Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash Utd v Falmouth Town

SALTASH UTD 0 v FALMOUTH TOWN 1

I guess I cannot be the only person to leave Kimberley Stadium very disappointed with this very lacklustre performance from "the ashes" If "the ashes" keeper had not made some great saves and Falmouth a bit sharper in front of goal, the score could have been into double figures.

Unfortunately, this season is a continuation of last season, very capable players, but not playing as a team.

In view of the performances last season and the start of this season, I think it is very much time for Chairman Doddridge to ask some serious questions of his Manager and Assistant Manager. There are several players within the Saltash United team who have become very average players. Does any coaching take place within the club, as it is not very evident. Also the guidance and encouragement from the dugout is non existant... silence is not golden it would appear..... :SM_carton:

Guest avidfollower

Early days at the moment, far too soon to make any real decisions on any team.

There are several players at Saltash who are simply not "firing". Bit unfair to name names, but these players were always relied upon to give 110%. Despite the addition of hider and the cusack brothers, the team looks very "flat".

If Hendy did indeed say this is "his strongest team for 5 years", that is a massive statement and puts a lot of pressure on himself - so if he does not achieve anything with this squad surely he is finished at the ashes.

Hendy made this quote and could well live to regret it.

What was one of the best teams in the area, it is now a poor shadow of Timmy Alfords side.

IS RAVOS CAPS LOCK BUTTON BROKEN ON HIS COMPUTER DO YOU THINK AS ALL HIS POSTS ARE IN CAPITALS ??????

NOT THE BEST ON COMPUTERS RANDY. Lol.FOOTBALL ALL ABOUT OPINIONS AND IF MENNERS NOT GETTING IN AND HE DONT KNOW WHY THEN I THINK EVERYONE WOULD BE A BIT UNHAPPY.BUT IF HE IS NOT PLAYING WELL AND HIS ATTITUDE IS NOT GOOD THEN FAIR PLAY.