Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Ivybridge Town

SWPL Premier football returns to Bickland tomorrow with the visit of Ivybridge Town.

With up to 10 new players joining the Falmouth squad team selection is going to be very interesting with 21 players used in Pre season,leaving a healthy competition for midfield and strikeforce.

A promising new central defensive pairing of Shane White from Torpoint and Jamie Dirrane from Ivybridge is taking shape.

New Ivybridge manager is Paul Edwards who also has many new additions including the two Landricombe brothers(Mike and Levi from Tavistock) and returning to the Erme Valley club is stalwart midfield Justin Crowley who served the Bickland club well in its final push to third spot last term.

This will be the 4th.SWPL visit of Ivybridge and they have yet to record a win or even a goal at Bickland Park.

One record Falmouth will be keen to remove is-It was 8 seasons ago when they last opened the League season with a victory.(2002,2-1 at Penzance)

SWPL Premier football returns to Bickland tomorrow with the visit of Ivybridge Town.

With up to 10 new players joining the Falmouth squad team selection is going to be very interesting with 21 players used in Pre season,leaving a healthy competition for midfield and strikeforce.

A promising new central defensive pairing of Shane White from Torpoint and Jamie Dirrane from Ivybridge is taking shape.

New Ivybridge manager is Paul Edwards who also has many new additions including the two Landricombe brothers(Mike and Levi from Tavistock) and returning to the Erme Valley club is stalwart midfield Justin Crowley who served the Bickland club well in its final push to third spot last term.

This will be the 4th.SWPL visit of Ivybridge and they have yet to record a win or even a goal at Bickland Park.

One record Falmouth will be keen to remove is-It was 8 seasons ago when they last opened the League season with a victory.(2002,2-1 at Penzance)

5th time lucky for Ivybridge........ Looks like you will have to wait for another season to gain a win on the opening game.

Good luck for the remainder of the season.

5th time lucky for Ivybridge........ Looks like you will have to wait for another season to gain a win on the opening game.

Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Falmouth 3 Ivybridge 4 angry.gif

Falmouth V Ivybridge,

To sum it up Falmouth got beaten by a far better team,

Ivybridge were faster slicker, better in defence, & sharper in attack,

Alan Carey in his interview on Radio Cornwall summed it up perfectly,

He said Falmouth were very poor, a lot of the Players did not perform as we know they can, & he said they know who they are,

& they will have to sort it out,

Myself I am still not convinced that bringing 7 players from PZ to falmouth, is going to make for a better team, they did not do it for PZ,

Also some of the players were not playing in their normal positions,

Ivybridge had never won at Falmouth until today, they fully deserved their win,

Other teams watch out for Ivybridge the are a very good outfit, & I can see the causing problems for teams who may think that they are easy meat, you have been warned

Hammers :c::angry: :c:

Good summary Hammers -what concerns me is that of all the 21 players used in pre season only four are considered defenders and with Sean Flynn unavailable today it was down to three.

No competition for places there then.

All this talk of Falmouth being title contenders/favourites because of Big new signings is way off the mark.

Falmouth have recruited good local West Cornwall players.

ps It was also Ivybridge's first goal scored in four visits at Bickland today

It seemed above average gate today and I recognised quite a few Truro faces.

The pitch looked impressive from a distance -not a daisy in site and what an effort to get all that concrete surround in place.Well done to all.

I hear there are more plans in place for the second phase of improvements

Good result from Ivybridge, should be a heavily contested game between them and Parkway on Wednesday at Bolitho. As far as the 21 players used in pre-season...how many have been signed on, and why bring in soo many Penzance players when they didn't do a particularly decent job last year.?

Great result for Ivybridge they closed down Falmouth very well... Justin Crowley was great and for Ivybridge... unsung hero last year for Falmouth at the end of the last season.

Problem for Falmouth is that they signed loads of midfielders yet only have two recogised defenders and were found out in the full back area on many occasions....

Falmouth will score loads this season with Drummond and others looking good, but without a back four they will win nothing...

Need to get Sean Flynn off his caravan park and palying again...

what was the falmouth line up?

J. Chapman, M. Holland, K. Turner (L. Eddy), S. White, J. Dirrane, D. Green, J. Miller (R. Pope), M. Vercesi (capt.), M. Drummond, R. Fice, (P. Shaughnessy), J. Ludlam.

Subs not used: J. Sims, N.Thwaites.

That's a quite experienced squad most of whom have played a lot of football over the years.

I must admit I was little surprised to see Denis Mason down as "man of the match" for this game....I thought he was supposed to be serving a three match ban...different player or successful appeal perhaps?

Dennis Mason [59502]

Suspension: 3 match(es) from 2/8/2010 to 21/8/2010

I must admit I was little surprised to see Denis Mason down as "man of the match" for this game....I thought he was supposed to be serving a three match ban...different player or successful appeal perhaps?

Dennis Mason [59502]

Suspension: 3 match(es) from 2/8/2010 to 21/8/2010

The only thing you forgot to mention was the page to find it on............

the player got the suspension whilst playing for callington, so his ban starts when Callingtons season starts and finishes when they complete the 3 games.

3 points to the villains, great start for them

surprised at that considering the offence was in the the same league

either way a good result for ivybridge, after last nights result could be an entertainig season for the ivy faithful