Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 21/08/2010

Division 1

Portreath 2 Mousehole 1 (h/t 1-1)

Dave Bartlam with a long range strike to equalise in the first half.

And Dangerous scored the winner after the visitors keeper made a hash of a speculative effort :wacko:

Think both sides will have to improve greatly to compete in this division.

Best of luck ;)

Division 1

Portreath 2 Mousehole 1 (h/t 1-1)

Dave Bartlam with a long range strike to equalise in the first half.

And Dangerous scored the winner after the visitors keeper made a hash of a speculative effort :wacko:

Think both sides will have to improve greatly to compete in this division.

Best of luck ;)

I calculated and executed an accurate amount of spin so that when it reached the keepers hands, It would spin out of control and into the net <_<:yahoo: lol

But You are right.. We will definitely have to improve our game if we are to mount any serious contention for that league title.

I personally thought, As I told the lads at the pub after (Good to see Mousehole joining us for a bevvy after the game :angry: ( all sarcasm intended).. We got on eachothers backs way too much and critiscised in totally the wrong way!

At times when we played our football, it looked good.. But hit and hope and plenty of giving the ball away isnt the way forward.. We will definitely have to improve when we come to play against the better teams in the league. That starts on Tuesday at St Agnes.

This will bring confidence to a Portreath side, who today won the first competitive league game in way over a season.

Everyone after the game was concerned about the lad who took himself off after bravely intercepting a ball between one of our midfielders and there goalkeeper, but came off worse... You could tell he was having trouble breathing, but apparently according from the Mousehole sideline "He was fine". He didnt look like it so I hope that he has recovered and it was just a case of being winded.

Thank you to Mousehole for the game and good luck for the rest of the season. Disappointing to not see anyone come back to the club after the game though!

Guest Bundiwilliams

well there is a result for the doubters out there, ow last week wasnt a competitive game so doesnt count!!!!!!

so this is one for all those people---

first game of season PORTREATH 2 Mousehole 1

thats a competitve game for ya and guess what with the same squad me and leon have had all pre-season.

good confidence booster- a scrappy game but 3 points is 3 points!!!!

i love all my boys at Portreath----

UP THE GULLS

Marazion 2-3 Porthleven Rangers (Div3)

A lively and entertaining game by two very determined sides. In the end though I think we deserved our win and after an horrendous season last year its great to get back playing as a team. The goals came from Gav Perriton (2) and the ginger prince who I am sure had his eyes closed at the time, full credit to Marazion as they gave a good go at it with their 'keeper' pulling off some superb saves.

All the best Marazion for the rest of season and well done Lloydy for giving Rangers a lift as the new manager.

well there is a result for the doubters out there, ow last week wasnt a competitive game so doesnt count!!!!!!

so this is one for all those people--- first game of season PORTREATH 2 Mousehole 1

Congratulations to Portreath on their first competitive win for over a season!

Let's hope there's many more to come

Cury 3 pendeen 1

Cury Goals joe bray 2 Ben bowden 1

Not a great start to the season, Pendeen being showed 3 :SM_carton: cards(1 player off, both managers being sent from the touchline) as I say not great start, moving up a league is always going to be a challenging prospect!

Hopefully there was a couple of good things to take from todays performance!!!!!!!

Fal/Hel Div 3

Hayle Fc 0-Fal Athletic 11

Great start to new season for Athletic, Mike Cudlip weighing in with 5 one of which was off the outside of the boot into the top corner,a tough day for the Hayle goalkeeper in breezy conditions on a nice looking pitch.A strong Athletic line up and some nice football played on the deck in patches,Hayle never really had a look in after going 3 down in first 30 mins,but shouldn't lose heart as it certainly wasnt down to a lack of effort on their part.Some good work on both wings by Hurrell and Rollinson and old stager Coggin anchoring in the middle of the park partnered by the very able Tolley ,the introduction of a couple of young subs halfway through the second half by the gaffer only served to deepen Hayles gloom as the total mounted .The International signing of Atilla from Hungary in goal should hold Atletic in good stead for what looks like a promising season.

Must give the referee a mention who let the game flow and worked tirelessly up and down the pitch.Good luck to Hayle for the rest of the season

Fal/Hel Div 3

Great start to new season for Athletic, Mike Cudlip weighing in with 5 one of which was off the outside of the boot into the top corner,a tough day for the Hayle goalkeeper in breezy conditions on a nice looking pitch.A strong Athletic line up and some nice football played on the deck in patches,Hayle never really had a look in after going 3 down in first 30 mins,but shouldn't lose heart as it certainly wasnt down to a lack of effort on their part.Some good work on both wings by Hurrell and Rollinson and old stager Coggin anchoring in the middle of the park partnered by the very able Tolley ,the introduction of a couple of young subs halfway through the second half by the gaffer only served to deepen Hayles gloom as the total mounted .The International signing of Atilla from Hungary in goal should hold Atletic in good stead for what looks like a promising season.

Must give the referee a mention who let the game flow and worked tirelessly up and down the pitch.Good luck to Hayle for the rest of the season

I heard a wicked rumour that Jay Durber was playing up top for athletic seconds on saturday? Surely he contributed?

Fal/Hel Div 3

I heard a wicked rumour that Jay Durber was playing up top for athletic seconds on saturday? Surely he contributed?

