Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League 2 Predictions for 2010-11

I think it will be a 3-way race for the title between P6, St Austell and Lostwithiel.

We played Lostwithiel last season and beat them 2-1 in the cup with a weakened team but on the day they were much better than us and I believe they have strengthened.

Not sure what has happened at St Austell. I did ask Hutchings to come over at the end of the season but he has stayed.

We are going to have a stronger squad than last season.

We have added a couple of St Minver players to our squad as well as Adam Williams from Holywell / Cubert. We are trying to get John Meagor to sign again while Jack Bevan who played for Newquay last season should also be signing. Mike Wray should also be coming over from st Stephens when his back injury clears up. After suffering from having a thin squad at the business end of last year I am looking to have more squad players signed on which include the signing of a backup keeper in Brett Prentice who plays for Newquay FC in the mining league. We are also quite hopeful of getting former captains Steve Sparkes and Tom Longworth on board again.

Our preseason hasn't been brilliant as we have had too many members of the squad unavailable due to work commitments (Only 10 P6 players for 2-1 defeat at Robartes - 3 duff ringers used and some of our best unavailable - and only 7 P6 players for the 3-1 defeat at Polperro), however, everyone will be back for the September 4th game against St Dennis.

looking forward to the season

Sounds like you lads over at P6 have been quite busy over the summer. St Austell have made a few good signings but no major changes. Not really any need to change a winning squad like that. I think your right though, St Austell, P6 and Lostwithiel to run for the title this year. I do believe this season is going to be the hardest yet for St Austell and P6 but as i said, i think they will fare pretty well.

I can confirm St Austell have strengthened the squad. In the pre-season matches leading up to this coming season we have bolstered the team with a few players from other sides in and around the St Austell area. Dave Kitson will slot in nicely at the back and Neil Ham has impressed on the right hand side and Brian Paull will add to an already strong midfield. Luke(scores for fun)Patton is back up top looking to improve on his 34 goals two years ago and Poweller has got a couple of other guys in who look pretty tidy. So all in all, new players in defense, midfield and attack… so we should definitely be in with a shout??? But I’m sure P6 will make it very hard for us this season to gain a forth successive promotion. I don’t know much about the other teams in Div 2 but Lostwithiel sound as if they fancy havin' a go!!

Good luck to all concerned.

Sunders…OUT!!!

I would go along with the predictions that are being made, although i'd imagine St Dennis will also have a good side this year?

I am now a Lostwithiel player after my old club Tywardreath folded at the end of last season. My brother Kevin Morcom, Liam Hearn and Jimmy Penhall have all joined following the demise of Tywardreath and the squad is looking good! Ross Wilcocks has also recently come on board, which will bolster the wide options.

I must admit i've been hugely impressed with the boys in pre-season and we've managed to be beat higher league opposition in the form of Lanreath (4-0) and Roche East Cornwall side whom we beat 2-1. We won our first league match away at Queens 4-0 with several missing, so the omens are good.

If we keep our squad happy we should go close and we obviously have aspirations to win the league. Can't wait for the St Austell matches as i know most of the lads there and i know P6 are a good outfit following Tywardreath's dismal display against you boys in the Junior Cup last season......Probert was class i might add!!

To me this league looks harder than what Tywardreath faced in Duchy 1 last year, so i'm expecting some tough matches throughout the campaign.

Good luck to all....except when you face Lostwithiel of course!

Morcs