Appledore v Alphington

Axminster Town v Exeter Civil Service

Budleigh Salterton v Bickleigh

Crediton United v Totnes & Dartington

Exmouth Town v Newton Abbot Spurs

Galmpton Gents v Ottery St Mary

Liverton United v Teignmouth

torpoint 0 buckland 2

a draw would have been fair result a disallowed josh grant goal hotly disputed would have made it 1-0

bucklands second should never have stood,

referee intimadated by buckland caved in to the pressure and gave a goal that was so obviously wrong but i

guess thats football, torpoint will do ok this season could do with someone to put their foot on the ball in the middle

buckland on todays showing will not win the league,

Guest Rydon Ranger

torpoint 0 buckland 2

a draw would have been fair result a disallowed josh grant goal hotly disputed would have made it 1-0

referee intimadated by buckland caved in to the pressure and gave a goal that was so obviously wrong but i

guess thats football, torpoint will do ok this season could do with someone to put their foot on the ball in the middle

Paul, what game were you watching? i have never seen such a one sided game. How many saves did the Bucks keeper have two make, 2 or was it 3. As for the 'Hotly disputed' disallowed goal, well your players did'nt make anything of it and the flag was up well before your guy even headed the ball. Rose tinted spectacles come to mind, give credit where credits due.

torpoint 0 buckland 2

Paul, what game were you watching? i have never seen such a one sided game. How many saves did the Bucks keeper have two make, 2 or was it 3. As for the 'Hotly disputed' disallowed goal, well your players did'nt make anything of it and the flag was up well before your guy even headed the ball. Rose tinted spectacles come to mind, give credit where credits due.

well to coin an over used phrase this was a real game of two halves, torpoint worked really hard in the first half to stop buckland creating anything, and for all of bucklands huffing and puffing they never looked like troubling torpoint, with torpoint seeming content to try and hit buckland on the break, like the ranger said the flag was up long before grant headed home, the 2nd half couldnt have been different with both sides trying to find the back of the net probably helped by the fact buckland scoring early, agree with paul about bucklands second as the linesman had appeared to flag a buckland player offside but it was scored with the last kick of the game so didnt really count for much any way, a draw would have been a nice result but with carter and hicks torpoint didnt create a great deal of chances and piper was definitely the busier of the two keepers

St Blazey 4v1 Dartmouth.

In the end after alot of chances went begging, St Blazey cruised to victory. It could have been alot more. Lets hope for the same kind of result in a couple weeks when we meet them at homme in the F.A Vase.

Dartmouth scored in the dying seconds but the goal was greeted with total silence. Im confident to say that there wasnt a single Dartmouth Fan there today!! :unsure:

Callington Town 5 - 0 Holsworthy

Foxhole Stars 1 - 1 Hayle

Godolphin Atlantic 4 - 1 Plymstock United

Mousehole 0 - 3 Perranporth

Newquay 4 - 1 Dobwalls

Okehampton Argyle 1 - 5 Penryn Athletic

Truro City 1 - 2 Porthleven

Vospers Oak Villa 1 - 4 Camelford

torpoint 0 buckland 2

probably the same one as you according to the linesman the flag wasnt for grant but the previous move as for shots on goal dont recall piper being that busy except for crosses, rose tinted glasses i neither follow torpoint or buckland but wanted to see how good this buckland side was, in my opionion kendall was your best player which is why your keeper didnt have much to do, you won the league comfortably last season i was just expecting more from buckland, as for torpoint not chasing the ref and moaning, perhaps they need to take a leaf out of others teams books and moan more but surely we as fans dont want to see that.

to reiterate i normally watch the side my lad plays for and that ain't torpoint but wanted to see buckland

anyhow best wishes for the season no doubt you will be challenging just dont think you'll be top :c:

Guest Uncle Albert

I thought 2-0 was harsh on Torpoint but after their recent five-goal feasts against Saltash and St Blazey, I was disappointed by how little they created.

They seemed strangely content to contain Buckland in the first half, hardly getting out of their own half, and employing a successful offside trap which strangled their opponents.

After Buckland took the lead early in the second half, Torpoint finally came out of their shells and gave as good as they got, but Buckland also missed some chances.

