Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 28/08/10

Guest tractor boys

A completely new look Chacewater Reserves went down by nine goals to nil at one of the Mining League Division Two favourites West Cornwall.

Although we were very close to withdrawing from the league a couple of weeks ago,the appointment of new manager Paul Chadwick has seen an influx of players and there are more in the pipeline which will certainly strengthen the squad.We resisted the chance to play the first team in this game,which we could have done as they are signed,and the second team players responded by working hard for Paul.

We have a hard start to the season but will get through it and our fortunes will then start to improve quickly.

A great deal of time,effort and money has been spent on improving the club's pitch and facilities this summer by club members and i am sure that this work will be welcomed by visiting teams and officials.

Guest the.nexus

9 goals...perhaps the re-building needs to start with the goalie, who waqs it and did he play well soccer follower? any names in the pipeline or do i have to watch sky sports news?

9 goals...perhaps the re-building needs to start with the goalie, who waqs it and did he play well soccer follower? any names in the pipeline or do i have to watch sky sports news?

I am unable to comment on the goalkeeper's performance as i am 200 miles away! I spoke to the manager and although he was a bit disappointed at the final scoreline,he was pleased with the overall performance.A new team who had not even played a pre-season friendly were only 2-0 down at half-time and three for a long period of the second half.West Cornwall's superior fitness told in the end and we now move on to the next match.

Guest the.nexus

I am unable to comment on the goalkeeper's performance as i am 200 miles away! I spoke to the manager and although he was a bit disappointed at the final scoreline,he was pleased with the overall performance.A new team who had not even played a pre-season friendly were only 2-0 down at half-time and three for a long period of the second half.West Cornwall's superior fitness told in the end and we now move on to the next match.

did the gaffer not comment on the keeper, and that is some commitment soccer follower, are you at reading festival?? ha

Mining 1

Trevenson 1-3 Goonhavern

Good win for us against a new look Trevenson side. We had 8 or so 1st team players missing so was pleasing to get the season off to a winning start, just hope we have more of a squad on Wednesday night when we play TMS (heard they beat Four Lanes 8-2).

We took the lead midway through the first half when Dan Rolison finished well after good work from Sam Waters. Trevenson equalised 15 minutes or so into the second half when their striker and only real threat (Jonny Jones I think) finished well. Sam Waters and Jake Merrifield had chances to score and one of Trevenson's subs hit the bar when well placed. We restored the lead with about 10 minutes remaining when Joe Carlyon scored from the spot at the second attempt - the first penalty was ruled out as Dan Rolison got a bit excited and encroached into the box. Joe Carlyon sealed the win with a free kick from 20 yards.

Also heard Goonhavern reserves won but scoreline and who they beat I don't know.

Newquay 3rd team 2 Trevenson Resreves 0. What a brilliant result for our third team in it's very first game. Everyone involved at the Club is extemely proud and we hope that it sets a trend this year. Not one player was over the age of 19 and other than one player every other player was 16 and played in our Under 16 team last season. Ben Currah from the penalty spot and Connor Hogg were the scorers. I am looking forward to Tuesday night as we now play one of my old Clubs Goonhavern so I am sure it will be a good Game. Well done lads.

Mining League Div. 2

Mt Ambrose 6 .v. Gulval Res 3

Very pleased to start the season with 3 points. We scored with our first attack, Richard Ward finishing neatly and thought we were on for a comfortable afternoon but the first half was end to end stuff. We were getting the ball down and trying to pass through the Gulval back line but were hindered on numerous occasions by an offside decision. Gulval were getting all their joy from the long ball but equalised from the spot after Craig Barnard's challenge was adjudged to have been committed in the box. Jason Dyer got our noses in front with a superb solo run and strike into the bottom corner but we found ourselves at 2 all when a wicked cross evaded everyone bar their lad arriving at the back post. Tom Biddle scored to put us 3 - 2 up when he flicked on a Steve Hick free kick but Gulval fought back again with ' Mocky? ' finishing from a tight angle.

In the second half both sides started to play some football as space began to open up. We had plentiful chances throughout the half but were denied by our own indecision, last ditch blocks and some great saves from the visiting 'keeper. Gulval soaked up the pressure and hit us on the break but we managed to stop them adding to their tally - Sam Tidball in goal taking one full in the face! The big turning point of the game, in my eyes, was after what seemed like 15mins of pressure from Gulval with them winning free kicks around the box and forcing 3 or 4 corners we managed to break away and add the vital goals which seen us run out with the final score line. Mt Ambrose man of the match was John Salmon who didn't miss a header and was all over the pitch. Donkey of the match was Connor Salmon ( bless him ) who picked the ball up to take a throw after mistaking the edge of the area for the touch line!

All the best to Gulval for the season and many thanks for the numbers you bought back to our drinking hole. Next up on Tuesday night is Praze away.

Mount goalscorers:

Richard Ward (2)

Jason Dyer

Tom Biddle

Kevin Smith

Connor Salmon

Mining League Div. 2

Mt Ambrose 6 .v. Gulval Res 3

Very pleased to start the season with 3 points. We scored with our first attack, Richard Ward finishing neatly and thought we were on for a comfortable afternoon but the first half was end to end stuff. We were getting the ball down and trying to pass through the Gulval back line but were hindered on numerous occasions by an offside decision. Gulval were getting all their joy from the long ball but equalised from the spot after Craig Barnard's challenge was adjudged to have been committed in the box. Jason Dyer got our noses in front with a superb solo run and strike into the bottom corner but we found ourselves at 2 all when a wicked cross evaded everyone bar their lad arriving at the back post. Tom Biddle scored to put us 3 - 2 up when he flicked on a Steve Hick free kick but Gulval fought back again with ' Mocky? ' finishing from a tight angle.

