Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Tue 31st August

Falmouth Town Reserves (Andy Westgarth 3, Jake Harvey 2, Luke Wort) 6-1 Holman SC (Jamie Cooper)

Att - 40

Illogan RBL (Ben Widdershoven, Matt Calloway) 2-0 Pendeen Rovers

Att - 45

Mullion (Graham Cook) 1-1 Perranwell (Dominic Pullen)

Att - 60

Newquay Reserves 0-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (David Broglino)

Att - 53

Penzance Reserves (Ryan Andrew, Ross Badcock, Joe Chadwick) 3-0 Ludgvan

Att - 73

St Agnes (Tom Benney 4, Alec Penrose, Mike Burn, OG) 7-1 Porthleven Reserves (???)

Att - 50

St Just (Tom Mannering 2, Jowan May) 3-1 St Ives Town (Max Davis)

Att - 40

Troon (Danny Claypit, Ashley Smeeth, OG) 3-1 Hayle Reserves (Danny Jewell)

Att - 34

Wendron United (Adam Barnicoat 2) 2-1 St Day (Duane Britton)

Att - 33

Wed 1st September

RNAS Culdrose (Stephen Hughes) 1-7 Helston Athletic (Mark Goldworthy 3, Terry Rowe 2, Jason Roberton, Joe Perran)

Att - 20

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

ILLOGAN RBL 4 4 0 0 10 0 10 12

ST JUST 4 4 0 0 12 5 7 12

PERRANWELL 4 3 1 0 13 2 11 10

HELSTON ATHLETIC 4 3 0 1 12 5 7 9

ST AGNES 4 2 1 1 15 4 11 7

ST DAY 4 2 1 1 14 3 11 7

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 3 2 0 1 12 6 6 6

PENDEEN ROVERS 4 2 0 2 10 7 3 6

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 3 2 0 1 4 2 2 6

TROON 4 2 0 2 8 8 0 6

WENDRON CC UNITED 4 2 0 2 11 12 -1 6

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 3 1 1 1 3 8 -5 4

HAYLE RESERVES 4 1 1 2 5 11 -6 4

ST IVES TOWN 4 1 0 3 4 8 -4 3

PENZANCE RESERVES 3 1 0 2 4 11 -7 3

MULLION 3 0 1 2 2 10 -8 1

NEWQUAY RESERVES 3 0 0 3 1 5 -4 0

RNAS CULDROSE 1 0 0 1 1 7 -6 0

LUDGVAN 3 0 0 3 1 8 -7 0

HOLMAN SC 4 0 0 4 5 25 -20 0

Fantastic performance by Mullion tonight, we held our own against Perranwell, and could have won the game ourselves. Goalscorer was Graham Cook with a sublime chip over the on-rushing keeper, roughly 20-25 yards out.

Just a note on the referee, i thought he was brilliant tonight, not quite sure on the name though

Newquay Res 0 - 1 Penryn Res

Penryn scoring in the 99th min, Larry Marsh still getting his watches from A. Ferguson Timepeices of Manchester.

Great game by two very young sides, a draw would have been the right result and had it been just the 3 or 4 mins max injury time, then no one would have moaned at 0-0. Well done to both sides who kept the 53 freezing cold supporters (a lot of whom were freebies tonight) entertained.

I thought the scorers were Ben Widershoven and Matt Calloway

Definitely the game I watched this evening had these two scoring.

Ben Widershoven scored with a shot from just outside the penalty area, ending up in the corner of the Pendeen net midway through the first half. After the half-time break, Matt Calloway headed home from close range as Dan Bowman's effort was touched onto the cross-bar.

Newly promoted Pendeen aren't going to be anyone's pushover on this evening's performance, however Illogan did have a few regular names out and so makes their result look even more impressive. I was concerned about how quiet their skipper Aaron Clarke was - not the usual 'driving-on' character tonight!

Penryns scorer was David (gerrard) Broglino.

Not a great game to be honest by Penryns standards, but 3 points is 3 points!

Very young and talented side down Newquay this year which im sure will cause a few upsets.

All the best for the season from all at Penryn

FIFI D

:c:

Jowan's stay at Penryn didn't last very long then!

Jowans stay never lasts long at anywhere!! He'll be back at Gulval soon!!

Ah be fair Chris!! You could come up and watch him sometime now you've retired! GEt the bowls out old bean, much better for those knees... :D

Fantastic performance by Mullion tonight, we held our own against Perranwell, and could have won the game ourselves. Goalscorer was Graham Cook with a sublime chip over the on-rushing keeper, roughly 20-25 yards out.

Just a note on the referee, i thought he was brilliant tonight, not quite sure on the name though

Ref was Nigel Nicholls [brilliant] ?

Thought you,d of mentioned your linesman,i bet his class mates loved him at school,expect he had his hand up all the time to answer questions. :clapper::c: :c: :c: :c:

Thought you,d of mentioned your linesman,i bet his class mates loved him at school,expect he had his hand up all the time to answer questions. :clapper::c: :c: :c: :c:

Sounds like sour grapes 'Well 66', you cant win them all. Maybe your forwards should go back to class and learn the offside rule properly :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sounds like sour grapes 'Well 66', you cant win them all. Maybe your forwards should go back to class and learn the offside rule properly :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not sure about our players not knowing the offside rule but your linesman is the one who needs to learn the rule could be worth a good few points come end of season :SM_carton:

Jowan's stay at Penryn didn't last very long then!

