Cornwall Football Forum

Robartes ( Min 1 ) 5 .v. Mt Ambrose ( Min 2 ) 0

At Troon.

A very encouraging performance, despite the final score line, in which we have taken a number of positives. We played 5 across the midfield to try and stifle a very strong Robartes side which, no doubt, will be challenging for winning medals in all competitions this season. A good battle from the off, both teams were playing passing football and the one thing we didn't want ( an early conceded goal ) unfortunately came from Michael Catterall who lashed the ball home from just inside the box. As the half wore on we restricted Robartes to half chances and long range efforts as our back line of myself, John Williams, Craig Barnard and Tony Odgers cleared up any danger. Our midfield worked tirelessly throughout but with only one man up top we were always going to struggle to support him and really test the Robartes back line or 'keeper and any joy we did get was cleared with Danny Andrewartha and Shane Rosevear playing well at centre half. We talked at half time about just keeping our momentum and work rate going but as the game went on Robartes came on strongly and pressurised for long periods as we found it difficult to make the ball stick up top. Further goals were added by Ralph Pascoe who hit a good left foot shot from distance and scored another straight from a corner, Carl ' Stretch ' Stretton swept the ball into the net from a right wing cross and I think Liam was the other goal getter. A really good game to be involved in, hard challenges were few and far between but all very fair as both sides get ready for the up coming season. On a personal level, there was some good banter with friends I have on the opposing team which made it an enjoyable afternoon.

All the best to all involved with Robartes for this season on behalf of Mt. Ambrose FC.

Troon Combination 4 Chacewater 1 h/t 1-0

A new look Chacewater team can take a lot of positives from this first friendly match against their higher league opponents.They matched Troon in the first half and couldn't take advantage of the gilt edged chance which was carved out and the home team took the lead with a well timed run down the right and ball squared into the middle.

Chacewater equalised early in the second half following a corner and then took the game to Troon but were unable to add to their lead despite some good and half chances.Troon regained the lead following a quick break in the 70th minute which was extended ten minutes later with a deflected shot.With Chacewater on the attack,they were caught short at the back as Troon added a flattering fourth goal in the last minute.

Thanks to Jodie,Malcolm and Troon for the game and we wish you all the best in the forthcoming season.

Also heard that Falmouth Athletic beat St. Agnes Combination 3-2 yesterday.

I took myself along to watch penryn v mawnan yesterday. the first half was ok the second half was the worst football ive ever seen. think the final score was 3-2 mawnan. penryn were 2-0 up at half time. i grabbed a pint at half time and thought the game had changed to an under 16s game when i came back out. some good players for mawnan and penryn but on the flip side some bloody shocking ones aswell.

heard penryn thirds won 6-0.

can see mawnan winning div 3 but not sure about penryn in div 2.

I took myself along to watch penryn v mawnan yesterday. the first half was ok the second half was the worst football ive ever seen. think the final score was 3-2 mawnan. penryn were 2-0 up at half time. i grabbed a pint at half time and thought the game had changed to an under 16s game when i came back out. some good players for mawnan and penryn but on the flip side some bloody shocking ones aswell.

heard penryn thirds won 6-0.

can see mawnan winning div 3 but not sure about penryn in div 2.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there at least 9 players in the squad from the under 18's team? There was always at least 5 actually on the field at any one time. With the majority of them being 16 or 17, I think they gve a good account of themselves. The older guys done well also. I certainly wouldn't say it was the most shocking game of football you've ever seen. We've all certainly played in worse games