On this evidence Torpoint are a good side, but Buckland look very strong again to me. They have that arrogance which champions need, and will take some beating.

Not a great performance by St.Austell today, especially defensively. However cruising 3-1 with 5 minutes to go and let in two goals from crosses. Full credit to Elburton though who didn't give up but Town will be kicking themselves tonight.

As with Dartmouth at Blazey so it seems, the virtual silence when Elburton scored indicated their (total?)lack of support in a decent sized crowd.

Despite a disappointing end to the match I was very impressed however with the refurbished stand, newly opened clubhouse,excellent programme and general hospitality. Good work by all concerned.

P W D L F A Diff Pts

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY 4 3 0 1 18 5 13 9

IVYBRIDGE TOWN 5 3 0 2 17 12 5 9

BUCKLAND ATHLETIC 3 3 0 0 6 1 5 9

PENZANCE 4 3 0 1 8 5 3 9

BOVEY TRACEY 5 3 0 2 10 13 -3 9

ST.BLAZEY 3 2 1 0 9 4 5 7

BODMIN TOWN 3 2 1 0 8 3 5 7

CULLOMPTON RANGERS 4 2 1 1 6 8 -2 7

FALMOUTH TOWN 3 2 0 1 7 4 3 6

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 4 2 0 2 5 3 2 6

WITHERIDGE 4 2 0 2 10 10 0 6

ST AUSTELL 4 1 2 1 9 10 -1 5

TORPOINT ATHLETIC 3 1 1 1 7 6 1 4

SALTASH UNITED 3 1 0 2 6 7 -1 3

LAUNCESTON 3 1 0 2 3 7 -4 3

ROYAL MARINES 5 1 0 4 4 11 -7 3

DARTMOUTH 4 1 0 3 7 15 -8 3

TAVISTOCK 3 0 2 1 6 7 -1 2

WADEBRIDGE TOWN 4 0 1 3 4 10 -6 1

ELBURTON VILLA 5 0 1 4 9 18 -9 1

CALLINGTON TOWN 1 1 0 0 5 0 5 3

PENRYN ATHLETIC 1 1 0 0 5 1 4 3

CAMELFORD 1 1 0 0 4 1 3 3

GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC 1 1 0 0 4 1 3 3

NEWQUAY 1 1 0 0 4 1 3 3

PERRANPORTH 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3

PORTHLEVEN 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

FOXHOLE STARS 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

HAYLE 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

TRURO CITY 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

DOBWALLS 1 0 0 1 1 4 -3 0

PLYMSTOCK UNITED 1 0 0 1 1 4 -3 0

VOSPERS OAK VILLA 1 0 0 1 1 4 -3 0

MOUSEHOLE 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

OKEHAMPTON ARGYLE 1 0 0 1 1 5 -4 0

HOLSWORTHY 1 0 0 1 0 5 -5 0

Appledore 3 - 0 Alphington

Axminster Town 0 - 1 Exeter Civil Service

Budleigh Salterton 4 - 3 Bickleigh

Crediton United 2 - 3 Totnes & Dartington

Exmouth Town 1 - 1 Newton Abbot Spurs

Galmpton Gents 2 - 3 Ottery St Mary

Liverton United 2 - 2 Teignmouth

Stoke Gabriel 0 - 5 Exeter University

EXETER UNIVERSITY 1 1 0 0 5 0 5 3

APPLEDORE 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3

BUDLEIGH SALTERTON 1 1 0 0 4 3 1 3

OTTERY ST MARY 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3

TOTNES & DARTINGTON 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3

EXETER CIVIL SERVICE 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

LIVERTON UNITED 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1

TEIGNMOUTH 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1

EXMOUTH TOWN 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

NEWTON ABBOT SPURS 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

BICKLEIGH 1 0 0 1 3 4 -1 0

CREDITON UNITED 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0

GALMPTON GENTS 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0

AXMINSTER TOWN 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

ALPHINGTON 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

STOKE GABRIEL 1 0 0 1 0 5 -5 0

Torpoint 0 Buckland 2

If Buckland are going to win the league title this season, then i think they will do it by scoring fewer goals but conceeding fewer goals !!