Jowans stay never lasts long at anywhere!! He'll be back at Gulval soon!!

Ah be fair Chris!! You could come up and watch him sometime now you've retired! GEt the bowls out old bean, much better for those knees... :D

My knees are knackered from carrying you for all those years Jonny!! :thumbsup: And bowls aint for me, decided on taking up golf instead!! Keep up the good start to the season mate

'The well 66' you should get ur facts right before you go running your mouth off!! Our lino Graham Allen has played a higher standard than most players could dream of and i think you'll find if you ask anyone from any standard of cornish football they'll tell you what an honest bloke he is!

so does playing a high standard make him a good linesman then? i felt he needed to take a bit more time . On 3 or 4 occasions the flag went up as soon as the ball was played irrelevant to whether players were stationary or coming back from an offside position and not interfearing with other players running through from midfield. When i have done the line in the past i have been told to let play develop before putting the flag up. Had your lino done this Perran could have potentially had 3 and 4 one on ones. How the referee missed the handball late on i do not know, even the Mullion players were laughing, overall i thought he had a pretty inconsistant game with respect to fouls and bookings too.

overall though Mullion put up a good fight, and Perran didnt take their chances!

so does playing a high standard make him a good linesman then? i felt he needed to take a bit more time . On 3 or 4 occasions the flag went up as soon as the ball was played irrelevant to whether players were stationary or coming back from an offside position and not interfearing with other players running through from midfield. When i have done the line in the past i have been told to let play develop before putting the flag up. Had your lino done this Perran could have potentially had 3 and 4 one on ones. How the referee missed the handball late on i do not know, even the Mullion players were laughing, overall i thought he had a pretty inconsistant game with respect to fouls and bookings too.

overall though Mullion put up a good fight, and Perran didnt take their chances!

he was saying that he played a high level and asking people who know him about how HONEST he was not saying how a good player makes a good lino. At this level, linos give up their time to help us play football so let them do their job! The same old rant about how he cost us the game etc etc will be heard on this forum all season long by many people who expect to beat a 'lower' team and dont get the result they expect. The fact that the perranwell players were shouting at the ref, calling him by his first name(not really the done thing at football i dont think) and number 7 (did he ever shut up??) continually whinging im sure you made a rod for your own back boys.

Im not here to rant about it. It was a fair game of football, two good sides and on balance of things draw was a good result. See you down your place for another hotly contested match im sure :smiley20:

Here here !! he put his flag up when Luke Brabyn was on the floor for handball, but when the Mullion player did

inside the penalty area he did not!! i saw both and he gave one!! and yes he was a good player but a little

biased to say the least!!

I do agree with everything cmj221 has said also ..Re bookings :SM_carton_y:

'The well 66' you should get ur facts right before you go running your mouth off!! Our lino Graham Allen has played a higher standard than most players could dream of and i think you'll find if you ask anyone from any standard of cornish football they'll tell you what an honest bloke he is!

OLDMAN Yes Graham was agood player ,but the offside rule,s have changed since then.It,s nothing to do with getting my facts right,my eyes were good enough to see the decision,s he was making.

Wendron United (Adam Barnicoat 2) 2-1 St Day (Duane Britton)

St Day certainly didn't get their moneys worth down at Wendron ;)

I thought Adam Barniocat use to play for St Day. Whats the saying "Once a saint always a saint" Then he scored two past them. :lol:

Are you suggesting he should of missed deliberately? ;) joking i am !

If barny tried to miss he would of probably sliced them in the top corner!!!

I took a trip down to Mullion on Tuesday to watch the Well play against Mullion, and to be quite honest a draw was a fair result Mullion dominated the first half and could off easily had two penalties, one of which would of resulted in a red card for the Well keeper. Second half was dominated by Perranwell and they deserved to get a equaliser and could of and should of gone on to win, I do agree some of the decisions made by the Mullion linesman were very tight.

One incident that happened in the first half that spoilt the game for me was a gentleman on the far side of the pitch asked one of the Perranwell players I think it was Frazer to keep controll of his bad language as children were playing,at which point Dominic Pullen decided to run nearly the lenght of the pitch to throw insults and shout at the old boy, of course all in language they should'nt be repeated, by the way I should point out he is the Captain of Perranwell.

I'm sure if one of the older supporters from Perranwell asked a Mullion player to watch is language and then received a torrent of abuse from the Mullion skipper they would'nt be happy and I really felt for this guy who probally won't bother to go to another game.

Thought Mr Baxter had a good game at St Just v St Ives...don't agree with earlier post.

Good start from the Tinners despite having to play against the Fixture Secretary as well as the opposition every week.....accordingly, much cheering from Gloucestershire !

Keep it going against Mullion today ! :clapper:

should have won in the last minute anyways!

shoulda woulda coulda :)

forgetting the if buts and maybes think we should say well done to mullion for earning a good point :) :)

im sure either way whoever finishes above perranwell will win the league

yeh have said that all along mate