Cornwall Football Forum

Is it just me that was upset!!

Took my wife to see Penzance V St Blazey on Tuesday(I know how to treat a woman) enjoyed the 1st Half, then comes what only can be described as a shambles!! Announcement made that there maybe trouble with the lights, the teams took to the pitch, referee gathered the players together all shook hands, and then both teams went off to do a "Warm Down".

As supporters we were left totally bemused by the situation,sat in the stand for 10 -15 minutes wondering what was going on, no announcement no apology, and no blxxdy refund!, what a way to be treated!!!

No personal gripes against Penzance committee persons, but surely we should have been shown some respect, i appreciate it isnt a kings ransom to get in to the ground, but dissapointed i didnt get my two quids worth from the 2nd half.

Took my wife to see Penzance V St Blazey on Tuesday(I know how to treat a woman) enjoyed the 1st Half, then comes what only can be described as a shambles!! Announcement made that there maybe trouble with the lights, the teams took to the pitch, referee gathered the players together all shook hands, and then both teams went off to do a "Warm Down".

As supporters we were left totally bemused by the situation,sat in the stand for 10 -15 minutes wondering what was going on, no announcement no apology, and no blxxdy refund!, what a way to be treated!!!

No personal gripes against Penzance committee persons, but surely we should have been shown some respect, i appreciate it isnt a kings ransom to get in to the ground, but dissapointed i didnt get my two quids worth from the 2nd half.

£2!!!!!

I might be right in thinking that the replayed match might be free to those who payed. Or possibly free to everyone. Im sure Cornishteddyboy will answer that one.

I shouldnt worry about it to much. St Blazey were 2-0 down, im delighted!!! :yahoo:

As a member of the committee, i do apologise for this unpredicted happening. They are being fixed in the coming week! :) CTB spoke to John Mead (CTB & I [his daughter] were at the reserves match so not at the ground) whom said, At the replay there will be free entry [particularly those there on Saturday] but a donation box will be in place for those 'honest' folks who didn't attend the match but would like to make a contribution. This is the first time they have failed and as a committee member, i do apologise if it seemed a shambles but failures do happen. I will hopefully see you at the replay, Good luck in the forthcoming season. Michelle x.

No, not just you - I had a 4 hour, 185 mile round trip from North Devon for this one!

I was told that Pz contacted the SWPL to ask how long they had to fix the lights. They were told 45mins but the ref would not let them take the time. They could have been fixed so the match could finish but the man in black said no.

They are having new parts fitted either tomorrow or Monday depending on the PO delivery system and times.

First time in 19 years there's been a failure of the lights at Penlee Park.

The Reserves match v Ludgvan should kick off at 7:30pm on Tuesday.

As Lil_Miss_Cornwall says we were thrown by the ref and as a lot of people left straight away there will be announcements on here and the press regarding the replay which will be free but with honesty boxes.

CTB

Apologies from Penzance AFC regarding the confusion. At the time the referee made the decision to call proceedings to a halt, I was holding a torch to aid the electrician - who was frantically trying to bypass the blown RCD: this required temporarily switching off all power - which meant the P.A. system would not work either! Another 10 minutes and the lights would have been usable - but that's history now!

As far as the re-arranged fixture is concerned (it's on Tuesday 23rd November, 7.30pm) we would be fully entitled to charge normal admission prices as the game had reached half-time. F.A. regulations dictate that if a game is abandoned during the first 45 mins, vouchers should be issued to spectators entitling them to half price admission when the game is replayed but once half time is reached, no concessions are necessary. Despite this, we will still be offering free admission to the game and hope people will be generous enough to give extra support to the 50/50 draw, tea hut and Clubhouse. We may also ask a local charity along to make a collection.

John Mead

Secretary

Penzance AFC

Apologies from Penzance AFC regarding the confusion. At the time the referee made the decision to call proceedings to a halt, I was holding a torch to aid the electrician - who was frantically trying to bypass the blown RCD: this required temporarily switching off all power - which meant the P.A. system would not work either! Another 10 minutes and the lights would have been usable - but that's history now!

As far as the re-arranged fixture is concerned (it's on Tuesday 23rd November, 7.30pm) we would be fully entitled to charge normal admission prices as the game had reached half-time. F.A. regulations dictate that if a game is abandoned during the first 45 mins, vouchers should be issued to spectators entitling them to half price admission when the game is replayed but once half time is reached, no concessions are necessary. Despite this, we will still be offering free admission to the game and hope people will be generous enough to give extra support to the 50/50 draw, tea hut and Clubhouse. We may also ask a local charity along to make a collection.

John Mead

Secretary

Penzance AFC

I've a decent memory - I can stand at the gate and tell you which Blazey fans were not at the original fixture!

John Mead

Secretary

Penzance AFC

I've a decent memory - I can stand at the gate and tell you which Blazey fans were not at the original fixture!

You can hold the donation box then mate :thumbsup:

John Mead

Secretary

Penzance AFC

Hi John

I know how frustrating the floodlight failure would have been for everyone, Hopefully the replay will pass without incident other than the game itself!! I picked up on your charity idea and would like to suggest The Shelterbox Trust which is a locally based Charity from Helston. It provides disaster aid and shelter all over the world and is working currently in the Pakistan flood areas. Their number is 01326-555350 should you wish to call them.

Regards

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC B)