Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy league predictions,

Guest TonyDaleysSon

I'll give it a go, but top 3 is easier I think (not sure about some leagues either ie Im guessing!)

Prem 1 Torpoint

2 Foxhole

3 Altarnun

Div 1 1 St Dominic

2 Boscastle

3 Pensilva

Div 2 1 AFC St Austell

2 Premier Sixes

3 St Stephen

Div 3 1 Gerrans

2 Biscovey

3 Sticker

Div 4 1 Charlestown Saints

2 Tregony

3 St Teath

Div 5 1 Torpoint Comrades

2 North Hill

3 Lanivet Inn

Prem 1 Torpoint

2 Fowey

3 Altarnun

Div 1 1 looe

2 calstock

3 lanreath

Div 2 1 p6

2 st austell

3 looe reserves

Div 3 1 Biscovey

2 Gerrans

3 Stratton

Div 4 1 North petherwin

2 southgate

3 Charlestown Saints

Div 5 1 phoenix

2 Torpoint Comrades

3 Lanivet Inn

Heres my predictions:

Prem - 1st- Torpoint 2nd- Saltash 3rd- Fowey

one- I think St newlyn East (I Hope!!!), Looe, Calstock, Polperro will be pushing for the top!

two- 1st- St.Austell 2nd- Prem 6'S 3rd- Lostwithiel

three- 1st- Biscovey 2nd- Gerrans 3rd- Sticker

four- 1st- Charlestown 2nd- Southgate 3rd- Padstow

five- 1st- LC Phoenix 2nd- Torpoint Comrades 3rd- Lanivet

I think people have small memories, St Newlyn East 1st team won Div 2 by a country mile and look in even better shape this season....this has obviously had an effect on the 2nd team and are looking forward to a strong season in Duchy 5....back to back promotions for the 1st and 2nd team i think. I think LC Phoenix are gonna be the show stoppers this season, as might Torpoint....Lanivet Inn...not sure if they'll leave their local pub to travel to the likes of Calstock and beyond to be back in Sweet Lanivet to drink the homebrew :drink::drink: ...bet they are full of Tywardreath ringers!!! :smiley20:

I think people have small memories, St Newlyn East 1st team won Div 2 by a country mile and look in even better shape this season....this has obviously had an effect on the 2nd team and are looking forward to a strong season in Duchy 5....back to back promotions for the 1st and 2nd team i think. I think LC Phoenix are gonna be the show stoppers this season, as might Torpoint....Lanivet Inn...not sure if they'll leave their local pub to travel to the likes of Calstock and beyond to be back in Sweet Lanivet to drink the homebrew :drink::drink: ...bet they are full of Tywardreath ringers!!! :smiley20:

As an ex Tywardreath player myself i dont think there are any of the lads playing for Lanivet. I'm still gutted that our team folded as i was looking forward to Duchy Prem. Four of the Tywardreath players including myself have joined Lostwithiel and we have a great squad there. Stronger than our Tywardreath team from last season! As far as i know all the others are not playing at all other than Martyn Jones who was Tywardreath's top scorer last season, who has joined Fowey and Andrew Legg who is playing for Biscovey.

Watch out for Lostwithiel cos we'll be going all out for the title in Duchy 2! Dont know too much about the other leagues although i'd say Torpoint and Fowey will be slogging it out for the Duchy Prem title.

From my knowledge of the leagues I'll have a guess; I'll probably be way out! I'd like to think both Grampound teams are challenging but I won't include them in my predictions, don't want to curse us:

Premier:

1. Torpoint.

2. Fowey.

3. Saltash.

Division 1:

1. St Newlyn East.

2. Looe Town.

3. St Dominick.

Division 2:

1. AFC St Austell.

2. Premier Sixes.

3. Lostwithiel.

Division 3:

1. Gerrans & St Mawes United.

2. Biscovey.

3. Sticker.

Division 4:

1. North Petherwin.

2. Tregony.

3. Charlestown Saints.

Division 5:

1. LC Phoenix.

2. Torpoint Comrades.

3. Lanivet Inn.

As a Lanivet Inn player i can assure you we do not have any "Tywardreath Ringers" as you put it. Our team is made up mostly from the old Lanivet team that folded at the beginning of last season and a few youngsters that are making the step up from youth football. We're hoping for a strong season on the back of a 1-0 friendly win over Duchy Premier opposition a couple of weeks back and are looking forward to the season starting for us next weekend. Good luck to all teams in the Duchy Leagues this season

As an ex Tywardreath player myself i dont think there are any of the lads playing for Lanivet. I'm still gutted that our team folded as i was looking forward to Duchy Prem. Four of the Tywardreath players including myself have joined Lostwithiel and we have a great squad there. Stronger than our Tywardreath team from last season! As far as i know all the others are not playing at all other than Martyn Jones who was Tywardreath's top scorer last season, who has joined Fowey and Andrew Legg who is playing for Biscovey.

