Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL V DARTMOUTH FC

Well the first home game of the new AFC St Austell at step 6.

And what a game it was, a big thank you to the tremendous local support back at Poltair Park (some back to watch after years of watching higher league football at St Blazey) EST croud was 150 with only 10 or so from Dartmouth, I am sure we can achieve easily this year our target crowd average of 200 especially if we continue to give the supporters exciting performances like that.

Some Thanks

Match Sponsor The White Pyramid,Trewoon

Ball Sponsor, The Western Inn, St Austell

Headland Printers- For our Programme which I thought was absolutley supurb(Comments please from anyone at the match). Note to everyone our full colour programme 30 pages is designed and printed for free. Thanks Chris you really are a star and the luck you bring is noted lol.

St Austell Brewery- For all your work on our tremendous looking refurbished clubhouse. Great to have you guys back on board with St Austell after such a long time. You along with alot of people recognise that this club is going places and want to be part of the exciting times.

All in all an excellent 1st victory at this level and I am sure you will agree that Poltair really is looking fantastic with our new clubhouse and stand plus the hardstanding on 3 sides now......... Floodlights next yes floodlights ... WOW

With so many local and national sponsors backing us, we really are able to start and believe that in the next couple of years there is not anything that we cant achieve.

Thanks also to the players who are beginning to gel and with a few more additions perhaps we can challenge a little bit higher than the clubs mid table prediction.

AFC St Austell will be a force to be reckoned with in the South West and belive me you will want to be involved with this club ( you know who you are ) come on get involved at Poltair lets build something special.

Liddicoat Sanderson and Potter - 1st team sponsors thanks David and Ash for being there and for your continued excellent support of the clubs 1st team.

Finnaly what a hard working commitee we have thanks to Neil P, Lea C, Mike R, Steve B Warren N Trevor, James H, Gaz, Darryl, Phil, James , Steve K, Brian, Clive, John, Dan N, Brian S, Adam K, AND ................... Chappers

An excellent win by the Lillywhites.

Money Man

Match report or just advertising your list of sponsors.

If we all did it this forum might as well be an advertising agency. :angry2:

Thank you for that but I believe its justified as a club like ours just would not function without sponsorship and a small mention every now and then goes a long way.

Money Man

Nemesis the AFC St Austell line up wa as follows.

1. Ellis Glassup 2 Richard Crapp 3 Damon Mulready 4 Martin Giles 5 Adam Trudgian, 6 Darren Edwards 7 Will Tinsley 8 Neil Slateford 9 Kevin Lawrence 10 Richard Rundle 11 Dan Nancarrow

Subs from Pat Shaughnessy Chris Philips Ben Douglas Gary Whieldon Matt Parsons

Havent got the Dartmouth line up to hand perhaps Ozzel Fan can add this.

Score AFC St Austell 4 Dartmouth 2

Scorers for St Austell Shaughnessy 2 Slateford and Whieldon

Nemesis the AFC St Austell line up wa as follows.

1. Ellis Glassup 2 Richard Crapp 3 Damon Mulready 4 Martin Giles 5 Adam Trudgian, 6 Darren Edwards 7 Will Tinsley 8 Neil Slateford 9 Kevin Lawrence 10 Richard Rundle 11 Dan Nancarrow

Subs from Pat Shaughnessy Chris Philips Ben Douglas Gary Whieldon Matt Parsons

Havent got the Dartmouth line up to hand perhaps Ozzel Fan can add this.

Score AFC St Austell 4 Dartmouth 2

Scorers for St Austell Shaughnessy 2 Slateford and Whieldon

Average age of starting line up is 22. Young side miinnnd! Could of been alot younger if Dan Nancarrow wasn't in the team, he looks good for 33 years old though to be fair to the lad! :)

Dartmouth team as follows:

1. Daniel Duffy 2. Jake Ellis 3. Steve Weeks 4. Stuart Rickard 5. Steve Reece 6. Richard Hammett 7. Daniel Griffiths 8. Sam Churchill (captain) 9. Ben Bowhay 10. Luke Brown 11. John Barrow Subs: 12. Lance Worthington 14. Jordan Havelin 15. Scott McRoy 16. Ryan Frost.

Ref: George Pattison (Helston)

Hammett and Griffiths were the goalscorers.

I was close to having a lump in my throat reading that Money Man!! Was half expecting to hear you include "Maggie Thatcher & Sir Winston Churchill" in your tribute!! :D

More seriously, good on you for mentioning all those parties and persons who are crucial in the existence of all Football Clubs at this level. Keep up the good work up there, Poltair deserves it.

Good looking side that Money man, have always admired little Kev and to have Pat on the bench as a high quality sub, there will be some sides who may underestimate St Ozzel. Hope to meet again in the Cups, i'll make sure all my holidays are booked for June next year !

Quote....a big thank you to the tremendous local support back at Poltair Park (some back to watch after years of watching higher league football at St Blazey)

Thats what you call ground hoppers, not supporters, or Man UTD fans if you prefere!! :rolleyes:

Finnaly what a hard working commitee we have thanks to Neil P, Lea C, Mike R, Steve B Warren N Trevor, James H, Gaz, Darryl, Phil, James , Steve K, Brian, Clive, John, Dan N, Brian S, Adam K, AND ................... Chappers

Is Peter Beard no longer with the club? dry.gif

Sorry my apologies Pete Beard is also one of the stalwarts at AFC St Austell

Money Man

Keep up the good work Money Man. Back from holiday so will see my first game of the season against Elburton on Saturday - hopefully 3 points and looking forward to buying (or preferably being bought) a pint in the 'new' clubhouse!

Tony

That was some Holiday........ I am in the wrong business .. Be good to catch up try and be up there a bit before kick off so I can show you around the new clubhouse stand etc

Money Man

Is it really called "AFC St Austell" these days?

At least that might stop people referring to it as "Town". I live in hope.

And yes, I'm still in a bad mood.

Town ........ No not anymore please Dan AFC St Austell or the Lillywhites.

We are a born again club with lots of bright young players and commitee striving to be better. If your passing pop in and see the changes.

Best of luck against Dartmouth and we will try and beat Ellburton so we can all be happy :thumbsup:

Money Man

We are a born again club with lots of bright young players and commitee striving to be better. If your passing pop in and see the changes.

Best of luck against Dartmouth and we will try and beat Ellburton so we can all be happy :thumbsup:

Money Man

It irritates the life out of me when people refer to it as "Town", as to my knowledge, the club has never been called St Austell Town FC.

Yes, popped in a little while ago and was pleased to see it's not just all talk anymore.

Great to see my home town club moving forward.

As far as I know, it has never been "Town" officially but to all born & bred locals in the St.Austell area the club has always been, and still is, refered to as Town. Don't know why except I suppose for residents of all outlying villages, St.Austell is the town. Not sure why it should irritate you Dan?

Money Man

It irritates the life out of me when people refer to it as "Town", as to my knowledge, the club has never been called St Austell Town FC.

Yes, popped in a little while ago and was pleased to see it's not just all talk anymore.

Great to see my home town club moving forward.

DanAFCSTAustell............ be nice to see you back following your home town club.... Sat Home to Elburton Villa make yourself known at the gate and I am sure we will welcome you in with a complimentary ticket and food at half time...... Up to you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back The Lillywhites ........LOTS ARE