In the second half both sides started to play some football as space began to open up. We had plentiful chances throughout the half but were denied by our own indecision, last ditch blocks and some great saves from the visiting 'keeper. Gulval soaked up the pressure and hit us on the break but we managed to stop them adding to their tally - Sam Tidball in goal taking one full in the face! The big turning point of the game, in my eyes, was after what seemed like 15mins of pressure from Gulval with them winning free kicks around the box and forcing 3 or 4 corners we managed to break away and add the vital goals which seen us run out with the final score line. Mt Ambrose man of the match was John Salmon who didn't miss a header and was all over the pitch. Donkey of the match was Connor Salmon ( bless him ) who picked the ball up to take a throw after mistaking the edge of the area for the touch line!

All the best to Gulval for the season and many thanks for the numbers you bought back to our drinking hole. Next up on Tuesday night is Praze away.

Mount goalscorers:

Richard Ward (2)

Jason Dyer

Tom Biddle

Kevin Smith

Connor Salmon

good result damo no 2, hope u can have a good season mate. Should be climbing up the league from now on!

Madron 0 - 11 illogan

A good game today, shame about the result for a young madron side that contained 7 2nd team players from last season. We finished with 9 players as 1 was sent off and another went off injured, illogan deserved the win as they never stopped playing football from the 1st minute till the last!!! I can see why illogan won mining one last year!!! Madron didn't play to bad and once we went down to 10 then 9 players we just gave up!!! Good luck to illogan and hopefully we won't get beat by that score line at yours lol

Rosudgeon Res 3 Per'pth 1.

Great performance from the boys today in the season opener,we got off to a flier with a penalty in the first 3mins.It came about when TBA pounced on a loose ball in the box and was felled by the keeper,Dale stepped up to slot the resulting penalty away with a cool finish.P'pth battled hard to stay in the game and showed alot of spirit for such a young and new team and deserve alot of credit.Jozzer joined Swiss as i made my second change due to illness and injury in the first 20 mins!!!

Credit to the boys they did'nt let it phase us and carried on playing some good attacking football.

H/T 1.0

Chances kept coming and Jake got the second to put abit of comfort our way.But P'pth got back in it with a good finish and that really gave them a lift and they started to believe there was something in the game for them as we contiued to squander chances.But the 3rd and final goal of the game put it to bed for us with another fine finish from Jake.On another day we could of had 8-10 but that would have been very hard on the P'pth boys.A good bunch of lads there and given time when they start to get used to each other they'll be a good side.All the best to them.

As for Rosudgeon,great start and now we need to kick on, Redruth away next week.

PURPLE ARMY.

Mining One

Sennen 1-0 Newlyn (HT 0-0)

Good game, plenty of chances for both sides including Sennen hitting the woodwork twice. Both keepers played well and the scoreline looked to be a fair 0-0 until the 88th minute when the sub scored after a good run down the left wing. Well reffed by Grant Porterfield. Best of luck Sennen for the season.

Guest propercornish

Threemilestone 8-2 Fourlanes

No disrespect to Fourlanes but it could of and should of been alot more

Scorers:

Brendan Hitchens 3

Harry Pope 2

Ryan Stephens

Chris Wilson

Andrew Mewton

lanes had a afew good midfielders last season,i watched the game today and they certainly miss some of those players.

don`t think their going to do so well this season,they need to beef up abit...i know from past that fourlanes is a great club and have some good boys...good luck

No mention of the results for these Mining Division fixtures as yet on the FA Results site - any reason why not? Did they play?

Division 2

HalsetownReserves v Carbis Bay United

Mousehole v Illogan3rds

Praze-An-Beeble v ThreemilestoneReserves

St Agnes v StJust

Division 3

Cornish New Boys v Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Perranporth v Madron Reserves

St Ives Mariners v Praze-An-Beeble Res

Wendron United v Hayle F C

Div 3 mining

Wendron 2-2 Hayle 3s (S Vidgama 1 S Webber 1 )

A good competitive game and prob a fair result in the end with both teams deserving something from it, although from our point of view it was dissapointing when we were 2-1 up we never scored again, with couple of really good chances missed that could have made game safe for us but credit to Wendron as always they give you a hard game at there place and scored 3 min from time to claim share of points. Good hospitality and food after game thanks for that from all at Hayle and good luck rest season.(accept when you come back to ours). :smiley20:

Mousehole 2-6 Illogan 3rds

Illogan Scorers - Tom Butt 2

Stu Rule 2

Ben Penberthy

Sam Fenton

Good result considering we was 2-1 down half time all the best to Mousehole and thanks for the food :thumbsup:

Mousehole Scorer: Edward Jones 2

Was a good game for our new look young team played in good spirits, a good learning curve & great to see our clubhouse full after the 2nd & 3rd teams games

CORNISH NEW BOYS 2- GOONHAVERN RES 3

This was a close game, very hard fought by both teams!!

Half time goonhavern had a 2-0 lead although should've been 2-1 through a saved penalty!

Second half CNB came out of blocks and applied pressure and scored to make it 2-1, then goonhavern scored again to make it 3-1, CNB didn't give up and scored a second, 3-2, after a hard fought match goonhavern managed to hang on and take 3pts.

would like to thank CNB for a well played spirited fair game and for their hospitality after. :smiley20:

Good luck for rest of season from the goonhavern res boys.