Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly Results Sat 14/08/2010

Carharrack 3 (FHFL 1)

Grampound 2 (Duchy 1)

Overall a draw would probably have been a fair result but Carharrack took their chances to edge the match.

Played in a competitive but fair manner,the match opened with a well taken goal by Mark Rapsey,extended when a corner landed in the far corner of the net.

A penalty for each team made the score 3-1 and Grampound,who finished the game strongly,reduced the scoreline with a goal with about five minutes left.

A good workout for both teams and all the best for the season ahead in your respective leagues.

Sticker 2nds 0 Elburton Villa 2nds 5

This was my first visit to Sticker. The hospitality was superb, very friendly, the banter was excellent, the facilities were also superb. For once, conversation was not all about Cornish football but everything in general about football.

The game itself was all about match fitness and not the result. It was a good run out for both sides. The referee was a bit excited with the cautions 3 or 4 in total, nothing but a good talking too would have been enough, it was not that sort of game.

My compliments for everyone at Sticker FC and the very best for the forthcoming season.

Carharrack 3 (FHFL 1)

Grampound 2 (Duchy 1)

Overall a draw would probably have been a fair result but Carharrack took their chances to edge the match.

Played in a competitive but fair manner,the match opened with a well taken goal by Mark Rapsey,extended when a corner landed in the far corner of the net.

A penalty for each team made the score 3-1 and Grampound,who finished the game strongly,reduced the scoreline with a goal with about five minutes left.

A good workout for both teams and all the best for the season ahead in your respective leagues.

After getting back from holiday I managed to grab the last couple of minutes of the game. Was told Rappo doning his new No. 10 shirt scored a peach on his debut for Carharrack and Dennis Fellowfield played a blinder in goal. :thumbsup:

Guest Bundiwilliams

Portreath 2 trispen 1

scorers- David Bartlam 2

Starting line up- peter willis,peter williams, jason fenton, shaun stevens, adam mathews, bundi, leon gilbert, paul carter,scott thomas, carl hubbard, david bartlam.

subs - leigh isaacs (on 28th minute for shaun stevens, due to broken arm)

Steve Putman ( on 50th minute for pete willis in goal)

Matt Doble ( on 55th minute for scott thomas due to concussion)

two faces missing today, jamie mooney and stuart leeson so looking good for this season, roll on next week when it all kicks off

well done boys, i love you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

Portreath 2 trispen 1

scorers- David Bartlam 2

Starting line up- peter willis,peter williams, jason fenton, shaun stevens, adam mathews, bundi, leon gilbert, paul carter,scott thomas, carl hubbard, david bartlam.

two faces missing today, jamie mooney and stuart leeson so looking good for this season, roll on next week when it all kicks off

3 faces missing Bundi. You forgot me! :)

Great result mate, I cant wait to get back playing x

Carharrack Reserves (FHL3) 0 Grampound Reserves (Duchy 5) 3

Another good preseason workout. Grampound had a great deal of pressure in the first half but only had a Jason Retallick goal following good work by Darren Endean to show for there dominance at half time. Lee Budge made it 2-0 on the hour after Endean's effort was saved at point blank range Budge smashed home the rebound. On 70 minutes Matt Skews's excellent finish made it 3-0. Carharrack threw the kitchen sink at Grampound in the final 10 minutes but Grampound missed some good chances on the break to increase the lead.

Thanks for the BBQ after the game - a great atmosphere you boys have & good luck for the season. :thumbsup:

Guest Bundiwilliams

Portreath 2 trispen 1

scorers- David Bartlam 2

you wasnt missing mate, your always in our hearts, safe return buddy, but dont take too long!!!!

3 faces missing Bundi. You forgot me! :)

Great result mate, I cant wait to get back playing x

cheers to grampound lads for the day!

was a good blast up the club but yet again the drinking trophies remain in carharracks hands.

winning the man of the match pints, an also winning the boat race for another season!!

best of luck to you for the season ahead and njoyed chattin to the lads in truro last nyt also! :drink: :clapper:

Fal Athletic 2nds 1-5 Helston 1sts

One all at half time, Fal athletic also hitting the crossbar with a penalty after about 30mins. A young looking Helston always dangerous and moving the ball around well,Falmouth pretty resoloute in defence and created a few decent chances themselves.As expected after about 70 mins Helstons fitter younger and slimmer side began to dominate proceedings and scored 4 quick goals .A good competitive game though and on this performance Fal Athletic in Div 3 of fal/hel should go close.

Guest CONFLICTO

have heard that fal ath 2nds are going to compete with mawnan 1st for biggest average age this season

two seen playing saturday were stevie 40 yr old coggin and nick 44 yr old odwyer

Also heard that Athletic 2nds have that biggest lardey ass keeper and some gimp playing cenre half called sloth or summing, Is that correct..... :smiley20: