Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 04/09/10

Guest Bundiwilliams

Division 1

portreath 3-2 constantine

i would love to say it was a great game but if i am honest we were pulled into a dog fight, scrappy game in the end, afew faces not performing, one being me.

we scored in first 5 minutes, jason fenton scoring at back post with a fine header, there first goal was a gift, we passed back to goalie and our goalie had a made thought that he could actually play football, took on there striker who got the ball and scored.

we took our second goal before half time, a perfect cross from dave bartlam for jamie mooney to score at the back post from another header.

half time portreath 2-1 constantine

alot better second half, constantine scored when there young right winger crossed the ball and managed to squeeze it in the far corner over the keeper.

last 10 minutes were all portreath with constantine trying to hit us on the counter attack, but with two minutes to go, SAM FENTON picks up the ball on the edge of the box takes on one defender and hits it into the bottom corner.

a special mention goes out to SAM FENTON and CHRIS PROUT(rusty) both playing there first game for the gulls and both having a huge impact in the game, rusty's and bartlams pace upfront was always a threat today and sams ability on the ball was spot on.

ANOTHER 3 POINTS and THE GULLS go marching on!!!!!!!

FHL DIV ONE

CARHARRACK (0)0

FAL ALBION (3)5

We looked like a team who played a tough game in midweek but credit to Albion with their speed and movement they were top notch and i think every goal flew into the top corner! sorry lost count of the scorers? footy and minto had some great strikes i remember? we kept the same team that won 6-2 at Mawnan in the week! funny old game football!!! Don't think Albion will be too far away with this team.Nice easy one against Athletic away on wednesday night with a few players unavailable :(

I have to agree with rappo!! Albion looked good yesterday!! Id say a key person in this was the white patrick veira in the middle of the park, rj. Played very well. I enjoyed it up front and was glad to get a goal. But some off footys goals were top notch. I think we have a good shout at the league this year.

Dan bucks for england

With no games for both Fal Ath sides this weekend due to St Keverne and Marazion not being able to field squads was a perfect opportunity to get the two squads together for an intrasquad friendly. Was a 5-0 victory to Fal Ath 1sts with myself missing a golden chance from the penalty spot when i kicked it straight down the middle giving the keeper an easy save and a clean sheet to the firsts!