Cornwall Football Forum

Law Amendments 2010/11

Guest Ray Lloyd

Guest Ray Lloyd

Hi All,

For those Referees who have not received the updates for this season or who have not bought a 2010/11 laws of the Game. The only amendments of note are as follows (THE NEW TEXT IS IN CAPITALS).

LAW 5 The Referee

A player must leave the field of play to receive treatment, the exceptions to this ruling are to be made only when: a goalkeeper is injured, a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need immediate attention, PLAYERS FROM THE SAME TEAM HAVE COLLIDED AND NEED IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

LAW 14 The Penalty Kick

Feinting in the run up to take a Penalty Kick to confuse opponents is permited as part of Football. HOWEVER, FEINTING TO KICK THE BALL ONCE THE PLAYER HAS COMPLETED HIS RUN-UP IS CONSIDERED AN INFRINGEMENT OF LAW 14 AND AN ACT OF UNSPORTING BEHAVIOUR FOR WHICH THE PLAYER MUST BE CAUTIONED.

So a player can jink around on the way to kicking the ball but cannot stop until he has kicked the ball.

Full details of all amendments are available on the FIFA website

It is also interesting to note that even though representations were made, in their wisdom they stated 'The use of goal-line technology and indeed technology in general within the game was rejected by majority decision, I bet those who voted against it feel a little silly now!! :SM_carton:

I hope you all have a good and enjoyable season.

Cheers,

Ray :rolleyes:

so if you got a really bad ankle! can barely walk! you got to leave the field of play?? or is it just a misinterpretation of the wording?

Surely it should be leave the field of play after or before receiving treatment?

or can you no longer give any treatment on the field of play??

Thanks Ray!!

'Feinting in the run up to take a Penalty Kick to confuse opponents is permited as part of Football.' Does this mean that a player can stop, or pause, in his run up but not when he is about to strike the ball? i.e. A right footed players run up would be at it's end once the left leg is planted to strike the ball.

Thanks Ray!!

'Feinting in the run up to take a Penalty Kick to confuse opponents is permited as part of Football.' Does this mean that a player can stop, or pause, in his run up but not when he is about to strike the ball? i.e. A right footed players run up would be at it's end once the left leg is planted to strike the ball.

Don't worry yourself Spider, you proberly won't be taking any Pens anyway. :D:D:D:yahoo: :P

Guest Ray Lloyd

Thanks Guys,

I haven't quoted the full law only the amendment,

St Darren:

With Law 5 you have to add the new text to the exsisting text (It is written out in full in the Laws of the Game) previously if a Goalkeeper was injured, he could receive treatment and stay on the field of play (not have to leave) because the law says there has to be a goalkeeper on each side. It also made sense that if an outfield player was injured at the same time as the goalkeeper he should be able to be treated and not leave the field of play. What the additional text is now saying is that if two outfield players from the same team need immediate (urgent) attention they should be able to receive this and not have to leave the field of play. For all other injuries, players MUST leave the field of play. I hope that explains that.

Onesport.

The Penalty, the Law amendment specifically states 'has completed his run-up, which suggests the final part of the penalty, so a player should not stop make the goalkeeper commit himself then kick it into a basically open goal.

I hope that explains it all for you,

Cheers,

Ray