Yes i know it is a big if, as there are many many good teams out there, but i sensed yesterday that Buckland under Steve Massey are going to try and keep the ball more and wait and be patient. 1 league goal conceeded in 3 games is what Steve Massey has asked for this season.

Yesterday's result was about right. (sorry Paul but disagree with your report earlier). Torpoint enjoyed 2 ten minute spells, one in each half and apart from that, it was mainly Buckland on the offensive.

Torpoint seemed to be happy to try and catch Buckland on the break but the ball very rarely stuck for more than 4/5 passes. Buckland should have been more than a goal up at the break. The Torpoint disallowed goal was a good yard offside, whilst Shane Gill was thwarted more than once with some dubious offside decisions.

Whilst the score remained 1-0, Torpoint had their best spell of the game, in the second half and a fantastic save by Neil Montandon (playing with a broken finger) kept the bucks lead intact. 5 minutes later and the Buckland defensive wall saved them from losing their lead as the deflection took the ball wide of the goal with Monty diving in the opposite direction.

The 2nd goal, scored in the last minute came from a free kick, given just a second before the assistant gave offside. The referee gave the free kick for the 1st offence, which Buckland took advantage of and put the ball into the back of the net.

Thought the referee could have explained that one a little bit better, but overall, he had a decent game.

Some very good performances, but for me, shane Gill was head and shoulders above everyone yesterday, which is very unusual for Shane Gill !!

Torpoint 0 Buckland 2

If Buckland are going to win the league title this season, then i think they will do it by scoring fewer goals but conceeding fewer goals !!

Yes i know it is a big if, as there are many many good teams out there, but i sensed yesterday that Buckland under Steve Massey are going to try and keep the ball more and wait and be patient. 1 league goal conceeded in 3 games is what Steve Massey has asked for this season.

Yesterday's result was about right. (sorry Paul but disagree with your report earlier). Torpoint enjoyed 2 ten minute spells, one in each half and apart from that, it was mainly Buckland on the offensive.

Torpoint seemed to be happy to try and catch Buckland on the break but the ball very rarely stuck for more than 4/5 passes. Buckland should have been more than a goal up at the break. The Torpoint disallowed goal was a good yard offside, whilst Shane Gill was thwarted more than once with some dubious offside decisions.

Whilst the score remained 1-0, Torpoint had their best spell of the game, in the second half and a fantastic save by Neil Montandon (playing with a broken finger) kept the bucks lead intact. 5 minutes later and the Buckland defensive wall saved them from losing their lead as the deflection took the ball wide of the goal with Monty diving in the opposite direction.

The 2nd goal, scored in the last minute came from a free kick, given just a second before the assistant gave offside. The referee gave the free kick for the 1st offence, which Buckland took advantage of and put the ball into the back of the net.

Thought the referee could have explained that one a little bit better, but overall, he had a decent game.

Some very good performances, but for me, shane Gill was head and shoulders above everyone yesterday, which is very unusual for Shane Gill !!

yes grant was a yard offside but it was a throw in flicked on by buckland player not offside.

if it had touched a torpoint player then yes he would have been offside, but like i said thats football some go for you others dont

From Beckham "was billy big timer massey in the stands again or on the bench for this one...lol"

I have to say once again, how flattered I am with the "Cult Status" that seems to be ongoing with certain people.

I suppose you could say its a back handed compliment that I have a sort of Forum Stalker!

Yesterday I sat in the stand for the first half, with Martyn Rogers and Jamie Cawaradine down in the Dug out.

I've no doubt the people sat around me, including former Chairman of the league Bob Bell, who was looking very well and really enjoying retirement he told me, would have realized how frustrated i was getting with our slow tempo. We kept the ball for long long periods but in the first half didn't hurt them enough.

Second half we resovled that, with myself viewing the game from the other side of the dug out, then watching the last 30 minutes from the dug out with the subs, Jamie and Martyn.

But, Mr Beckham, being very flattered with your obsession about my where abouts during games, I have idea to help you out?

If you email your mobile to me, I can text you before kick off to tell you where i will be sitting, and of course like on Saturday if I change my viewing point during the game.

This way you will not have to embarrass yourself by not knowing where I am during games!

Many thanks once again for your continued support,

Kindest Regards

Steve (Billy Big Time) Massey