Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Vase

PERRANPORTH 0 ROYAL MARINES 2

Well done to the Marines who won an entertaining end to end game at a drizzly Tavistock AFC. Excellently Reffed by a young lad (Sorry name escapes me) well assisted by his linesman. Pitch and facilities were superb a far cry from the last time i played there back in 1996.

I thought turning point was losing Lee Dark at half time because in the first half he kept the marines dangerous winger Martin Finerron quiet but 2nd half he ran riot and after scoring the first tormented us for the rest of the game , 2 goals inside 5 minutes was perrans undoing but we rallied well and had 4 or 5 chances at the end.

An excellent day out well organised by the league crowd about 60 ish

Perranporth - 0 - 2 - Royal Marines

Perranporth Starting Line Up:

John Mitchell, Lee Denton, Dave Rawlings, Justin Miles, Lee Dark, Bryan Hawke, Ross Maynard, Dean Harris, Kevin Lawrence, Barry Leete, Alex Arquati

Subs:

Rob Watts, Matt Luff, Steve Hawke, Danny Ford

Match Officials:

Referee - Mr J Strout (Port Isaac)

Assistants - Mr D Lobb (Par), Mr L Maslen (Liskeard)

I was the 64th person that they had asked to play in goal for them !!!!! no it was the year i was born, and how old i felt this morning since playing my first game since last october ! :clapper:

You know you won't be able to use that for league matches, don't you? The rules of the league state that shirts shall be numbered 1-16 (or 1-17 omitting 13), and of course the Number 64 shirt was noted by the league officials present yesterday.

--

Richard

Blimey Richard chill out !! the shirt is only a bit of fun as it gets people wondering what its for.......

The Bodmin Keeper played without a number on his shirt i hope this was "Duly noted" by the leagues officials !!!!

:SM_carton:

Calm Down Dear........

Last season I wore the 64 shirt in the FHL no problem, year before Combo, no problem and I know the rules on goalkeepers numbers for the CSWPL. I have a keepers shirt with no 1 on it but it is white with a touch of blue and being as eagle eyed as you are you may of noticed that the Marines were playing in white... The club has two other no 1 shirts green and silver which unfortunately are a little on the tight side being a large and i cannot breath in them. That left me with a black shirt (Which the officials were wearing) and the yellow one that I wore end of......

I am not intending to play this season only when my son is unavailable so i saw no harm in wearing the 64 in a charity match and the Ref asked me what the number meant in the tunnel and had no problems with me wearing it.

But if i do turn out for the 1st team I will wear a shirt with the number 1 on it and send you a picture....... (or 13)

Darren never in this world ... it must of been a dream........ :clapper: A left foot fluke i can take but not a right......

I was the 64th person that they had asked to play in goal for them !!!!! no it was the year i was born, and how old i felt this morning since playing my first game since last october ! :clapper:

You know you won't be able to use that for league matches, don't you? The rules of the league state that shirts shall be numbered 1-16 (or 1-17 omitting 13), and of course the Number 64 shirt was noted by the league officials present yesterday.

--

Richard

Needed 1 life, condition unimportant, could have been the previous incarnation of a trainspotter or any activity that requires the compulsary wearing of an anorak, anything will be a step up!