 2 outstanding players in the whole game, grabbing a couple of goals as well. shane krac the other. but it was a team effort coming from 3 goals down to winning 6-3 and i think lee hodges will be more than happy with how glyn performed against his side so watch this space.

I think you'll find that KEVIN Hodges looks after the development side, not Lee Hodges.

I think you'll find that KEVIN Hodges looks after the development side, not Lee Hodges.

I was the linesman at the game as well as secretary for the opposition so I think you'll find i know who was manager that day and who was not. KEVIN Hodges helps run the Football In The Community Trust at Argyle as quoted in that link "coach", which assists the manager, but Lee Hodges dedicates his own time to managing their Devon Wednesday League side.

I was the linesman at the game as well as secretary for the opposition so I think you'll find i know who was manager that day and who was not. KEVIN Hodges helps run the Football In The Community Trust at Argyle as quoted in that link "coach", which assists the manager, but Lee Hodges dedicates his own time to managing their Devon Wednesday League side.

If you say so.

Oh for sure Professor and probably higher than the level they play at now. Someone like Barry Hayles, Glyn could learn a few things off, as well as Hayles learning Glyns game. Marcus Martin is also a striker who could get along great with Glyn as well if he is given the chance if Truro do come in for him. It's now time for Glynn to take the chances he gets up higher, though he would be a great loss to Parkway with them high in the League and improving year on year with the good management that they have.

If you say so.

I'll second that. Lee Hodges runs the Devon Wednesday League side, Kevin Hodges runs the 'Development' side, which play against the likes of Duchy college etc. They are two completely different sides.

Oh for sure Professor and probably higher than the level they play at now. Someone like Barry Hayles, Glyn could learn a few things off, as well as Hayles learning Glyns game. Marcus Martin is also a striker who could get along great with Glyn as well if he is given the chance if Truro do come in for him. It's now time for Glynn to take the chances he gets up higher, though he would be a great loss to Parkway with them high in the League and improving year on year with the good management that they have.

Marcus is a central midfielder ya plonker!

With Barry Hayles out for 3 weeks and Yetts and Watto playing despite injuries, now would be a perfect time to bring Hobbs in on a short term loan. Surely, Parkway wouldn't stop him from coming to Truro to play at a higher level for a few weeks. If he's good enough then we should look to sign him. I have heard nothing regarding his potential transfer for a few weeks so fear it is dead in the water.

With Barry Hayles out for 3 weeks and Yetts and Watto playing despite injuries, now would be a perfect time to bring Hobbs in on a short term loan. Surely, Parkway wouldn't stop him from coming to Truro to play at a higher level for a few weeks. If he's good enough then we should look to sign him. I have heard nothing regarding his potential transfer for a few weeks so fear it is dead in the water.

Has April Fools Day come early this year? - HOBBS at Truro - Never

City are TOP of the League you don't experiment with players from THREE grades lower

at a time you are embarking on three of the hardest away games in the league programme,

there is a team spirit at Truro, the last thing needed is to bring in anyone who has

been reported as carrying excessive baggage from things gone by.

There is more to team success than those 90 minutes on the pitch.