Wednesday 4th August

Budleigh Salterton v Willand Rovers

Holsworthy v Barnstaple AAC

Vospers OV v Elburton Villa (6.30)

Thursday 5th August

Tiverton Town XI v Alphington

Taken from league website. Thank you.

Witheridge 1-0 Tiverton Town.

Witheridge should of won this game by a larger margain against a Tiverton side who fielded their first team. I personally feel Tivvy would only be a mid table side in the Peninsula Premier. Former Withy boss Chris Vinnicombe has a massive job on his hands at Ladysmead and with the budget available to him for the league they are in it looks like it's going to be a long hard season.

Good Luck Vinny unfortunately I think your gonna need it.

posted on Tiverton Town Forum

Re: Tivvy vs Witheridge - PSF match thread

by Whatever on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 pm

time to worry!!!

Witheridge the better side by far, Tivvy had the most influential player in Marshall but he can't do it all on his own, Bushin easliy shackled even before his knock, Mark Saunders as always gave 100% but no pace to play up front, the rest of the team very ordinary and off the Witheridge pace, could easily have been 3 or 4 against and really only created one chance that I think Moody the trialist missed.

With only David Steele (ribs) and Faux missing its clear there isn't any back up....I was told that Tivvy even borrowed a couple of Withy reserves players just before kick off to have some subs!!

I hope things turn around soon as the first few games are going to be vital for confidence and to set the scene for the rest of the season.

really need some powerful players who can hold their position, very lightweight all over the pitch with no one holding the ball up so it keeps coming back.

The fans saying it was an escape not to get CCB could well be cursing as thats just the sort of player needed.

Guest Rydon Ranger

[The fans saying it was an escape not to get CCB could well be cursing as thats just the sort of player needed.]

I agree with North Devon Dweller, when Buckland played Tiverton 10 days ago Carl Cliff played for Tivy and he was a real handfull, still a very good player, very strong, holds the ball up and brings other players into the game. I personally think that Tiverton are really going to struggle this season unless Vinny can bring in a bit of quality.

Camelford 2-3 St Blazey

Crowd: approx 45 (20 from Blazey)

Glad to see the back of pre season. Nothing like the real thing. Looking forward to our trip to the Royal Marines on saturday. If were to get anything then we need to be alot stronger than what weve seen at times during pre season. Saying that, at times we have played some good football.

As for Tivvy, looks like hard times have hit them. They have built up from very little in recent years and have a really good club, ground and decent support. Lets hope they can hold on to their conference south status. Saying that, wouldnt be a bad thing to see them in the SWPL!!!

Camelford 2-3 St Blazey

Crowd: approx 45 (20 from Blazey)

Glad to see the back of pre season. Nothing like the real thing. Looking forward to our trip to the Royal Marines on saturday. If were to get anything then we need to be alot stronger than what weve seen at times during pre season. Saying that, at times we have played some good football.

As for Tivvy, looks like hard times have hit them. They have built up from very little in recent years and have a really good club, ground and decent support. Lets hope they can hold on to their conference south status. Saying that, wouldnt be a bad thing to see them in the SWPL!!!

Paul, Tivvy play in the Southern League along with Truro, not the Conference South.

Tiverton are having a terrible Pre season- They should have been relegated from the Southern League Premier last season but were reprieved because of the demise of Merthyr Tydfil.

They are hot favourites for the drop this season

Looking at the Tiverton Town forum there is a 'Tongue in cheek' suggestion they raid Truro City for players as alledgedly they(TC) havn't been paid for the past two months