Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge say cheerio to Beckett

Guest Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert, without getting into a slanging match with you, please get your facts right.

Mike Beckett has not been sacked by Wadebridge Town. If you want to know the truth, ask people at Wadebridge Town before posting on this site.

Mike Beckett is highly regarded by all at Wadebridge.

There will no futher comment on this.

Guest Uncle Albert

afcbandy, I did check my facts before posting last night and was told Mike Beckett was no longer the manager of Wadebridge Town. Sacked may be too strong a word, but he was removed as manager, even if it all seems amicable.

Why will there be no further comment, afcbandy? Is Wadebridge Town a society with secrets, like the Freemasons?

Uncle albert,

The Masons are not a secret society, but a society with secrets,

I gather you are not a Freemason, because if you were you would not make such a stupid statement,

I will not go into it further because it is quite clear that you would not understand,

So also on that matter get your facts right before you spout.

Hammers :c: :c:

Guest Uncle Albert

I have no time for the Freemasons or their society of secrets. And I dont understand how a football club at Peninsula League premier division level thinks it can keep it quiet that their manager has been removed.

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

Albert

Bodieve is definitely a secrit society, and any roomers are often riddikuled.

Similer to the won about the ground that I was laughed at four pointing out a few months ago.

thisiscornwall site again mentioned supermarkets and the Wadebridge club again yesterday.

hope no one forgets i brought this up 18 months ago, they wanted me queit because of haveing just secured a grant apparantly.

Told e me father lived over the field din I Dudley? ha ha

Bodieve Neighbour,

please tell me I had a job to understand your comments, we all make spelling mistakes, but are yours Deliberate,

Because if not you really do need to go back to School, they are the worst that I have ever seen on this Forum.

Hammers :c::huh: :c:

Bodieve Neighbour,

please tell me I had a job to understand your comments, we all make spelling mistakes, but are yours Deliberate,

Because if not you really do need to go back to School, they are the worst that I have ever seen on this Forum.

Hammers :c::huh::c:

I rather suspect he is my young daughter's English teacher!

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

Hammers me ol boody, i thankee fer yer concern bout me spellin and think twas the most polite way to say that I come across a bit stoopid.

For that I must thankee once more as you didn get all persnal.

Dan my ansome (Like woddi dun there er no?) you'm right bey, the kernow manner sticks with e, it wont even leave e drekly.

I have decided, tis much easier to spell the wrong way than tis the right so hopefully you'm all able to work out what i'm on about in future.

Mind you. fore I shoot; I have checked me book of words and would like write me last bit proper, so this is for you Hammers me luvver.

Albert

Bodieve is definitely a secrit society, and any roomers are often riddikuled.

Similer to the won about the ground that I was laughed at four pointing out a few months ago.

thisiscornwall site again mentioned supermarkets and the Wadebridge club again yesterday.

hope no one forgets i brought this up 18 months ago, they wanted me queit because of haveing just secured a grant apparantly.

Told e me father lived over the field din I Dudley? ha ha

Dearest Albert

The Wadebridge Club are almost certainly akin to a secret society as many stories or irregularities are often laughed off or brushed under the carpet. In actual fact I alerted the football folk of such a plan to build a large supermarket on their ground some 18 months ago but was laughed at profusely.

A trusty online news section of a respected website featured an article to back up such rumours yet again yesterday, with said supermarket even dangling a £500k carrot to the local council in order to get planning looked at favourably.

They wanted my rumour quashed as this was made public much sooner than they thought and were afraid it may harm their credibility with the Chairmans brothers old boys brigade, who were instrumental in gaining funding assistance for Bodieve to be developed only 2 years before.

I told you my father lived in neighbouring St Minver, didnt I Mr Dudley sir. (E was gaffer at the time I tell e.)

tis the last of that proper talking now I can tell e that for nothin! :smiley20:

There is nothing secret about Wadebridge Town FC.

The Supermarket situation has been well advertised and reported on for a while.

The proposed development is free for everyone to see at the football club with leaflets being available for ages.

It is in the process of approving planning permission at the council.

If it goes ahead it will be a benefit to the local community, schools and residents.

It will secure the football team for many years and provide excellent facilities for years to come which can only benefit Wadebridge and surrounding area.