Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 24/10 results

Cornwall Sunday Cup

MPad Utd. 1 Crowntown with Crowan 3 h/t 0-2

On paper an absolute shocker losing to the team that are bottom of Division Two and had lost four out of four prior to today's game. Shame football isn't played on paper.

We had our chances to score but failed to take them, unlike Crowntown who were two up at the break. I felt we should have dealt with the first one - poor marking at a corner let them in, but the second was well taken and left Graham Griffiths with very little chance.

Second half I thought we played better, but too many times the final ball or pass went astray and we missed several chances that a couple of weeks ago we would have buried. Darren Griffiths did pull one back with ten minutes to go with a great finish after a good move down the right, but it was all in vain as Crowntown grabbed their third with a cool finish after we were caught chasing the game.

There was an argument that play should have been stopped after Ben Manley was injured in a tackle, especially when we'd kicked the ball out of play for a similar incident a few moments earlier, but the Crowntown forward simply played to the whistle and kept his cool.

Good luck to Crowntown in the next round and back to the drawing board for us after a second successive defeat. We need to get back to what we were doing well in our first four games.

Cornwall Sunday Cup

On paper an absolute shocker losing to the team that are bottom of Division Two and had lost four out of four prior to today's game. Shame football isn't played on paper.

We had our chances to score but failed to take them, unlike Crowntown who were two up at the break. I felt we should have dealt with the first one - poor marking at a corner let them in, but the second was well taken and left Graham Griffiths with very little chance.

Second half I thought we played better, but too many times the final ball or pass went astray and we missed several chances that a couple of weeks ago we would have buried. Darren Griffiths did pull one back with ten minutes to go with a great finish after a good move down the right, but it was all in vain as Crowntown grabbed their third with a cool finish after we were caught chasing the game.

There was an argument that play should have been stopped after Ben Manley was injured in a tackle, especially when we'd kicked the ball out of play for a similar incident a few moments earlier, but the Crowntown forward simply played to the whistle and kept his cool.

Good luck to Crowntown in the next round and back to the drawing board for us after a second successive defeat. We need to get back to what we were doing well in our first four games.

Crap game and crap result. Well done to crowntown for there win. We got what we deserved. There 3rd goal was a bit dodgy but dont know if there striker was aware of our injured player. Probably wouldnt ve made much difference anyway and nobody says you must stop, wasnt a head injury.

Crowntowns 2 strikers won the game for them, they were a handful, we simply didnt take our chances

Cornwall Sunday Cup

I confess that this was a sweet result. Many of our players still remember an Mpad player crowing on this forum when we were absolutely stuffed last season. Then we had 10 men and no real keeper. Today we had a side that was determined to give a good account of themselves. And they did.

The "you should have kicked the ball out of play, we did" call doesn't really stand inspection. It would have been extraordinary for the forward, one-on -one with the keeper, to have stopped and kicked the ball out of play - rather different from a situation in your first third - with nowhere much to go. Anyway the forward was hardly looking behind him to see what was going on! That was the ref's call.

Sorry that Ben was injured. I hope it doesn't turn out as serious a knee injury as it appeared.

Well done the Crowntown lads. A deserved and welcome win. Especial thanks to Stuffy for his efforts in goal.

sounds to me like crowntown were out to give ben a kicking after his comments some time ago

everyone is entitled to voice there opinion even if you lot didnt like what he said

there is no need to go and injure the player, think its pretty sad he is a 17 year old boy and you never liked his comments so you go out to kick him. get well soon ben.

sounds to me like crowntown were out to give ben a kicking after his comments some time ago

everyone is entitled to voice there opinion even if you lot didnt like what he said

there is no need to go and injure the player, think its pretty sad he is a 17 year old boy and you never liked his comments so you go out to kick him. get well soon ben.

Unbelievable! Absolutely disgraceful comment. No one "gave Ben a kicking". He twisted his knee. Were you there? If so, you should realise how offensive your comment is. You should be totally ashamed of yourself. I cannot recall a single foul against Ben in the whole game. Maybe worth mentioning that Ben was cautioned in the first half for his play.

Ben made his comments last year and probably regretted making them. That was it. End of. A Crowntown player carried Ben from the pitch to a car. No Crowntown player has ever tried to "go and injure a player". If they did, they would never pull on a Crowntown shirt again - and my players know that.

