Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin v St Blazey attendance

Official figure recorded as 196.

However, the crowd was pretty big so quite a few people did headcounts. These varied from 250 - 310, so the actual figure was much higher than the one recorded.

Official attendance at Blaise Park on Saturday 143. Your guess 175

Not sure what point you're trying to make with this thread.

V.A.T. is payable on the takings at the gate, not on the amount of persons watching. Lots of clubs let kids in free, some clubs committee members don't or refuse to pay which is an absolute disgrace and you can't charge those with SWPL or CCFA passes.

3 or 4 people doing a head count, take the average and that should be about right, forget what the clubs actually say. Last season, the Newquay secretary went round with a bouncers clicker and did a very accurate count.

The problem you have with attendances is that clubs arnt sure what figure to give. There were 175 at St Blazey on saturday but the difference from 143, (32) is probably non paying club officials for both sides. What ever their roll at a club, at the end of the day, they are there to support their club. So a true figure is 175 but a paying crowd figure is 143.

However, the crowd was pretty big so quite a few people did headcounts. These varied from 250 - 310, so the actual figure was much higher than the one recorded.

Official attendance at Blaise Park on Saturday 143. Your guess 175

Not sure what point you're trying to make with this thread.

No "point", just an observation!

Feeling jittery before tonight are we?!

See you this evening :)

V.A.T. is payable on the takings at the gate, not on the amount of persons watching. Lots of clubs let kids in free, some clubs committee members don't or refuse to pay which is an absolute disgrace and you can't charge those with SWPL or CCFA passes.

3 or 4 people doing a head count, take the average and that should be about right, forget what the clubs actually say. Last season, the Newquay secretary went round with a bouncers clicker and did a very accurate count.

For SWPL matches, the attendance requested by the league is of those at the game, regardless of wether they have paid or not.

For FA competitions the clubs have to break down the figures to account for those paying and those not.

We do not expect our 2nd/3rd team players to pay to watch the 1st team (after all their weekly subs help keep the club going).

Nor do we charge U16s affiliated to our Youth teams.

So its quite easy to get 30/40 non payers as part of the attendance. There is no need to hide them from the official attendance figure though.

The difficult is normally the volunteer on the gate losing track of how many have gone through, and no one will knock someone who gives up their own time to help out.

My point

Real figure 310 say minus 50 for free loaders = 260

260 @ £4 a head = £1040

Declared crowd of 196 @ £4 = £784

Taxman works off the figure of £784 taking VAT, etc.

Difference between figures = £256

Can be used for those little extras that the taxman doesn't see.

Simples <_<

My point

Real figure 310 say minus 50 for free loaders = 260

260 @ £4 a head = £1040

Declared crowd of 196 @ £4 = £784

Taxman works off the figure of £784 taking VAT, etc.

Difference between figures = £256

Can be used for those little extras that the taxman doesn't see.

Simples <_<

sounds like someone speaking with experience in these sorts of things ? :ninja:

See you this evening

Oops Dan you might be regretting that

I still haven't actually come to terms with what I witnessed last night! When I have, I might post a few words on here.

Full marks to Torpoint though, they wanted it a lot more.

See you this evening

Oops Dan you might be regretting that

I still haven't actually come to terms with what I witnessed last night! When I have, I might post a few words on here.

Full marks to Torpoint though, they wanted it a lot more.

Easily answered in 2 words,(bloody hammered)lol.

Back to the original topic,when was the head count done?I know that the gates are sometimes not manned after about 30 mins so anyone coming into the ground after that wouldn't be counted.Add to this children getting in free and as reported earlier Officials from both Clubs,League and County your numbers soon rise above the number who actually pay to watch the match.Just an observation.

Again I might be wrong, but I didn't think you pay VAT if you're not VAT registered?

Again I might be wrong, but I didn't think you pay VAT if you're not VAT registered?

Why wouldnt they be VAT registered?