Cornwall Football Forum

Massey's Mutterings - August 18th 2010

Guest Rydon Ranger

Heard through the Peninsula Grapevine!that a team from Devon played to the managers tactics in the F A cup on Tuesday and lost, no prizes for guessing the team.

Heard there could be a vacancy for a defensive coach! :rolleyes:

I know that it is good to have a laugh and have a pop at the opposition, especially if they have been sucessfull, we all do it at times. However in this case i think that you should really know the facts before making tongue in cheek remarks about defensive coaches etc. Buckland have had something of a defensive crisis over the past two weeks, Captain Ben Williamson and right back Liam Drew have both been out injured, Marc Revell was away in Portugal getting married, Luke Horrocks was away on holiday and Brinton Nute returned to the States last week. This resulted in us having not a single recognised centre half before last weeks game against Elburton. Granted, we did manage to bring Paul Kendall in from Bideford for that game and him and normal left back Fergus Nevin performed admirably. On saturday in the FA cup v Radstock unfortunately Paul was unavailable, Ben Williamson started when probably not fit and broke down in the first half, he was partnered by central midfielder Mike Booth and we managed to scrape a 4-4 draw. In the replay last night we were lucky to have Luke Horrocks back from holiday and he was partnered again by midfielder Mike Booth. This has resulted in somewhat makeshift defences for the last few games.

This happens to all teams at times and you have to get over it the best you can, not making any excuses or looking for any sympathy but just trying to make the point that a team with a well drilled and settled defence will more likely perform much better. Please don't take this posting in the wrong context, i am purely pointing out what has happened. As for this saturday against Torpoint, well hopefully Liam will be fit for the game and i do believe that Marc is back from honeymoon tomorrow, but who knows how fit he is going to be......lol !!

Heard through the Peninsula Grapevine!that a team from Devon played to the managers tactics in the F A cup on Tuesday and lost, no prizes for guessing the team.

Heard there could be a vacancy for a defensive coach! :rolleyes:

I know that it is good to have a laugh and have a pop at the opposition, especially if they have been sucessfull, we all do it at times. However in this case i think that you should really know the facts before making tongue in cheek remarks about defensive coaches etc. Buckland have had something of a defensive crisis over the past two weeks, Captain Ben Williamson and right back Liam Drew have both been out injured, Marc Revell was away in Portugal getting married, Luke Horrocks was away on holiday and Brinton Nute returned to the States last week. This resulted in us having not a single recognised centre half before last weeks game against Elburton. Granted, we did manage to bring Paul Kendall in from Bideford for that game and him and normal left back Fergus Nevin performed admirably. On saturday in the FA cup v Radstock unfortunately Paul was unavailable, Ben Williamson started when probably not fit and broke down in the first half, he was partnered by central midfielder Mike Booth and we managed to scrape a 4-4 draw. In the replay last night we were lucky to have Luke Horrocks back from holiday and he was partnered again by midfielder Mike Booth. This has resulted in somewhat makeshift defences for the last few games.

This happens to all teams at times and you have to get over it the best you can, not making any excuses or looking for any sympathy but just trying to make the point that a team with a well drilled and settled defence will more likely perform much better. Please don't take this posting in the wrong context, i am purely pointing out what has happened. As for this saturday against Torpoint, well hopefully Liam will be fit for the game and i do believe that Marc is back from honeymoon tomorrow, but who knows how fit he is going to be......lol !!

Cast another line someone has taken the bait :lol: :lol: