Cornwall Football Forum

Thanks to Hayle FC

On behalf of Bere Alston United, I'd like to thank everyone at Hayle FC for their hospitality on another entertainng afternoons football, especially after we got stuck on the A30 and the 2nd team game kicked off 45 minutes later than planned.

Despite fielding two very much depleted teams (and fearing the worst :wacko:), I felt both Bere sides gave a good account of themselves, with the 1st team match inparticular providing a 10 goal thriller for the fans.

We (the 1st team) had six players missing, but were arguably the better side for 20 minutes in the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second and were doing well to hold Denty's new boys at 2-2 until some sloppy mistakes and tired legs cost us dearly, conceding four quick goals midway through the 2nd half only to rally late on and add a couple more ourselves to make it respectable.

Bere's goals coming from a deflected effort from Marcus Pethick, Will Westlake (2nd header in a week), Mike Curtis and an OG, which Westy thinks he is trying to claim but if that's the case ...I'm sure I got a touch from the dugout :thumbsup:

As 'haylemed' said, preseason is all about the fitness and cementing relationships with fellow clubs across the county and beyond.....However, I think that although we have no doubt done the latter with our 'friends' from Hayle....I fear the fitness may have gone out of the window with the amount of beer that was supped and burgers consumed after the game :smiley20::drink:

Extra work in training for some next week!!!!!!!! :(

Once again, thanks to Hayle FC and best wishes to you all for the coming season, particularly your new look 1st XI in SWPL1(W) :thumbsup:

thanks for a great day coachkt all you guys are welcome back at hayle anytime.

hope asbo is alright after his mild attempt at the yard of ale.

the offer for next year is still open. this is what preseason is all about.

making good friends and having a good time.i think the hayle lot were the better dancers

though.good luck to you all.see you next year mate :thumbsup: