Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League match report issues

Well with the Duchy League kicking off this week it is time for the match reports to be posted and already there is a team of big timers again this year i notice in the Premier Division which enter what i would call inaccurate match reports that belittle teams they play against and Big themselves up and when blatently out played this weekend they made out that the team they were playing were "luckey to draw with them" And scoreed a "FLUKE GOAL". Then big themselves up to make out they were the better team on the day ... I dont why this club does this every year and i dont know how many other people feel the way i do about this subject but i see it as an insult to all the lads that put 110% into a game of football on a Saturday and are belittled by people with obvious isssues or confidence problems!?

I think that this youthful teams match reporter/management team has to growup and act like the young mature players in the team who actually have good attitudes towards the game and oppossing players.

I know this sounds like the biggest moan ever but it does frustrate me when people have to big themselves up to get get recognition for what?

Everyone just wants to play football and enjoy it.

Guest Stopgap!

Well with the Duchy League kicking off this week it is time for the match reports to be posted and already there is a team of big timers again this year i notice in the Premier Division which enter what i would call inaccurate match reports that belittle teams they play against and Big themselves up and when blatently out played this weekend they made out that the team they were playing were "luckey to draw with them" And scoreed a "FLUKE GOAL". Then big themselves up to make out they were the better team on the day ... I dont why this club does this every year and i dont know how many other people feel the way i do about this subject but i see it as an insult to all the lads that put 110% into a game of football on a Saturday and are belittled by people with obvious isssues or confidence problems!?

I think that this youthful teams match reporter/management team has to growup and act like the young mature players in the team who actually have good attitudes towards the game and oppossing players.

I know this sounds like the biggest moan ever but it does frustrate me when people have to big themselves up to get get recognition for what?

Everyone just wants to play football and enjoy it.

Pity you didn't name names here Big Ern, it would have easier to find what game you were on about.!

If you are talking about Lamerton v Saltash then I think some humble pie may be on order!

Saltash did not send in any report until this morning, and where suprised themselves at the inacurate report on the Duchy web-site and in the Independant.

Matt Fulton scored a cracking goal certainly no goal mouth scramble and it was Lamerton that equalized not Saltash!

So lets find out who sent the report in, because they were not watching the same game as the rest of us!

You can find the Saltash report on their web-site www.clubsite.co.uk/saltashunited

Guest Stopgap!

No report has been sent by our club as you can see it is up on the forum pages and as you say the person reporting to the duchy league was on a different planet watching a different game.

Appologies and can i have custard with the humble pie?

Of course you can have custard mate, as long as you share it with MW !!

(Please tell the landlady we enjoyed the sausage, chips and beans) :smiley20:

From what i heard Lamerton were distinctly average, with the Saltash sub goalkeeper not having to make any saves other than the two silly mistakes he made which should have been saves. Saltash had no creativity in midfield and really lacked anyhing up front, but their defence was not really troubled.

I originally thought Saltash could challenge for the league but having watched them on Wednesday and heard the match report on Saturday they are really sruggling in midfield and upfront. They play 5 in midfield yet times still walk through it, with the two small players not really in the game! Maybe the management need to up their game.......... <_<

Well with regards to the Lamerton And Saltash game it was an entertaining game of football to watch and the sportsmanship between the two clubs during and after the game was spot on. :thumbsup:

The fact that the game was to be played in very difficult conditions and the fact that the two clubs basically played very well and snuffed each other out of the game may be the reason there was no winner on the day.

I also watched Saltash and Torpoint Wednesday and from what i watched by all means there will be no one horse race this year.

There are plenty of teams that can do the title this year... so lets not be too narrow minded.

Saltash, Gunnislake, Fowey, Probus, Lamerton, St Columb every team in the league is capable oh not to mention Torpoint ? :clapper:

Cant really see anyone but torpoint winning it, with saltash n fowey pushing them most the way, think for saltash to stand a chance they need tony jane to stay fit n on form which im sure he will!! watched lamerton in pre season n wasnt very impressed with there team, but mayb they ave signed sum new players