Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday results 5/9

West Cornwall Sunday League

Shortlanesend 4 Culdrose 3 h/t 1-3

Not sure how Culdrose came to lose this game.

Chances weren't put away, shape was lost, fitness went out the window and discipline disappeard! Definitely 3 points lost for Culdrose today instead of 3 points won for SLE.

First game of season, new faces in the squad.. It takes time!

Ladies Result - Div 2 - Newquay Celtic 3 V St Agnes 6.

Great spirited performance from a depleted new Newquay side - thank you for your hospitality!

Thrilled to see 16 year old Kerry Penrose in her first Ladies fixture score for St Agnes - it really demonstrated what its all about!

Newquay Celtic have some great young players and at full strength later in the season will be a force to reckon with!

Great to have a new Ladies side in!

Welcome to St Georges in the Sunday League Div 2. First impressions are that they'll certainly be an asset the the league.

1-0 down after 20 minutes to a Darren Drew goal, they gradually sorted their game and equalised with a fine header from a corner at 40 minutes. Crowntown's missed chances in the first half an hour began to look expensive!

Straight after half time a cracking top corner shot from outside the box put St George's 2- 1 up and., after that, it was serious defending from Crowntown.

One deflected goal from a corner and an elegant own goal confirmed the 1 -4 result.

Great credit to both sides for a sporting, hard fought game with no problems for ref Dave Baxter, who marked both teams 9 out of 10

St Georges had some quality players on display and will certainly do well in Division 2. And, as one of the Crowntown players remarked "This team could challenge us for the sporting trophy"

Chances weren't put away, shape was lost, fitness went out the window and discipline disappeard! Definitely 3 points lost for Culdrose today instead of 3 points won for SLE.

Bit harsh on Shortlanesend I think. I was stood (getting soaked!!) watching the game and I thought they did ever so well to turn things around considering they were 3-1 down. True, Culdrose might have lost their way a bit, but lets give credit where it's due!

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Bit harsh on Shortlanesend I think. I was stood (getting soaked!!) watching the game and I thought they did ever so well to turn things around considering they were 3-1 down. True, Culdrose might have lost their way a bit, but lets give credit where it's due!

Certainly not taking anything away from SLE... But at 3-1 up.. You gotta defend that and win that game.. Credit where credit is due, Any team that can come from a few goals down to win a game gets a thumbs up from me and I imagine everyone else on the forum :)

Despite the conditions, there was some good footy too :D :thumbsup:

Certainly not taking anything away from SLE... But at 3-1 up.. You gotta defend that and win that game.. Credit where credit is due, Any team that can come from a few goals down to win a game gets a thumbs up from me and I imagine everyone else on the forum :)

Despite the conditions, there was some good footy too :D:thumbsup:

It was a good game of football,well contested but in a sporting manner.Both teams received good marks from me.

Culdose dominated the first half and appeared to be running away with the game but Shortlanesend came out with a different spirit in the second half.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season and look forward to seeing you both again.

Guest beckster hall

Cornwall Womens League Division 2

Mullion 5- St Blazey 0

Great performance for the girls. Very very impressed! Roll on St Agnes next week!! :thumbsup::clapper::thumbsup:

cheers tim was good roll on st agnes will be a harder game tho :)