Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly Result

Saturday 31st July

Mousehole (SWPL) 1-5 Holman SC (Combo)

Mousehole (FHFL1)7-2 Holman SC (FHFL2)

Thanks to all at Mousehole for your hospitality yesterday on a nice hot sunny day

All at Holmans send our best wishes to the player who suffered the nasty facial injury that required medical assistance

thanks pitty for the game yesterday,was very impressed with your lads and fully deserved your victory,spoke to chris today who sustained the nasty facial injury and he is fine despite having 40 stiches inserted,a debut to remember!all the best to holmans for the coming season.....darren woodard mousehole afc 1st team manager

With this 1-5 scoreline, either Holmans are a strong team this season or Mousehole are going to struggle again like last season. Perhaps they took the jump up a division like Goonhavern and Wendron that is perhaps unsustainable.

I wouldn't go as far to say Holmans are strong side Paul but it helps that we have a settled side due to all our players re-registering from last season. Player loyalty is a wonderful thing in this day and age. I don't think we will be able to mix it with the big boys but will hopefully not be staring at relegation all season like last year as it was occasionally a bit of an emotional rollercoaster!!!

Saturdays friendly was the first run out for Mousehole so they were still shaking off the summer break but managed to rattle our crossbar 3 times so i'm sure they will be good to go in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear Chris is alright as his injury looked pretty horrific before the paramedics arrived defo not a debut he will forget in a hurry.