Not sure of everyones names yet,but your probably right

Cury 3 pendeen 1

Cury Goals joe bray 2 Ben bowden 1

How any one at Cury can be proud of this result is beyond me ...you had to re convince your lino that are 2nd goal (which was the result of are 2 sending off's no excuses people should no better but took ref 5 min to come to decision which was wrong i could see the net move from a full 30 yards away your manager basically told lino not to give it after he told two of are players it went in SHOCKING) Back to the game i thought Cury were by far the better team to start and thought we started to get on top in the 2nd half when one of your players decided to stamp on me and stayed on!!! (which the ref again decided to talk to him about JOKE!) We then scored and with in 10 mins had a great goal disallowed (sorry shouldn't have a go at ref's but he was meak ) we were defo on top at this point but with 2 sent off i thought we did ok with 9 Men for 20 mins even creating a few chances i look forward to the return match

and before any of you start giving it sore loser far from it we lost in the end through are own indiscipline, which we need to address but you all know it was a goal as well as the lino and everyone there!

How any one at Cury can be proud of this result is beyond me ...you had to re convince your lino that are 2nd goal (which was the result of are 2 sending off's no excuses people should no better but took ref 5 min to come to decision which was wrong i could see the net move from a full 30 yards away your manager basically told lino not to give it after he told two of are players it went in SHOCKING) Back to the game i thought Cury were by far the better team to start and thought we started to get on top in the 2nd half when one of your players decided to stamp on me and stayed on!!! (which the ref again decided to talk to him about JOKE!) We then scored and with in 10 mins had a great goal disallowed (sorry shouldn't have a go at ref's but he was meak ) we were defo on top at this point but with 2 sent off i thought we did ok with 9 Men for 20 mins even creating a few chances i look forward to the return match

and before any of you start giving it sore loser far from it we lost in the end through are own indiscipline, which we need to address but you all know it was a goal as well as the lino and everyone there!

Firstly rovers08, where you pendeens number 14 by any chance ? lets just put a few things down here for everyone to think about, the lino told the ref that it was a goal, the ref told him he was in charge and he would decide, please show a little bit of respect as i am sure you are aware i dont think anyone likes to run the line but it has been done. I have checked this forum looking for something to back up your first line, i cant find a cury post stating that anyone was proud of the victory. I agree it did look like a stamp maybe nasty at the best untidy, but there were one or two meaty tackles throughout the game and we will both agree that the ref was poor and he was marked accordingly by both managers. Overall i thought both teams put in a good shift and you looked more of a goal threat with 9 men for some reason, you did miss some great chances and maybe a draw cud of been a fair result but like you mentioned a bit of ill discipline and poor refferring for both teams cost you in the end. I would just like to finish this post on a postive note and wish you all the best for the season and thanks to all your boys for coming back to the pub after the game, thats what is all about at the end of the day a good 90 mins and then back to the others teams bar for a few drinks.

jay durber did play, he scored 1 but should of had a lot more

Cheers Fal lad, I watched him in pre season he is looking sharp but overlooked. Good luck to athletic this season i am sure its going to be a successful one for both the first and second teams with the amount of quality floating around in both teams.

going to be a very good season hopefully, strength in depth, big squad and very good atmosphere. im not going to write we are going to win everything but we have a good chance to win something with both the 1st and 2nd, here's hoping everyone has a good season all round

Firstly rovers08, where you pendeens number 14 by any chance ? lets just put a few things down here for everyone to think about, the lino told the ref that it was a goal, the ref told him he was in charge and he would decide, please show a little bit of respect as i am sure you are aware i dont think anyone likes to run the line but it has been done. I have checked this forum looking for something to back up your first line, i cant find a cury post stating that anyone was proud of the victory. I agree it did look like a stamp maybe nasty at the best untidy, but there were one or two meaty tackles throughout the game and we will both agree that the ref was poor and he was marked accordingly by both managers. Overall i thought both teams put in a good shift and you looked more of a goal threat with 9 men for some reason, you did miss some great chances and maybe a draw cud of been a fair result but like you mentioned a bit of ill discipline and poor refferring for both teams cost you in the end. I would just like to finish this post on a postive note and wish you all the best for the season and thanks to all your boys for coming back to the pub after the game, thats what is all about at the end of the day a good 90 mins and then back to the others teams bar for a few drinks.

My most humble apologies, yea last night a few of the lads confirmed what you said which was totally diff to what was said by a few of the players on Sat anyway yea i agree ref was very Meak ...shame really cause 1st 20 mins looked like two teams who wanted to play football & i know we shouldn't moan at a ref who after-all gives up there Sat but he should have just been a little bit stronger on things ...and maybe actually blown his whistle !!! i was booked for asking for a pen....good luck and like i said i look forward to the return ....good ref good pitch and hopefully a good match

My most humble apologies, yea last night a few of the lads confirmed what you said which was totally diff to what was said by a few of the players on Sat anyway yea i agree ref was very Meak ...shame really cause 1st 20 mins looked like two teams who wanted to play football & i know we shouldn't moan at a ref who after-all gives up there Sat but he should have just been a little bit stronger on things ...and maybe actually blown his whistle !!! i was booked for asking for a pen....good luck and like i said i look forward to the return ....good ref good pitch and hopefully a good match

rovers 08 good post and like you said hopefully we will get som better refs throughout the season, good luck with the season i am sure like cury you will have some good wins and some bad defeats but thats football, all the best