Watch out for Lostwithiel cos we'll be going all out for the title in Duchy 2! Dont know too much about the other leagues although i'd say Torpoint and Fowey will be slogging it out for the Duchy Prem title.

Morcs - I'm only jesting, just wondered where you all went....Tywardreath were a great bunch of lads and its a shame what happneed. We enjoyed the friendly we had the other season against you lot. All the best for the season ahead mate. :clapper:

As a Lanivet Inn player i can assure you we do not have any "Tywardreath Ringers" as you put it. Our team is made up mostly from the old Lanivet team that folded at the beginning of last season and a few youngsters that are making the step up from youth football. We're hoping for a strong season on the back of a 1-0 friendly win over Duchy Premier opposition a couple of weeks back and are looking forward to the season starting for us next weekend. Good luck to all teams in the Duchy Leagues this season

Tin Tin...sounds like you have a nice little outfit..hope you enjoy the season ahead in Duchy 5...sounds we'll have a good game on our hands and its nice to have a few teams more local this year..All the best :thumbsup:

dont write us off at st dennis 2nds as we have mike body n lee whetter ready 2 sign due 2 a major cash injection from a seperate sponsor,gary penhaligon is ready 2 sign n wont b long b4 dan nancarrow is here 2 help us win the junior cup!!!!!!!

Why are some/all of these players not going to play 1st team? Is St Dennis now being run like 2 clubs?

dont write us off at st dennis 2nds as we have mike body n lee whetter ready 2 sign due 2 a major cash injection from a seperate sponsor,gary penhaligon is ready 2 sign n wont b long b4 dan nancarrow is here 2 help us win the junior cup!!!!!!!

better make sure u dont have too many senior players signed on to reinstate!!! LOL

Guest MAFC-rb

Maker from what ive seen and heard locally have a much stronger team this year with some players from higher leagues playing. I wish all the lads the best for this season and ill prob turn up wen i can to see how theyre getting on...... ones to watch out for on a serious note

• 2 weeks later...

After watching Launceston college phoenix come up against boscastle and north hill, i strongly tip them to go onto win duchy 5, made up of a very young and talented side, they also consist of a few experianced heads. i think that these are the team to watch and are most definately the up and coming outfit in duchy football. watch this space, i can assure you, it will take alot to bring this side down after seeing them run full throttle for what seems to be the hole game, oh what it is to be young!

are there any predictions for top goal scorers in the duchy football leagues?

After watching Launceston college phoenix come up against boscastle and north hill, i strongly tip them to go onto win duchy 5, made up of a very young and talented side, they also consist of a few experianced heads. i think that these are the team to watch and are most definately the up and coming outfit in duchy football. watch this space, i can assure you, it will take alot to bring this side down after seeing them run full throttle for what seems to be the hole game, oh what it is to be young!

are there any predictions for top goal scorers in the duchy football leagues?

i agree with you there lc phoenix will take some stopping i was on the end of the hammering they gave us on sat vs boscastle they were different class and if they stay together they'll be in premier in 5 seasons easy

Yes, i completely agree, its such a shame they had to start in division 5, but the foundations of the team and team spirit was great, a good bunch of lads who seem to just get on with there footy and enjoy it! i think there away to padstow this weekend so it will be interesting to see how such a young side fare against a more experianced outfit!

to say lee whetter and bods arnt good enough for st dennis 1st team is a joke. Also if they are considering playing for the 2nds that is foolish as they are far better than that.

We had Whetts at St Dennis last season for a bit. but he likes to train like Rocky running up and down steps in to the stand and as we dont have a stand at St dennis we couldnt agree terms, Body wanted a grab bag of walkers every game and the budget didnt fit, however Dave Grose who is the sugar daddy of our second team has agreed to match what they were after and so they have agreed to play for the seconds, Ben Douglas was on the cusp of signing but he couldnt guarantee us 90 minutes every week..

st dennis 2nds would like 2 b able 2 offer a certain stuart bell a game but unfortunatly hanging a cheese burger off a fishing rod just in front of him 2 get him running isnt allowed on the pitch so im afraid he'll have 2 make do wiv a position by the t hut shouting abuse at the ref or who-ever he deems deserves it!!!!!

on the plus side tho dave grose has tightened his purse strings so no point in expecting a beer off him after the game or any other day 2 b exact gotta save the pennies 4 our new star striker???????????????????????????????

Yes, i completely agree, its such a shame they had to start in division 5, but the foundations of the team and team spirit was great, a good bunch of lads who seem to just get on with there footy and enjoy it! i think there away to padstow this weekend so it will be interesting to see how such a young side fare against a more experianced outfit!

another win, close game but still a great win 4 the young side

st dennis pay players to play in duchy football? they must have a fair old budget. do the 2 teams share the intended first team budget?

No budget for the first team mate, just the seconds, Dave Grose is a local bloke who made loads of money in the adult film industry and plays in the seconds with his mates when he is not on a shoot, a few of the players expenses are paid by Dave and he also brings a couple of his co-stars to serve behind the bar for fun. Nice bloke and really generous, although he is a bit funny about buying a pint....