Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Results for August 24th 2010

To be honest, We could and perhaps should have won by a greater margin, although fair play to young Tavy side who made us fight hard for the 3 pts.

Bere dominated for large spells in the first half but apart apart from a Mike Curtis effort that cannoned down off the underside of the bar, poor finishing or final pass let them down and Tavy's Jarryd Kelly was unlucky to see his 30 yards effort strike the base of the post.

Tavistock came more into the game in the second half and Robbie Court almost gave them them the lead when his fantastic shot clipped the bar.

However with Marcus Pethick a constant threat down the right, Bere still had the lions share of possession and chances.

Graham Galway fired over when well placed, Marcus Pethick had another effort well saved by Tavy's Jamie Blatchford and Will Westlake saw his right foot shot clip the bar

With 0-0 looking more and more likely, Tavy's keeper Jamie Blatchford was red carded when he raced out to meet an onrushing Graham Galway and saved his goalbound effort...outside his penalty area....Refere Steve Nute had no choice but to send him off.

From the resultant free kick Will Westlake struck the underside of the bar and a minute later after the award of another Bere free kick, Tavy's Connor Ayres pushed the referee when disputing the decision and he too was shown a straight red.

Westlake saw this free kick brilliantly saved and from the corner Dan Follett was hauled to the ground for the penalty from which Westlake fired Bere into the lead.

Bere then saw out the last three or four minutes to collect all three points which sees them go top of the table (if only for 24hrs).

So yes maybe 0-0 was on the cards, but in terms of chances and possession Bere desrved the result on the night.

What is happening to St Teath this season?

Hi garf,nothing happening mate thats the problem plenty of effort silly mistakes at both ends and the bit in the middle isnt to good.The same lads that won the Duchy League title last year,still the club can take courage that at the moment all have stayed together and they are now a senior club.how about you are you still at gunni or have you moved on with most of the team.I think that is a shane really it would have been nice for gunni as a club if you could have stayed together and won the duchy title.Anyway best of luck for the season see you somewhere no doubt.

" Hi garf,nothing happening mate thats the problem plenty of effort silly mistakes at both ends and the bit in the middle isnt to good."

Crikey,Will looks like you have real problems right the way through.Is the step up to Senior football greater than you thought?

Absoluetly no more than i expected mate ,been there before at Wadebridge,players are good enough i am sure of that,perhaps they are trying a little to hard,they have to get use to the fact that they are going to concede goals and need to be able to change the game plan when that happens.I am sure that there are a few out there waiting for us to fail ,if we do then it wont be for the lack of trying.Kilk defended well last night and we didnt know how to break them down but overall i think our squad is stronger than theres and i am sure it will pan out that way over the season.Edgecumbe have quality strikers that would cope at a much higher level,its a good job that Brian Stacey has stayed at Torpoint,and if they had held on to G oneill than Stuart Dudley would have a stike force as good as anyone in that league.I havent a clue what the attendance was at kilk last night but i doubt many other clubs would have had a bigger crowd at this level.ST TEATH,mid table i think but promoted through the leagues in the right way lets wait and see what happens.