Cornwall Football Forum

Gallas to spurs.. A step back for spurs?

So Gallas has signed for spurs... Is this a step in the right direction for Spurs signing a 33 yr old who has struggled with injuries and fittness for the past 12 months??

Personally i think Wenger releasing Gallas was a good idea as he is past his best and like i stated struggled for the last 12 months and never got back to full fittness. Maybe Gallas would suit a team like Bolton or Blackburn.

Whats your views ?

Firstly,I am not happy with a gooner coming to Spurs.

Fact is it was plain enough to see our defensive problems after Tuesday.

Gallas is 32,not quite 33 yet.

He comes on a free tranfer.

Taken a pay cut,compared what he was offered at Arsenal.

The player has won Premierships and has vast Champions League experience.

He has signed a 1 year contract that will not be extended if a certain number of games are not completed.

From what I see,Spurs have nothing to lose.

If we get a good season from him ,great,if not so what?

Plus this man,must want to play for Spurs,because it takes balls to do what he has done.

He's still a gooner though.

Fact is it was plain enough to see our defensive problems after Tuesday.

Gallas is 32,not quite 33 yet.

He comes on a free tranfer.

Taken a pay cut,compared what he was offered at Arsenal.

The player has won Premierships and has vast Champions League experience.

He has signed a 1 year contract that will not be extended if a certain number of games are not completed.

From what I see,Spurs have nothing to lose.

If we get a good season from him ,great,if not so what?

Plus this man,must want to play for Spurs,because it takes balls to do what he has done.

He's still a gooner though.

I think spurs have got something to lose. Gallas was disruptive in the changing rooms and openly criticized teammates to the media. Does a team need a player like that? By looking on other Football forums a few spuds have also shown concern on his disruptive nature. And Gallas IS 33 his b-day was the 17th Aug..

As for the pay-cut, he had to take one as Arsenal wouldn't pay a player in that stage of his carrer £80K p/w. His demands back fired and no other club would pay that. so hence the pay cut. I think going to spurs was for him a no brainer... a london club wants to sign him - saves him moving house!

What a load of old bo**ocks

Ask any Spuds fan when you won the 1998-99 League cup if they were not happy? (Your manager that day was a gooner)

Ask any Spuds fan that they did not like former gooner Clive Allen who scored (60 goals in 105 apps for you)(He never played a league game for Arsenal but was a gooner)

Ask any Spuds fan if they didnt go potty when David Bently scored a cracking volley in the 4-4 draw against Arsenal in 2008 (He played for Arsenal)(Only once i think but still a gooner)

A West Ham fan talking shit.

Once again coming on threads that have no concern to West Ham fans.

What the hell has Gallas,Spurs and Arsenal got to do with you.

Just out of courtesy I will answer your questions.

First,Gallas will not be liked at the Lane,because of his Gooner and Chelsea links,but if he performs,he will be tolerated

for the sake of the team.

Second,1998-99 Cup Final victory,with manager George Graham in charge was a great occasion[i know,Iwas there],but on the

lap of honour,the ex Gooner was still heckled and booed at,as he was at the Lane,every game,winning or losing.

Third,Clive Allen never player for the Gooners,Jesus mate,grow up,cant you come up with anything better,than that.

Fourth,Bentley[with 2 "e"] still has'nt been accepted yet,and dont be surprised to see him leave soon.Spurs fans celebrated

more when Lennon scored from 6 yards.

Im not the only one that talk b-----ks on here.

Any more rubbish,and I will be glad to reply.

Spurfect[season Ticket holder]

Second,1998-99 Cup Final victory,with manager George Graham in charge was a great occasion[i know,Iwas there],but on the

lap of honour,the ex Gooner was still heckled and booed at,as he was at the Lane,every game,winning or losing.

Well that just goes to show how fickle (I take it you know what that means) Spuds fans are and im sure not all Spuds fans share your view :D

Third,Clive Allen never player for the Gooners,Jesus mate,grow up,cant you come up with anything better,than that.

Take a look at the post i put up and you will see that i said Clive Allen never played for Arsenal but in 1980 he was indeed a gooner before he was a Spud (In fact he did play 3 pre season games for the gooners) KNOW YOUR HISTORY :D

Fourth,Bentley[with 2 "e"] still has'nt been accepted yet

You make me laugh, Still not been accepted :D :D What do you have to do to be accepted then ffs

One last thing, No two last things, Dont go on about my spelling im sure any member of the forum could pick many a hole in your posts and also did i not read on one thread that in your own words you were leaving us because i found it a shame to read as i have so much fun going fishing with you and every time i get a catch :D

Well my friends,you will be glad to know that my Tottenham Hotspur Season Ticket has arrived.

So you can all keep your little forum of friendship and happiness going,and supporting your little clubs.[New armchairs for the new season.?]

You will get your wish,of me disappearing,because Im off to watch the Spurs and their Champions League campaign.

No one slags off my team,and get a easy ride,banter or not.

COYS.

FOYG.and Chelsea and West Ham.

One team in London.

Cheerio.

But your still here :D

Hello spudfect,

I got one question for you........... as a true fan who never watches his team from an arm chair because his a season ticket holder, what the hell are you doing on here today??? surely as a true fan you'd go to away games too, or at least be in a pub watching it. :smiley20: or do you just love coming on here and seeing cockerkneeboy and me :unsure:

I'm glad Gallas has gone to you, now he can sit in the middle of your field crying when he f**ks up, just like a true spud :thumbsup:

How about joining me in the pub on 21st November???? :drink:

Anita I am disappointed in you.

You must be a true T.V supporter.

Just because you are a season ticket holder at any club,does not guarentee you a ticket for away games.

You must apply,and loyalty points come into consideration,with club's resticting allocation,you tend to miss games.

But I watched the whole game on broadband,and I suggest you watch MOTD ,and see the goal of the season from Gareth Bale.

So yes Anita,I am Spurs fan,and know far more about them than you and your little West Ham sidekick.

How about joining me in the pub on 21st November????

Anita my Arsenal sidekick i doubt very much if his mum would let him into a pub but if by a long shot Mr Spurfect does say yes could i come to? I know that the Arsenal v Spuds thing is nothing to do with me as i have been told by god himself but i would love to take a backseat at the bar :drink:

Who knows we could all become the best of friends although i feel i have more chance of West Ham winning a game than i do becoming friends with such vermin :D

How about joining me in the pub on 21st November????

Anita my Arsenal sidekick i doubt very much if his mum would let him into a pub but if by a long shot Mr Spurfect does say yes could i come to? I know that the Arsenal v Spuds thing is nothing to do with me as i have been told by god himself but i would love to take a backseat at the bar :drink:

Sure Mr Boy you'd be welcome :drink: We could turn it into a forum get together :thumbsup: I've still got my tent........... err polo shirt :D