Cornwall Football Forum

Another sad loss

Guest Norry

shocked and saddened at hearing of charlie (st buryan) matthews....a great and generous man

my thought's go to all of his family at their sad loss..and to all at buryan football club.

to where he was well respected..

Blimey, this is shockingly sad news, Charlie was one of cornish football's legends. A workaholic to the game, always got a warm welcome from Charlie after the long journey down to Buryan and he was also a brilliant referee when asked to step in.

My condolences to his family and friends and everyone at St Buryan.

Phil Pascoe - Threemilestone afc.

Guest tractor boys

will be missed a great gent always made you felt welcome at st buryan never a bad word ,,r.i.p.. sympathies to the family all from the way family,,

Sad news. I am shocked and saddened to hear about Charlie's death having had a few dealing with him he has always been the perfect gent and nothing i went to him with was ever to much trouble for him, i'm glad, as has been pointed out that he had the pleasure of bringing the Junior Cup home, he will be sadly missed by all.

Sad condolences from all at Pendeen Rovers AFC

Very sad news for his family and friends and for St Buryan FC but also for local football in general. We all depend on people like Charlie who are willing to do all the organising and if necessary the refereeing too. Trips to Buryan will never quite be the same again.

Many condolences from all at Newlyn Non-Athletico FC.