As I said earlier, I, and all the Crowntown players, sincerely hope that Ben's injury is not too bad.

I await an apology but am not holding my breath.

Unbelievable! Absolutely disgraceful comment. No one "gave Ben a kicking". He twisted his knee. Were you there? If so, you should realise how offensive your comment is.

Ben made his comments last year and probably regretted making them. That was it. End of. You should be totally ashamed of yourself.A Crowntown player carried Ben from the pitch to a car. No Crowntown player has ever or will ever "go and injure a player". If they did, they would never pull on a Crowntown shirt again - and my players know that.

I doubt any players were out to get Ben although i have to say he does get a lot of rough treatment on the pitch. This is maybe because he is slightly arrogant (being polite) as he is a good player for his age but also that players often cant keep up with him. On the flip side Ben does dish out a lot on the pitch himself. With time a very good player in the making, well done Ben.

I didnt see enough of the incident to say whether it was a foul or not. As for not kicking the ball out all i would say is that the pass to the striker came from the tackle on Ben and so the move went by an injured player. I wouldnt blame the striker, he wouldnt have known what was going on. unsporting??? people will have different opinions and maybe shouldt air them on here. As ive said before it probably wouldnt have mattered anyway. This is all as a result of Crowntown being more up for the game than we were and were good value for there win

i wont apologise for my comment

i am just saying how it looks to me i may be right and i may be wrong but thats how it seems to me like i said earlier everyone is entitled to voice there opinion

I didn't think for a moment that you would apologise. Totally ignorant. Isn't the word "bigot" - having an opinion that has no basis in reality, refusal to consider that you're wrong?

"It looks to me". Were you at the match? If not then you bloody well aren't entitled to an opinion.

Camborne Park 3 - 4 Malabar United (HT 0-1, FT 3-3, AET 3-4)

Great result with lots of action. Camborne Park going down to 10 men in second half.

Malabar Showed Great Spirit to come back from 3-1 down in second half.

Overall Malabar deserved the win but Camborne Park gave us a good game.

Ref was Brilliant today. Nigel Nicholls has to be the best ref we've had so far this season! 10/10

Divison 2

Tremough2 2 PZ Astropark 3

Wasn't at the game (again), but sounds like it was well contested and a decent match. Tremough led twice but apparently we should've scored a few more with better finishing. Great result with the bare 11 players again which puts us a few points clear at the top, halfway (!) through the season. Cheers to Tremough and the ref. Another good win lads, nice one!

Astro scorers:

Corey Howes

Calvin Goodwin

Jolon Williams

Unbelievable! Absolutely disgraceful comment. No one "gave Ben a kicking". He twisted his knee. Were you there? If so, you should realise how offensive your comment is.

Ben made his comments last year and probably regretted making them. That was it. End of. You should be totally ashamed of yourself.A Crowntown player carried Ben from the pitch to a car. No Crowntown player has ever or will ever "go and injure a player". If they did, they would never pull on a Crowntown shirt again - and my players know that.

I doubt any players were out to get Ben although i have to say he does get a lot of rough treatment on the pitch. This is maybe because he is slightly arrogant (being polite) as he is a good player for his age but also that players often cant keep up with him. On the flip side Ben does dish out a lot on the pitch himself. With time a very good player in the making, well done Ben.

I didnt see enough of the incident to say whether it was a foul or not. As for not kicking the ball out all i would say is that the pass to the striker came from the tackle on Ben and so the move went by an injured player. I wouldnt blame the striker, he wouldnt have known what was going on. unsporting??? people will have different opinions and maybe shouldt air them on here. As ive said before it probably wouldnt have mattered anyway. This is all as a result of Crowntown being more up for the game than we were and were good value for there win

A superb performance by Crowntown; definately the best I've seen from the club - as Bill Lamin has stated this result may well kick start our season. We were all fired up for this game following the beating & the comments that followed in a league game last season.

Pete Lamin who played like a Ryan Giggs in his prime throughout on the left wing smashed home the opener from close range when MPad failed to clear a corner; Dan Olver added a second on the half hour when his 30 yard piledriver flew into the bottom corner. Ben Manley was booked for his 2nd two-footed tackle of the game as MPad were clearly rocked by the superb first half showing from Crowntown.

