Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell

As a intrested onlooker with regards to local football in and around the St Austell area i think it is time for me to say what a wonderful job all the persons involved with AFC St Austell have done and are still doing.

Take a look at the way the club house was looking only 1 year ago i think i'm correct in saying it was used as a store more than a club house !! (correct me if i'm wrong)

This has got to be a big plus for the team structure for coming seasons as for finances etc.

The playing personal they have got in the 1st team and 2nd team seems to rival any other clubs in the respective divisions.

I a led to believe that the majority of the hard work has been undertaken by a handfull of people the likes of Mr Neil Powell, Mr James Chapman,Mr Trevor Trenouth and Mrs Pam Trenouth this is only what i've heard (i know there is a lot of people whom help out at the club but everyone i spoke too seems to always come up with these few names so a big pat on the back to you all).

Its great to see top flight football back in the town and i'm looking forward to visiting poltair park for lots of games this coming season to watch not only the 1st team but the 2nd team as well.

So once again many thanks from a happy follower of the Lillywhites

:clapper: :yahoo:

Could not agree more with you Kenny. A Couple of seasons ago, St Austell were a joke, losing 2-12 at home to Dobwalls, Failing to take a side to Vospers, but now look at them, playing premier division football. Award all at St Austell a big round of applause for turning the club around.

PS can someone tell me who the Chairman is, I am doing an article for a club programme, cannot find the information on the club's website.

Looking forward to my first visit this season tomorrow. Having been there when the Social Club was originally opened by Sir Alan Dalton in 1982 (which dates me a bit)it's great to see the hard work that has been put in by the committee (as well as supporters, sponsors and players) in getting the club back on its feet. Well done.

afcbandy - the Chairman was Mike Rowe but I believe James Hutchings has now taken over as Mike concentrates on other aspects of the Club's affairs. The one area where the club are still a little weak is the website but I expect that will be sorted at some point as the club moves forward.

Looking forward to my first visit this season tomorrow. Having been there when the Social Club was originally opened by Sir Alan Dalton in 1982 (which dates me a bit)it's great to see the hard work that has been put in by the committee (as well as supporters, sponsors and players) in getting the club back on its feet. Well done.

afcbandy - the Chairman was Mike Rowe but I believe James Hutchings has now taken over as Mike concentrates on other aspects of the Club's affairs. The one area where the club are still a little weak is the website but I expect that will be sorted at some point as the club moves forward.

Tony the club website will be all singing and dancing with regular updates . I believe a good website increases the clubs image and we now have someone who is going to make the website very good.

Id imagine the website to be up and running in 2/3 weeks , ( pleases confirm OZZELL FAN )

Money Man

I feel I must add my congratulations. I was at Poltair last week and was very impressed with the amount of work done by the members and commitee.

Grandstand looks brilliant with its new roof, everything repainted, nice hard standing put in, new goalposts and nets, clubhouse refurbished to a high standard and the usual great hospitality.