Cornwall Football Forum

CGECPL August 28th 2010

Cornish Guardian EastCornwall Premier Division

Bere Alston United 1v4 St Dennis (Ryan Hayhurst 2 Carl Rickard Alex Woodcock)

Bodmin Town 0v2 Tavistock

Bude Town (S.Box, J.Vealev) 2 v 0 Saltash United

Launceston 0v2 Torpoint Athletic (Dean Cardew 2)

Morwenstow 4v2 Lanreath

Probus 0v2 Plymouth Parkway

St Stephens Borough 7v1 Biscovey

Wadebridge Town 2v5 Sticker (C.Kitson 3,B.Rosevear,L.Prince)

TorpointAthletic 3 3 0 0 10 1 +9 9

Bude Town 2 2 0 0 7 1 +6 6

Morwenstow 3 2 0 1 9 5 +4 6

Sticker 2 2 0 0 9 5 +4 6

Tavistock 3 2 0 1 5 2 +3 6

WadebridgeTown 3 2 0 1 6 7 -1 6

Bere AlstonUnited 3 2 0 1 4 5 -1 6

St StephensBorough 2 1 0 1 8 4 +4 3

St Dennis 2 1 0 1 6 4 +2 3

PlymouthParkway 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3

Probus 3 1 0 2 5 8 -3 3

Bodmin Town 3 1 0 2 3 7 -4 3

SaltashUnited 2 0 0 2 3 6 -3 0

Launceston 2 0 0 2 1 4 -3 0

Lanreath 2 0 0 2 3 9 -6 0

Biscovey 3 0 0 3 3 15 -12 0

thisiscornwall.co.ukDivision One

Edgcumbe 3v0 Plymstock United

Liskeard Athletic 5v1 Camelford

Nanpean Rovers 3v4 Holsworthy

Polperro 0v2 Millbrook

Roche 2v1 Callington Town

St Dominick 0v4 Elburton Villa

St Teath 3v1 St Stephen

ElburtonVilla 3 2 1 0 10 2 +8 7

Edgcumbe 3 2 1 0 10 4 +6 7

LiskeardAthletic 2 2 0 0 11 1 +10 6

Kilkhampton 2 2 0 0 5 3 +2 6

St Dominick 3 2 0 1 4 5 -1 6

St Blazey 1 1 0 0 4 1 +3 3

Roche 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3

Millbrook 2 1 0 1 2 2 +0 3

St Teath 3 1 0 2 6 8 -2 3

Holsworthy 2 1 0 1 4 9 -5 3

PlymstockUnited 3 1 0 2 2 7 -5 3

Polperro 3 0 2 1 4 6 -2 2

NanpeanRovers 2 0 0 2 4 6 -2 0

St Stephen 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0

CallingtonTown 3 0 0 3 3 7 -4 0

Camelford 2 0 0 2 2 9 -7 0

Cornish Guardian EastCornwall Premier Division

Bere Alston United v St Dennis

Bodmin Town v Tavistock

Bude Town v Saltash United

Launceston v Torpoint Athletic

Morwenstow v Lanreath

Probus v Plymouth Parkway

St Stephens Borough v Biscovey

Wadebridge Town 2 v Sticker 5 (scorers For Sticker C.Kitson 3,B.rosevear,L.Prince)

thisiscornwall.co.ukDivision One

Edgcumbe v Plymstock United

Liskeard Athletic v Camelford

Nanpean Rovers v Holsworthy

Polperro v Millbrook

Roche v Callington Town

St Dominick v Elburton Villa

St Teath v St Stephen

Guest boy wonder

Lanceston 0 - 2 Torpoint.

2 first half Dean Cardew goals sealed the win for the champions

early days but torpoint letting in 1 goal in 3 games and scoring 10, its got to be there year again.

have they got any new comers or are they relying on the same squad as last year?

Yeah can't complain about the result today...We played very poorly and were totally outplayed by a very lively St Dennis....Even the penalty for our goal was a litle harsh on them.

As previously stated we were without four key players, but just goes to show that to really be up there challenging you need to have a very strong squad of 16/17 players to cater for injuries / suspensions / unavailablity.

On the evidence of todays performance we are some way short of that.

Lee rickard was running us ragged until he picked up a nasty looking knee injury which everyone at Bere hopes isn't too bad.

His brother Carl and Alex Woodcock also very dangerous and I was particualrly impressed with Frankie McEvoy and the LB who's name escpares me.

Finally I'd like to apologise to the elderly St Dennis spectator I blew a fuse at when Lee picked up his injury....Heat of the moment thing and no malice intended.

Good luck for the remainder of the season

Don't think they're as good as Torpoint but will sure be up there challenging with Parkway, Bude and my dark horses Sticker.

Was a good result for us (St Dennis) yesterday, we also were without 4 key players, dave ricks (jnr) sweeper, skins, chalkey and mike Barrett, but the lads who stepped in out of possision were class, especially Scott hill who played at sweeper had a cracking game, he and our "LB" Chris brown have been awesome so far this season, just a shame we couldn't put a performance in like that last week.

Bere Alston never an easy place to go and get 3 points, but felt we dominated.

As for my injury, :-( which am rather pissed off about coz we have a huge game next weekend, they say have soft tissue damage, and depending on how well physio goes,hopefully should be ok in a couple of weeks, but will be trying to be fit for saturday, although I pretty much doubt it,

Like to thank the lads and spectatets at Bere Alston for there sympothy and help yesterday.

Um have to disagree with the comment about us not being as good as torpoint, with a full squad and fully fit players I'm sure we good give torpoint a run for there money, as we showed pre-season beating SWPL teams, but it's early days and were looking forward to the rest of the season.

Goodluck to the lads at Bere Alston for thr season.

Guest jayrich

L Ricks get over your pre season already would ya no one gives a hoot , cant ave prepared u that well otherwise u wouldnt of lost last saturday

Excuse me, I was replying to a post u were NOT involved in jayrich,

I simply stated that with every1 available we have the squad to compete with the likes of torpoint, that's it. Not sure were ur bitterness has come from, so maybe if u come on here and have nothing possitive to say then don't post on something which realy has nothing to do with u.

And as for last weeks game, no we didn't prepare very well, we played poorly and have admitted to that, but our performances couldn't be as bad as that was last weekend. Went out with the completely wrong attitude, but like I said it's early days and anything can happen.

Guest MAFC-rb

I dont see a single team exept maybe one that could compete with a fully fit torpoint, the 2nd team has as much talent as the first team and some of them simply dont wanna play swpl so they have he strongest outfit in the league. SORRY RICKS!!

no cows on the pitch m8,sumtimes donkeys but wen the whistle blows 4 full time they leave as well lol,pitch is good m8 well looked after soon have new changing rooms n the extension to the club house is coming along nicely

all in all will b a decent place 2 watch a good game of football rain or shine!!!!!!!!

St Dennis is a tough place to go, and I wouldnt be suprised at all if they beat Torpoint on Saturday, there is not a lot between the sides, both have matchwinners throughout the team. However in the long run, I still fancy Torpoint for the league, they have been there and done it for the past 3 years, and although St Dennis ran away with it last season in ECL1, I feel they may drop a few more points than Torpoint will this season just due to the step up. Nothing wrong with their pitch either.

Totally agree with bigdawg, and as for dwayne, not quite sure who u are but slowley pissin people off, best thing for u to do is just not post at all, hardly ranting about our pre season was just making a point in a previous post, torpoint are a good side, Saturday will either be a very close game or they will tank us, I'm praying I'm gunna be fit but it's realy not looking like atm :(