After the break MPad had a lot of possesion & to their credit threw the kitchen sink at Crowntown but the away team were in no mood to surrender the lead with Stuffy in goal solid throughout & Woodman marshalling the Crowntown backline superbly. On the break Drew & Marles were a real threat & Crowntown could have been awarded a penalty when Marles was upended in the box; Pete Lamin could have helped Drew seal the game had his square ball been better. MPad missed a couple of guilt edged chances to pull a goal back & were rewarded for their pressure when Darren Griffiths who probably hoped that the game didn't go to penalties after the one he scuffed at Crowntown last season fired home a superb volley from the edge of the area given Stuffy little chance.

With only a couple of minutes left on the clock a hard but fair 50/50 resulted in a Crowntown break & Olver round the keeper to seal the victory. Ben Manley was left injured as a result of the original tackle; whoever suggested this was our intention should start writing fiction novels as not one Crowntown player would ever intentially hurt an opposition player.

Anyway bring on the next round; Tremough away would be good! :thumbsup:

A superb performance by Crowntown; definately the best I've seen from the club - as Bill Lamin has stated this result may well kick start our season. We were all fired up for this game following the beating & the comments that followed in a league game last season.

MPad missed a couple of guilt edged chances to pull a goal back & were rewarded for their pressure when Darren Griffiths who probably hoped that the game didn't go to penalties after the one he scuffed at Crowntown last season fired home a superb volley from the edge of the area

It was a good performance by crowntown. Dont really know how many senior of different players you had in but that team shouldnt be bottom of div 2 or wherever you are. That team each week would push for promotion. Im guessing extra players were brought in for the game,i hope it will kick start your season. Never nice to be struggling

As for not wanting penalty shoot outs idve loved them. Have missed 4 pens in nearly 20 years. As a 20 stone goalkeeper i relish the challenge. Have saved plenty myself aswell. The one i missed last year was an awful pen but was taken in a pit about 6 inches deep with about a foot of grass all around. oh and we were always going to cruise that game anyway and i had an idiot shouting abuse on the touchline all game.

As i said on the pitch, c u in fal hel div 1 soon but oh no..........where do u play?? i mentioned ur silly comments on here on sunday hoping u wouldnt put anything but hey ho. You let me score on sunday, im a goalkeeper who cant even run outfield these days, where did you go???

To the rest of crowntown, congratulations on your win and best of luck for the rest of the season. If you put that team out every week we may see you in div 1 next year ( if we are still there).

It really was a great team display on Sunday from a crowntown team determined to get the result after last season and the team that showed up on Sunday was the same one that plays week in week out with no ringers in unlike MPad!!!

MPad missed a couple of guilt edged chances to pull a goal back & were rewarded for their pressure when Darren Griffiths who probably hoped that the game didn't go to penalties after the one he scuffed at Crowntown last season fired home a superb volley from the edge of the area

It was a good performance by crowntown. Dont really know how many senior of different players you had in but that team shouldnt be bottom of div 2 or wherever you are. That team each week would push for promotion. Im guessing extra players were brought in for the game,i hope it will kick start your season. Never nice to be struggling

As for not wanting penalty shoot outs idve loved them. Have missed 4 pens in nearly 20 years. As a 20 stone goalkeeper i relish the challenge. Have saved plenty myself aswell. The one i missed last year was an awful pen but was taken in a pit about 6 inches deep with about a foot of grass all around. oh and we were always going to cruise that game anyway and i had an idiot shouting abuse on the touchline all game.

As i said on the pitch, c u in fal hel div 1 soon but oh no..........where do u play?? i mentioned ur silly comments on here on sunday hoping u wouldnt put anything but hey ho. You let me score on sunday, im a goalkeeper who cant even run outfield these days, where did you go???

To the rest of crowntown, congratulations on your win and best of luck for the rest of the season. If you put that team out every week we may see you in div 1 next year ( if we are still there).

I never said you had ringers in and they wouldnt be ringers anyway as you can have senior players. As for us, we only had Graham in goal who will be back playing for us in the league in 2 weeks time. Im not quite sure what you lot are on at times. Ive said best of luck for the rst of the season and have stated that if that team plays every week you will do well. Ive said you deserved the win sunday and were the better team

Yet im slated yet again about a penalty miss last year and now apparently we played ringers. Wind your necks in and get on and enjoy your sunday football.

