Cornwall Football Forum

FOOTBALL KIT STOLEN

Nemesis

If anyone is offered upto 7 Yellow & Blue long sleeved Errea Football kits, please contact us at NEWQUAYAFC@GMAIL.COM. The delivery van of Fed-Ex has been broken into and half of the new Newquay AFC away kit, paid for by 2 supporters, has been stolen. A picture of the short sleeved version of the shirt is attached.

Thank you.

What was it doing in a "delivery van"?

As Fed-Ex only deliver Mon-Fri 9-5.30pm when most honest tax payers are at work, I got the customary card saying "we can re-deliver at a time when you won't be home or you can travel to the edge of Cornwall and pick it up from our Pennygilliam depot"

I asked for the kit to be re-delivered next monday after requesting time off, only to get a call saying the Van driver didn't return to depot and parked up outside his house overnight. Thanks to the non compliant employee and some thieving scumbag, more money has had to be spent at a different website to buy more expensive sets of kit, the originals being on special offer end of line clearance items.

It will take months for the money to be claimed back via the sports company Insurers, but a promise to the club is still a promise, new kit has been ordered this afternoon and I'm on a diet (yes I know I need to anyway, thanks) to pay for it.

I doubt the kit would be of much use to the sh1t who nicked it, so am hoping that it will be dumped and recovered undamaged.

More problems for a club I see it suggested in a local paper earlier in the week that could be £20,000 or so in debt!

How can that be?

Keep up Dave, all that was done to death in the press during the close season. Lies, Lies, Damn statistics and more Lies. I read one report, said the club takings were down £60k this year, amazing considering the club only brings in £85k approx in a financial year.

Anyway, back to the more immediate situation, seen any shiny new yellow and blues shirts and shorts kicking about your local park ?

Keep up Dave, all that was done to death in the press during the close season. Lies, Lies, Damn statistics and more Lies.

Many apologies for being behind times but I don't tend to read the Newquay edition of the Cornish Guardian much during the summer. Nevertheless, how come the paper is still suggesting in this week's edition the club is way in debt if you consider it to be all lies? "Believed to have debts of more than £20,000" is an awful lot of lies!

As for the stolen kit - surely the club must have an old second choice kit it can use until the insurance claim or whatever is settled?