Cornwall Football Forum

East cornwall league Results - Saturday Sept 4th 2010

Sticker 5-1 Tavistock

Good performance from Sticker today, Sticker were 3 up within 20 minutes as they raced out of the blocks with two goals from Chris Kitson layed on by Andrew Butler and Ben Rosevear and a well worked team goal by Jordan Dingle from a Jason Rogers cross. After half time Tavistock rallied well and got a goal back after Sticker gave the ball away deep in their own half. A rocket free kick from 25 yards from Lewis Prince stopped the mini revival in its tracks and restored Sticker to the ascendency on 55 minutes. A bullet header from Ben rosevear wrapped up the win on 70 minutes.

A good result for Sticker against a good Tavistock outfit.

To be fair Probus were never out of the game until 2-0 in the 67th minute, but mainly because we missed a hatful of chances...could / should have been at least four or five by half time.

Paul Cox was always lively up front for Probus, but although Jack Dixon (and yes that is Torpoint's ECPL keeper from last season) made two good saves, apart from commanding his area from crosses, etc He was rarely troubled unduly.

With regard to the comments about the age of the squad today....Used 13 players of which SEVEN were 20 or under and when you bear in mind we had Will Westlake, Kev Bowden and Gavin West who are all 31 the average age of the players used today was under 23.

Kilkhampton 0 St Blazey 4

very good result for the greens today, against an unbeaten Kilkhampton side with 9 points on the board already. One nil at half time shooting up the hill, second half was fairly even until the last twenty minutes when fitness shone through. not many teams will come to kilkhampton and take points, as they are all big lads, who are organised and love a challenge. Only had 13 players today, suspensions, holidays and injuries meant key players missing and others playing in foreign positions. good result. St Teath away next week.

Scorers: Boon, Bird(2), Cole

St Teath 4 Liskeard 2

Another very poor first half performance from Liskeard gave the game to St Teath. Much improved second half but it seemed that the game was already over! Credit to St Teath for sticking to the task and shutting down the midfield quickly, and for taking the few chances on offer.

Looking for a good training session to put things right and a run of 7 home games to get some more points on the board.

i think the correct spelling is sleeman and he in fact played 14 of 30 league games last season and he is the torpoint goalie i remember from last year. i have been impressed with what i have seen of him. however obviously two promising young goalkeepers, who would be number if they where both their now and the decision was in cardews hands? how come jack dixon has left saltash so soon?

Morwenstow 0 St Stephens Borough 6

J. Walton Gould 3, A. Wright 2, S. Fort 1

Unfortunately this good result for Borough was marred by a broken leg for one their players jon Savagar. This was his first season back after breaking the same leg a couple of seasons ago. Hopefully he will make a full recovery soon.

A good game played fairly by both teams and the tackle that caused the break was not deliberate andnot malicious

Good luck to Morwenstow for the rest of the season

i think the correct spelling is sleeman and he in fact played 14 of 30 league games last season and he is the torpoint goalie i remember from last year. i have been impressed with what i have seen of him. however obviously two promising young goalkeepers, who would be number if they where both their now and the decision was in cardews hands? how come jack dixon has left saltash so soon?

i think jack went to saltash 1st team last year after there keeper moved on, but saltash signed spider in pre season and also ahev dan pen collings in the 2nds so there have 2 very good experienced keepers already there, so guessing jack didnt get much of a look in this season??

Guest boy wonder

I thought James Sleeman was in goal last season for Torpoint 2nds, atleast he was every time i saw them? I know he is this season...

Jack Dixon was with Torpoint 2nd for two thirds of the 2009/10 season. Seaman came up from the Dutchy side once

Jack had moved to Saltash.

I heard james sleeman came in for jack dixon when jack dixon was injured

James sleeman did a good job while jack dixon was injured and they were both looking for the number 1 jersey when jack dixon was back fully fit.

jack dixon didnt like the competition so got mr dixon senior to find him another club

thats when saltash 1st team had no keeper and needed a keeper and thats where jack dixon came in

NOT sure if thats 100% truth mind you

I thought James Sleeman was in goal last season for Torpoint 2nds, atleast he was every time i saw them? I know he is this season...

Jack Dixon was with Torpoint 2nd for two thirds of the 2009/10 season. Seaman came up from the Dutchy side once

James sleeman did a good job while jack dixon was injured and they were both looking for the number 1 jersey when jack dixon was back fully fit.

jack dixon didnt like the competition so got mr dixon senior to find him another club

thats when saltash 1st team had no keeper and needed a keeper and thats where jack dixon came in

Are you talking about 'Jack Dixon' here? I'm not sure it's been made clear who your talking about

Guest boy wonder

Are you talking about 'Jack Dixon' here? I'm not sure it's been made clear who your talking about

what im trying to say is jack dixon left when he had competition from james sleeman

Jack Dixon did not leave and then james sleeman came in

At the end of the day james seaman is torpoints number 1!! And doing great job..

From what ive seen hes done a good job there slotting into an excellent team and hes only young! Amongst established players such as duncan duthie, darren wills and guy powney he should learn alot! He can obviously still improve but with seaman in his blood i believe he is one to watch!