When we played you lot last season it was an awful game. I got nothing but abuse from the touchline for whatever reason. Most of the players were ok this time but so many silly comments. I almost gave up after last game and that may well be me done now. This is suppose to be fun.

Again, good luck in the next round

Only pulling your leg about the penalty! I play Duchy 1 on Saturday's - so similar to FHL 1 but East of Cornwall!

It really was a great team display on Sunday from a crowntown team determined to get the result after last season and the team that showed up on Sunday was the same one that plays week in week out with no ringers in unlike MPad!!!

Dan87 - I'd be interested to know about the 'ringers' we supposedly played. Perhaps you'd care to enlighten me......

Dan87 - I'd be interested to know about the 'ringers' we supposedly played. Perhaps you'd care to enlighten me......

certainatly i will, the guy who played left wing in the second half told me he doesnt usally play for u and that he plays combo but cant remember who he said he plays for though

certainatly i will, the guy who played left wing in the second half told me he doesnt usally play for u and that he plays combo but cant remember who he said he plays for though

ok woodmanaldo, forgive and forget and all that. ill get you a pint if we play you again. Dan i think Lee Miller played left midfield although i maybe corrected. Hes played all season but in goal so your definately barking up the wrong tree again. It may also have been Will. That i think was his 1st or 2nd game of the season but has been a squad member for a long time. We are just fortunate to have a lot of players to call on. I wouldnt be surprised if we played around 30 different players tghis year. Mark, was it Lee who played left wing?? Graham in goal has played 3 senior games but is still a junior player. We have too many players now and so wouldnt need to call on " ringers ".

Having referee-ed MPad twice this season before Sunday's match,i can confirm that there were no "ringers" in that team.The same can be said for Crowntown so time to move on guys.

I felt that Crowntown wanted to win more than MPad on the day and gave their all.Some good goals,the free-kick left Graham rooted to the spot but Darren's controlled sidefoot into the top corner of the net was a superb finish and gave Stuffy(?) no chance.

The player that you are talking about could have been Pete Brewer who played wide left in the second half.

I would hardly call Pete Brewer a ringer!

As for the kicking the ball out issue................

Being 2 down when a Crowntown player was injured and we could of broke away we put the ball out.

And he he got up pretty quick.

When the Mpad player got hurt (in Crowntowns half, yelled in pain and had to be carried off) the ball wasnt put out.

Regardless of the score, acts of sportsmanship must surely go both ways.

No doubt the two teams will meet again in the future and once more be an interesting game.

Im sure a team as talented as Crowntown will go far in the county cup and I look forward to their forthcoming match reports.

Having referee-ed MPad twice this season before Sunday's match,i can confirm that there were no "ringers" in that team.The same can be said for Crowntown so time to move on guys.

I felt that Crowntown wanted to win more than MPad on the day and gave their all.Some good goals,the free-kick left Graham rooted to the spot but Darren's controlled sidefoot into the top corner of the net was a superb finish and gave Stuffy(?) no chance.

The player that you are talking about could have been Pete Brewer who played wide left in the second half.

It was Pete who played left wing in second half and he has been with us all season.

1 big win and crowntown think they are good

ha ha hope mpad get you again it will be a tasty match

You are a total Muppet. Where does anyone from Crowntown say that they "think they are good."? Do you make everything up? Perhaps you could be the next Enid Blyton. Away with the fairies.

Crowntown were better on the day than Mpad. That's all.

Better? Maybe. We hit the post twice and missed a few chances.

However your No.15 was a real handful and had a good game.

But Mpad were the more sporting team and you can hardly argue with that Bill.

Perhaps we shall take Crowntowns much coveted 'sporting behaviour' trophy this season?

But Mpad were the more sporting team and you can hardly argue with that Bill.

Perhaps we shall take Crowntowns much coveted 'sporting behaviour' trophy this season?

'course I could argue. Unfortunately, hitting the post isn't one of the aims of the game and gets you - nothing. 3 actual goals to one goal. I also think that Mpad edged it on the cards?

The sporting trophy? Go for it! It's time some other team had the bloody thing.

BUT last season, Crowntown ave 9.31, Mpad 8.57 - That's some big improvement needed! Already this season we're 0.25 ahead.