Cornwall Football Forum

Morwenstow

Guest Stopgap!

Guest Stopgap!

Morwenstow have been drawn at Saltash in the junior cup

but according to North Devon Gazette Football League web

site, news item 1st August 2010, Morwenstow have withdrawn

from the league.Have they joined a different league?

Can anyone shed some light on this? please. :wacko:

They were running 3 sides last year with the reserves in the North Devon Prem and the thirds in the Kingsley League, they have pulled the seconds out of the North Devon so thirds are now the reserves. I think the North Devon Prem recently had senior status in Cornwall Cup Competitions so you may have been playing the thirds anyway.

Guest Stopgap!

I think you will find that their reserves are now in the Kingsley League having left the North Devon League.

hope this helps.

Yes, thanks very much. Can't find much info on Kingsley League, but I see Morwenstow have won J cup 3 times!

Any idea what sort of standard to expect now?

I guess it depends on how many of the North Devon side hang around and drop down to keep playing for the club, they have some good players but struggled in that league. The thirds were a mixture of old and young (like most Kingsley league sides) so expect you will see a few useful players with younger ones added in and around. They won the junior cup when their first team were in the ND Prem before they switched to East Cornwall, that was when North Devon Prem had junior status in Cornwall. Kingsley League is typically new teams starting out or reserves/thirds bringing youngsters into mens football.